**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Every community member please respond

2»

Comments

  • Options
    HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    edited September 2017
    Who took a screenshot?
  • Options
    HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    ackrite26 wrote: »
    I'm not the Mod who deleted it

    Slow down, your not even a 'Mod'

    Didn't say I was. I said I'm not the Mod who deleted it. Would you feel better if I said person?

    Why would you even feel inclined to reply in that context? "I'm not the mod/person/account/troll who deleted it" automatically implies you're in a position of authority. Let me remind you. You're not. The only one that MAY apply here is the latter of the 4 in your case.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    So this thread was sunk as well? Neat!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Anonymous wrote: »
    It was actually very constructive, pointing out how a corrupt company is taking advantage of its customers. People should be very wary of investing their time into this game. They do not care about you, only your money.

    That's not what constructive is.
    constructive: serving a useful purpose; tending to build up....

    Correct. There was no purpose to that Thread other than to vent.

    Well, maybe you didn't see anything other than venting, but many other people saw constructive input from a beta tester helping others understand how it works.

    Regardless of how many people agree with you, a vent is still a vent. When someone starts off by saying it's time to unleash their anger, chances are that's where it's going. It was a vent. One that may have been based on someone's experience with how they Beta Test with other companies, but a vent nonetheless. There was no positive discussion coming from it. No suggestions or ideas. Just criticism and complaints. It was not really generating any constructive conversation. Just people who agree with the vent. Beta Testing is different. Not every Beta Test Group is focused on QA, and not every Beta Test Group is responsible for making the decisions. It was a vent about the changes. There could be a few rules applied, Non-Constructive, Venting, Duplicate (since Threads on 15.0 exist), etc. It's not about disrespecting their experience. Regardless of that, there are still rules to the Forum, and that's what the Mods operate on. It wasn't a very productive conversation, and that doesn't make it so just because people agree.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,051 ★★★★★
    Every thread on the forum is people **** about stuff.....just go read the other ones, why stress so much over 1 out the 20 other same exact threads?
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Guys, add the troll to your ignore list and move on (unless you like banging your head against a wall). No use trying to make him understand. He'll still keep making a gazillion posts, all stating the exact same thing
  • Options
    King_turd123King_turd123 Posts: 156
    edited September 2017
    I'll wager 50 billion in-game gold and a 5* punisher that the beta testing is perfect already.

    Edit- O.K. double or nothing, loser has to reset their masteries and open arena crystals.
  • Options
    Hawke wrote: »
    Who took a screenshot?

    That would be me friend
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Anonymous wrote: »
    It was actually very constructive, pointing out how a corrupt company is taking advantage of its customers. People should be very wary of investing their time into this game. They do not care about you, only your money.

    That's not what constructive is.
    constructive: serving a useful purpose; tending to build up....

    Correct. There was no purpose to that Thread other than to vent.

    Well, maybe you didn't see anything other than venting, but many other people saw constructive input from a beta tester helping others understand how it works.

    Regardless of how many people agree with you, a vent is still a vent. When someone starts off by saying it's time to unleash their anger, chances are that's where it's going. It was a vent. One that may have been based on someone's experience with how they Beta Test with other companies, but a vent nonetheless. There was no positive discussion coming from it. No suggestions or ideas. Just criticism and complaints. It was not really generating any constructive conversation. Just people who agree with the vent. Beta Testing is different. Not every Beta Test Group is focused on QA, and not every Beta Test Group is responsible for making the decisions. It was a vent about the changes. There could be a few rules applied, Non-Constructive, Venting, Duplicate (since Threads on 15.0 exist), etc. It's not about disrespecting their experience. Regardless of that, there are still rules to the Forum, and that's what the Mods operate on. It wasn't a very productive conversation, and that doesn't make it so just because people agree.

    What made it constructive was that other people were helped to understand how it works. If you're not a beta tester, then you have no idea. That is "serving a useful purpose." The fact that you disagree or dislike it doesn't make it non constructive solely based on your opinion.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Guys, add the troll to your ignore list and move on (unless you like banging your head against a wall). No use trying to make him understand. He'll still keep making a gazillion posts, all stating the exact same thing

    Good point, just did that.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Kohlin wrote: »
    That thread was one of the constructive threads I have seen and I also posted . Threads being deleted is not uncommon but as far as I read in that thread no content merit this action butthen again overlords of kabam doesn't like to be questioned I guess. And there is one guy I want to add in ignore list. How to do it . Please tell me.hopefully it will hide his comments as well

    Switch to full site mode, click on the individual you wish to ignore, then select from the drop down.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    That's because I'm not reactive. In order to understand it, you have to be detached.

    I can respect your views, and would say the root cause of it differing from my own as with most things in life is probably due to personal interpretation. I can't say I am 100% non-reactive and detached to every and all topics, because for one, I am only human. Another reason would be because I am also a player, member of this community, and I am/was affected directly by many issues/problems that have arisen during my 2+ yrs of being an above avg. active player. And I will add, the issues/problems have been much more prevelant within the past 6 to 8mos.

