**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

AQ Map 6 Gold Cost is Actually Increasing...

Comments

• Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    CRE4TOR said:

And NO ONEs brought up the point of compounding costs for using the same donation....

What is even the point of it....

I can SLIGHTLY understand it when it comes to choosing rewards in event prize stores...

But in something that we’re forced to pay every week, day in and day out. Seems like a pointless drain of resources for a mandatory game mode.

and by manditory... you know what I mean... so don’t reply with an idiotic reply.

Actually i mentioned this earlier in the thread. If you buy 28 tickets with gold you will be paying MORE in gold than you do presently to run map 6

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike one aim of the Alliance tickets was to reduce donations. As per the thread itself. Do you see that if you split it evenly, 25 tickets per resource, Map 6 pays more in 2 categories, and barely gets a discount in the third? Map 7 folks get reduced donations, Map 6 suffers? How does this system benefit us? Pandering to Map 7 or the top alliances while shafting the others doesn't help.

Map 6 according to @AzKicker316 is less than I ever paid for donations. When we were doing map 6x5x3 our dono's were 235k for gold.

The good thing about this is, you can use whatever resources you want to offset the others.
    Gold is lesser, but net Gold isn't. Cut out 105k Gold we used to get from Map 6. And I've not had to pay higher than 19k loyalty and 24-25k BC until we had a couple split and had to cover donations. No idea what your alliance used to keep. See the entire donations
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike one aim of the Alliance tickets was to reduce donations. As per the thread itself. Do you see that if you split it evenly, 25 tickets per resource, Map 6 pays more in 2 categories, and barely gets a discount in the third? Map 7 folks get reduced donations, Map 6 suffers? How does this system benefit us? Pandering to Map 7 or the top alliances while shafting the others doesn't help.

Map 6 according to @AzKicker316 is less than I ever paid for donations. When we were doing map 6x5x3 our dono's were 235k for gold.

The good thing about this is, you can use whatever resources you want to offset the others.
    The previous gold cost for map 6 AQ is as listed by op. 235k would not be sustainable. Your alliance must have been using reserves to keep running it.
    edited June 2020
    Map 7 had such a huge reduction in costs overall when using 50 tickets each. Map 6 basically got a net increase lol.
    Tickets were made to reduce donations dumps due to Map 7. In the process, Map 6 got nothinv. Can't swap donations as well.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

Gold is lesser, but net Gold isn't. Cut out 105k Gold we used to get from Map 6. And I've not had to pay higher than 19k loyalty and 24-25k BC until we had a couple split and had to cover donations. No idea what your alliance used to keep. See the entire donations
    We were 15k loyalty and 28 BC I think.

But honestly I don't remember what it was when we did 6x5x3. It's been a long time since we did that.

We were 15k loyalty and 28 BC I think.

But honestly I don't remember what it was when we did 6x5x3. It's been a long time since we did that.
    Either way, taking what has been posted above, Map 6 is paying more in terms of donations. Yet Miike's post says that there is a 'significant reduction' in costs. Which is false for Map 6.
    The short version of the above is that unless you grind out a significant portion of the battle chips in the arena, your overall cost of AQ has increased with the gold taken away. If you return the gold rewards you can offset BC with gold and the effective cost is less than the old system
  • dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    So to really see the impact here, you have to play out the 8 day AQ ticket vs the 7 day donations until it comes back around after 56 days.

So yes, after the first 7 days, you've actually paid 19,977 more gold under the new system, but that doesn't mean you're paying 19,977 more gold each week. You have to complete the cycle.

After 56 days, you'll spend 115K LESS gold under the new AQ system running 6x5.

Here's the spreadsheet if you want to see how it all works out: https://frontlinemcochome.files.wordpress.com/2020/06/aq-map-6-comparison-gold.xlsx

The math here is incorrect and is looking at 7-day Donations on an 8-day cycle. You need to look at the cost for a single cycle to compare. That's 5-Days vs 5-Days. Or, you need to apply the same 12.5% Discount to both.

If you purchase 25 tickets with Gold, the cost is 170 185 Gold. In the previous system, donations costs for a 6x5 with an equal split of treasury (divide each resource by 30), the donation cost would be 291 667. Including the gold you receive back if all 3 BGs were able to get Conqueror Rewards, it would be 186 669. That's a difference of 16,484 gold per cycle of Alliance Quests.

According to the picture @AzKicker316 posted, it's more than 170185 gold. Even so, I don't understand how 16,484 is a significant reduction. That's barely 1.5 lvl on a 5* hero. Map 7 is getting over 60k gold last I saw.
    dano357 said:

So to really see the impact here, you have to play out the 8 day AQ ticket vs the 7 day donations until it comes back around after 56 days.

So yes, after the first 7 days, you've actually paid 19,977 more gold under the new system, but that doesn't mean you're paying 19,977 more gold each week. You have to complete the cycle.

Here's the spreadsheet if you want to see how it all works out: https://frontlinemcochome.files.wordpress.com/2020/06/aq-map-6-comparison-gold.xlsx

@dano357 Thanks kindly for the math my friend! With that said, once again that assumes you are able to procure every resource here evenly. Previously you were able to arrange for someone else to donate a resource for you that you may be deficient in. Now you can no longer do so. It only takes having to supplement 3 additional tickets with gold because you lack either BC or Loyalty for that 115k 56 day cycle benefit to become a deficit. If the gold rewards were restored this grants map 6 players and additional 14 tickets of leeway room to supplement from another resource.

