**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

It's been 5yrs. Why does in game chat still stink?

crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
Honestly... 5yrs of updates, and chat still has the same issues as it did then as it does now. Write things and hit send and they just disappear on my screen, but everyone else sees them. The chat doesn't refresh. Have to log out and back in every single time. How does something so simple that's been around since what, AOL messenger, work like utter **** in game? And for how bad the censors are, you can write a bunch of messages and have no clue if they even got censored or not.

I know this game has a laundry list of issues as always, but chat is about as basic as it gets. Five plus years and it's the same exact issue that's never been addressed and just seems to have gotten worse lately.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I’m glad I can’t talk in game anymore. In my global there’s rp players, depressed idiots, recruiters, people trying to get chicks. And there is this one person who is a serious Marvel fanboy and corrects people.

wdym can’t talk in game anymore? is it because you turned off global or did something happen?
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

I forgot to mention that there are some people who can be suicidal, and people who talk in all caps.

don't forget the hobo with the $25 walmart android that spends all his money on data to play the game!

Oh yeah, that too

wait..... are you in my global?
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Realistically we have all moved on to other chat apps that the in game chat will never match so it would be wasted resources to try to update the chat function that we won’t really use anyway.

Oh yeah, that too

Name a few people and I’ll try to remember
    the bomb squad, toddgod, silversurfer(the legend one that used to be in MMX), BudBundy(subscribe to his channel MCOC AlBundyRules btw)
    these are a couple people that come to global fairly often
  • RisenfromhellRisenfromhell Posts: 244 ★★
    Timone147 said:

Realistically we have all moved on to other chat apps that the in game chat will never match so it would be wasted resources to try to update the chat function that we won’t really use anyway.

Go try and do incursion with a random in room 6 or 7 and then come back again and say the same as above ^^
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Timone147 said:

Line is a ghost town. Nobody uses it anymore.

And this isn't asking for a makeover. It just needs to work properly. When the same problem exists on and off for five years, it's an issue. I don't know any other chat where once you hit enter/send, nothing happens. Yet others can see it. Have never seen any sort of chat or messenger not refresh/update, ever. This one has done it somewhat consistently for five years and has never been fully addressed.
  • Timone147 said:

Go try and do incursion with a random in room 6 or 7 and then come back again and say the same as above ^^
    Why would you do incursions with a random anyways?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Oh yeah, that too

the bomb squad, toddgod, silversurfer(the legend one that used to be in MMX), BudBundy(subscribe to his channel MCOC AlBundyRules btw)
    my respect for you has increased knowing you play with global
  • RisenfromhellRisenfromhell Posts: 244 ★★

Timone147 said:

Why would you do incursions with a random anyways?
    Lets say that i have shifting working time and sometimess the alliance is sleeping while im awake

Oh yeah, that too

my respect for you has increased knowing you play with global
    thanks?
    crogs said:

Timone147 said:

And this isn't asking for a makeover. It just needs to work properly. When the same problem exists on and off for five years, it's an issue. I don't know any other chat where once you hit enter/send, nothing happens. Yet others can see it. Have never seen any sort of chat or messenger not refresh/update, ever. This one has done it somewhat consistently for five years and has never been fully addressed.
    Really? Then why is it used by all the top alliances for planning? and also by all the mercs? + most of the decent players in the game?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Honestly I think it used to work better.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

crogs said:

Timone147 said:

Really? Then why is it used by all the top alliances for planning? and also by all the mercs? + most of the decent players in the game?
    The majority of alliances that use chat apps use line. Some use discord and other apps but if you look at recruiting or alliance descriptions "line required" is still the most common. "Ghost Town" isn't just hyperbolic, it's flat out wrong.
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    edited July 2020