    But I do try my best to be as you say when it comes to nearly everything I approach. I try to gather my thoughts and opinions with objectivity, unbiased fairness, empathy and respect for either side of a dispute/conflict.

    As to the post in question, I dont need a "fine toothed comb" to find some parts to be less than perfect, but what was more important for me as I had interpreted it, was the main/general message that was being sent and how it related to our "situation/environment" along with examples of other similar "environments" and how certain success was acheived by them.

    TBH, in light of some of the differing points being made, I am currently waiting on a copy of the OP to read it once more to make sure I didnt miss something that might cause me to think differently. I tend to be fairly thorough before I decide to weigh in on something, but again I am only human.

    As far as constructive criticism and whether or not that thread provided it, from my personal experiences and method of finding such about any topic, I felt it provided plenty of it, albeit with the possibilty of some of that constructive criticism was implicitly, rather than being expressly made towards certain situations.

    Lastly, I sincerely viewed that thread as being a possible catalyst in bringing about more solidarity within the community first and foremost, along with more of a uniform view in regards to the bigger significant issues that are present that need to be adresssed that would also encompass and remedy all the lesser current/immediate issues that flood the forums on a daily basis.

    Some may believe that the little things need to be fixed first and we work our way up to bigger ones, but I'm in the school of thought that believes none of the little things will ever be fixed correctly unless the bigger ones are fixed first.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I've had the opportunity to give the original OP a "once over", and would like to put on record that I have not been swayed in the least from my initial views and opinions. Now I would like to adress some previous comments made that I believe many others including myself could definitely find useful with some clarification in order to see "eye to eye" on "what is and what is not".
    Crine60 wrote: »
    They delete threads and comments all the time.

    I find that a little surprising, because I had assumed based from what I've seen, that threads were just closed under the cause of not being constructive or being against forum rules, and still able to be found, along with the all the comments, and we were just restricted from posting further comments. What would be considered the factors involved that would result in these 2 different scenarios that both fall under the category of "nothing constructive being offered..."? Thanks for your time!
  • Options
    Agree with everything you've said @WOK
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Regardless of how many people agree with you, a vent is still a vent. When someone starts off by saying it's time to unleash their anger, chances are that's where it's going. It was a vent. One that may have been based on someone's experience with how they Beta Test with other companies, but a vent nonetheless. There was no positive discussion coming from it. No suggestions or ideas. Just criticism and complaints. It was not really generating any constructive conversation. Just people who agree with the vent. Beta Testing is different. Not every Beta Test Group is focused on QA, and not every Beta Test Group is responsible for making the decisions. It was a vent about the changes. There could be a few rules applied, Non-Constructive, Venting, Duplicate (since Threads on 15.0 exist), etc. It's not about disrespecting their experience. Regardless of that, there are still rules to the Forum, and that's what the Mods operate on. It wasn't a very productive conversation, and that doesn't make it so just because people agree.

    A few points I would like some clarification on regarding your statements if you will. I am assuming that you have a copy of the entire post that included all the comments of other forum members to be able to make the statement of

    "There was no positive discussion coming from it. No suggestions or ideas. Just criticism and complaints. It was not really generating any constructive conversation. Just people who agree with the vent".

    I'll will openly admit that the OP did make complaints that extended from his frustrations as nearly everyone has done and will continue to do. Is that not allowed and considered to be violating forum rules when trying to get a msg across?

    The following is an excerpt of a statement made by OP in that thread

    "To put it simply, you are asking alliances to bring in a big variety of defenders to get more points, in order to win. I'm saying win because it was proven from the first day of the new wars, that alliance can easily reach the 100% exploration target. Thus "Defender Diversity" is now the game changing statistic".

    Is that statement to be understood as a vent that didnt have anything in the body that could generate constructive conversation and should be viewed as nothing more than a complaint?

    Now lets say you are someone who had firsthand knowledge and had read the entire thread along with making a comment yourself and recall there being positive discussion, a number of ideas being brought to the discussion from many differrent voices etc.... Would you recieve your statement as a truth, and be confident there is nothing wrong with it, or could it be considered as a mis-statement and viewed as a negative attack that has no suggestions or ideas, and is mainly complaining and not generating any constructive conversation?

    Unless you happen to truly be 100% detached and objective over the subject. Which I would care to guess is not so, evidenced by the fact you made those statements.
    It is my belief that being non reactive and detached and to have understood it would have compelled you not to make such comments especially in light of what was included in that discussion from so many different voices regardless of personal interpretation. So what seems to be the underlying issue here?

    I for one cannot truly say I know, but there are definitely others in this community that probably do along with some form of positive changes and suggestions to be made for the betterment of the game and more. I'm a person who would like to have such possiblities expanded and not be stifled by detractors masqueraded under the veil of "non partisan observer/commentor". The following are excerpts of a few forum rules....