This is particularly important for those of us that used to use units to donate battle chips. Previously it cost 56 units for the week (29167 BC per 8 day cycle of map 6) now it costs 75. Unless you want to pay more units you now have to donate with another resource

If you choose to move the additional 19 units to another resource (we will round to 18 because that is easier to do with tickets), you now have to put 6 tickets into a combination of different resources.

If you evenly split them between Gold and Loyalty the cost is now....

18,174 loyalty for each 8 days (28 tickets, prior cost was 20,833 per 8 day cycle so still a savings of 2659 per 8 day cycle)

and

191,794 Gold for each 8 days (also 28 tickets and represents a loss of Gold of 5127 gold per 8 day cycle)

That actually still leaves 1 additional ticket that you have to pay for in some manner as well...

edited June 2020
    Overall @dano357 and @Kabam Miike and others, I suppose my post boils down to the following points:

With the gold rewards being taken away:

1) I didn't feel good to find out after the fact.

2) Although you can work things around to create savings for yourself with the new AQ system, without the gold rewards we used to get this savings is mitigated substantially (was going to be a windfall of 121,482 per cycle and reduces it to 16,484). It takes something that previously felt like a win and makes it feel rather meh. Kind of like winning the lottery and then finding out you need to pay 86.5% of it in taxes. You still win but it feels like you are being robbed.

3) It can actually cost some players more gold to run AQ depending on how they used to do donations. If you used to use units to donate your battle chips (and I know many players that do) then you may actually be spending more.
    With the additional flexibility of the gold rewards there is no way to spin the cost of tickets that isn't a win for every player.
    edited June 2020
    dano357 said:

As I said above, the original post stated that there is a significant decrease in donations. Okay, I pay 115k less gold in 56 days. Map 7 pays less than 60-70k per cycle itself. Add in the reduction in loyalty and BC, they get an actual noticeable reduction per week. Map 6 gets a reduction of around 2-3k in Loyalty and BC and has to wait 7 AQ cycles to see a difference in gold? How is that fair?
  • vmp1995vmp1995 Posts: 6

The math here is incorrect and is looking at 7-day Donations on an 8-day cycle. You need to look at the cost for a single cycle to compare. That's 5-Days vs 5-Days. Or, you need to apply the same 12.5% Discount to both.

If you purchase 25 tickets with Gold, the cost is 170 185 Gold. In the previous system, donations costs for a 6x5 with an equal split of treasury (divide each resource by 30), the donation cost would be 291 667. Including the gold you receive back if all 3 BGs were able to get Conqueror Rewards, it would be 186 669. That's a difference of 16,484 gold per cycle of Alliance Quests.

I honestly cannot understand your objective. I thought that with these new ticket prices that help players get a little more gold. That's because gold is a rather difficult resource to obtain so you don't have 5 or 6 hours a day to do arena. This is clear for those who want to have a better account. Going up 5 and 6 stars costs a fortune.
    After all, it's just a diversion. They lower the possible cost in gold and then take it out of the M6 ​​rewards.
    If you weren't asking too much, you can put the link there where, together with the reduction in the price of "donations", they announce that they withdraw an M6 reward.

Increasingly disappointed
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

This is great. Can we talk about the numbers for a map 6 player in a 6-5-5 group? Buying 25 tickets with each resource, he pays 170k-20k-14k or something like that. Donations for a 6-5-5 group now are 130-7-9 and you get 75% of that gold back. That means those players are getting bent over a barrel, losing 170k gold every 8 days instead of about 30k. Even if the fix is live at the start of August, those players lose a million gold each, PLUS chips PLUS loyalty compared to maintaining the status quo.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I want some sort of acknowledgement that if you’re a map 6 player in a 6-5-5 alliance, you’re about to get bled out of a million gold, because over the 2-2.5 months until they fix tickets, that’s what we’re all losing compared to the current system.
  • JapioJapio Posts: 6
    The costs of BC is increased. I don’t play arena and bought BC donation with units.
    1 unit was 550 BC. Now 3 units is 700 BC.
  • AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114
    No one deserves any answers . It’s kabams game , they can change anything anytime they want as written in the TOS.

Can someone please explain where does the gold come from if you want to keep playing aq but can’t grind arena ?

Cash for tickets ? P2P aq ?
    Haji_Saab said:

AdixRaj said:

No one deserves any answers . It’s kabams game , they can change anything anytime they want as written in the TOS.

Can someone please explain where does the gold come from if you want to keep playing aq but can’t grind arena ?

Cash for tickets ? P2P aq ?

From the same place it came from before the change.
    Actually nope. For people who had some units and bc or just a ton of loyalty, they could earn gold slowly but steadily through AQ. 105k per week, plus smaller amounts whenever possible to do arena or through quests just by trading Gold donations with someone else. Now that option isn't there.
  • SunnyJim_123SunnyJim_123 Posts: 78

All of this uproar and we save 16,484 gold per week... is it really worth it??

Multiple times you guys had to tell us ‘we will no longer receive gold as a reward from AQ’ but nothing

Who ever is now making these decisions needs to be put on the forefront and let this community know why things are going backward and not progressing to the heights it should be at after 5 years