    15. Remember the MAIN INTENTION of our forums: to FACILITATE CONVERSATION between not just our players and developer team, but between fellow players.

    11- Spreading conspiracy theories, false information, and rumors is not permitted. These just clog up the forums, incite anger or fear, and don’t help anybody.

    1- We expect all users to treat each other with respect. Insults, personal attacks, harassment, inflammatory posting, or generally rude posts will not be tolerated in either the forums, or private messages. This also includes the use of inappropriate, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any kind.

    I have seen #1 violated countless times with nothing being enforced.

    13- Respect the decisions of the Moderation team. The Moderation team’s decisions are “the last word”. Arguing with moderators about their decisions will not change the outcome of the decision. When you use our spaces, you are required to abide by our rules - even if you disagree with them.

    And I sadly must say that #13 is a bit to vague and definitely needs more detailed guidlines in order to be objectivley non partisan in determining a decision, because the moderation team are human after all and make personal interepretations just as we all do.
  • Options
    Hawke wrote: »
    Who took a screenshot?

    That would be me friend

    Google Web Cache is your friend :)
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom , I've been waiting patiently for your reply to my questions so we could get a little clarity on the topic to ensure we were actually discussing the same things. A simple "I decline to comment" would have been appreciated.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★
    WOK wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom , I've been waiting patiently for your reply to my questions so we could get a little clarity on the topic to ensure we were actually discussing the same things. A simple "I decline to comment" would have been appreciated.

    I'm detached from the issue of the War Changes. Actually, I'm also detached to the topic of the Thread being deleted. I'm not responsible for the Thread being deleted. However, the Moderation saw fit to do so. Having read it myself when it was posted, I have views on it, which I've shared. I was addressing the Thread itself. It was not constructive. It was a vent. As to the rules, I'm not debating them. Those are the rules. I have violated none of those in my comments, if that is the implication. If you are asking me to comment on rules not being enforced, I will say that the Moderation is done by Human Beings. They can't always react to every comment that violates those rules immediately. I'm not debating the actions of the Moderators. They deleted it, and they did so with reason. I've said what I think the reasons were. That is my opinion, and I can have such opinions and still be detached from it.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited September 2017
    WOK wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom , I've been waiting patiently for your reply to my questions so we could get a little clarity on the topic to ensure we were actually discussing the same things. A simple "I decline to comment" would have been appreciated.

    I'm detached from the issue of the War Changes. Actually, I'm also detached to the topic of the Thread being deleted. I'm not responsible for the Thread being deleted. However, the Moderation saw fit to do so. Having read it myself when it was posted, I have views on it, which I've shared. I was addressing the Thread itself. It was not constructive. It was a vent. As to the rules, I'm not debating them. Those are the rules. I have violated none of those in my comments, if that is the implication. If you are asking me to comment on rules not being enforced, I will say that the Moderation is done by Human Beings. They can't always react to every comment that violates those rules immediately. I'm not debating the actions of the Moderators. They deleted it, and they did so with reason. I've said what I think the reasons were. That is my opinion, and I can have such opinions and still be detached from it.

    I never held you responsible to the thread being deleted, and I apogize if my comments somehow gave you the impression that I did. It is also obvious that the moderation team saw it fit to do so, although to what benefit is left in question. And pardon me if this may seem an odd question, because I honestly dont know, but exactly what is considered to be a "thread"? Is it specifically the opening post, or the entire contents following and including the 1st?

    I'm also not trying to debate the rules, my intentions are to shed light on whatever the rules may be, they should be set in place and enforced without prejudice. Which I have evidenced they are not and to a substantial degree in my opinion. And I personally do not think nor feel that you violated any rules, I was implying that it could have been "interpreted" by some to have violated the rules. Which is one of the larger issues I was trying to address.

    This was and is not meant to be a personal debate with you. The reasons I happen to question your thoughts on the issues are that you seem to have a vast knowledge of the rules and how they seem to be applied, and you also seem to defend any and all actions by Kabam if accused of a fault. Anyone can be seen as to have no faults, if we were to view them from a perspective that holds them above reproach.

    You have every right to your opinion and should be free to express them as does everyone else so long as they abide by the rules, but when and if those rules are inconsistently enforced and it appears that there may be some changes necessary to prevent further inconsistencies, people need to voice their opinions. The current state of the game and how problems are being addressed should fall under the same theory. I appreciate you for taking the time to respond
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Well, as I had suggested in my original comments, I have decided to call it quits and said farewell to my alliance of 1yr along with members that have been teamates for nearly 2yrs along with 2 other members that decided the same. The "cherry on top" was having another discussion I posted immediately deleted just now after 3 comments were made. Best of luck MCOC community!
Sign In or Register to comment.