**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Where is the gold from AQ?

Comments

• Aamir123Aamir123 Posts: 92
    edited June 2020
    Gmonkey said:

If you are in an alliance that runs map6 you pay less over all gold even with the loss of 105000 if you run 3 bg map 6 x 5 days. Your battlechips and loyalty are about the same, gold would be 37000 less I posted the math in another thread.
    This is the new donation see battlechips and loyalty the same roughly slightly less. Gold minus the 105000 is 37000 less

This is old donation

I’m not into that much of maths. My basic point is, they shouldn’t have removed the gold. Gold is one of the worst requirement of this game and most of the community members are short on it. Instead of increasing it, they removed it.
    My suggestion here is either Kabam should increase the gold output or decrease the cost of rankups as well as aq tickets too. Games are intended for fun not for boredum (playing arenas for hours daily to get bc and gold).
  • CloudOfContemptCloudOfContempt Posts: 97 ★★
    I appreciate the re-opening of the thread @Kabam Miike. I’m sure that there will be plenty of discussion amongst ourselves with calculations and following questions. I hope that we, both the players and the Kabam team, can have a productive back and forth on this issue.
  • CloudOfContemptCloudOfContempt Posts: 97 ★★
    Gmonkey said:

If you are in an alliance that runs map6 you pay less over all gold even with the loss of 105000 if you run 3 bg map 6 x 5 days. Your battlechips and loyalty are about the same, gold would be 37000 less I posted the math in another thread.
    This is the new donation see battlechips and loyalty the same roughly slightly less. Gold minus the 105000 is 37000 less

This is old donation

It’s nice to see that you can adjust ticket purchasing to remain nearly the same and cheaper gold, but I felt that their announcement gave the impression that it would be cheaper across all resources. In my opinion the split of tickets should remain even 25/25/25 and actually be cheaper in each category. I think this could easily be fixed by changing the scaling tables of the cost or simply reinstating our gold returns.
  • AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114
    Did decision making authority change at kabam ? Makes me wonder , how lately some of the decisions have been utterly poor

I’m 90% convinced , you are trying to drive people away !
  • Mav3NMav3N Posts: 14
    I really like @Kabam Miike , as he always creat some ambiguity and hot topics for discussions. He made this forum "live" . But i dont know what is more important, this forum or the game itself? Sir, I am really a big fan of this game and I have 2 accounts at the maximum level. I have seen many of us complaining kabam for receiving trash 5*s or 6*s. I do have very bad roaster, but its a part of game, so no need to complain upon that. But yeah the topic we are discussing here is a big concern. I would suggest you dear kabam that, business is different and fun/enjoyment is different. But its true that you are here for business and that is ethical. Game is yours and you have full authority to change as per your wishes. But for good business you need to make your customer happy and thats also true that you cant make everyone happy. But you have to address big messed ups and this is the one of them. Do the changes which encourage peoples to play this game more and if they are playing more definetly they will spend more. Make it easy and always think as a player, dont think as the owner of the game. that may help you to understand the frustration of gamers. "If you have given something pls dont take it back" , its better not to give initially.
    Anyway kabam, its a great game, I really dont bother if i upgrade my champ today or tomorrow. if you are giving less gold i will upgrade them a little later, this is same for all. whats the big deal in it? But frustrated peoples will leave and thats what i dont want. This is the only reason i am commenting on this discussion.
    Goodluck Kabam and his team.

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited June 2020

Hey all,

This was an intentional change, but one that we let slip from our communications. It was in our Comms, but somewhere in the editing process, it went missing. I am very sorry for that. Originally, the resource return in paid maps was to offset the cost of running the Map. With the significant reduction of cost to run Maps 6 and 7, we reduced the Gold returned.

For Map 5, the Gold received is reduced from 6500 to 1500
    For Map 6, the Gold received is reduced from 7000 to 0.

With the reduction in the Gold that is needed, it should already mostly balance itself out if you use an even split of resources.

Map 5:

You got 97.500 - 65.625 (donations) = 31.875 gold gained.

Now its 22.500 gold gain.

Only you guys can make it "free" and more expensive.

What the hell?
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    And they "forgot to mention" this in the announcement, the revised announcement, or the long thread of people telling them this ticket system was a complete mess and poorly thought out.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike so you guys lowered gold reward for map 5....are you going to also lower it for maps 2-3-4 as those maps give more gold now then 5? Explain that logic
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 450 ★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

@Kabam Miike so you guys lowered gold reward for map 5....are you going to also lower it for maps 2-3-4 as those maps give more gold now then 5? Explain that logic

I hope not. AQ is my main source for gold. I'm screwed if they do that.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Hey all,

This was an intentional change, but one that we let slip from our communications. It was in our Comms, but somewhere in the editing process, it went missing. I am very sorry for that. Originally, the resource return in paid maps was to offset the cost of running the Map. With the significant reduction of cost to run Maps 6 and 7, we reduced the Gold returned.

With the reduction in the Gold that is needed, it should already mostly balance itself out if you use an even split of resources.

Map 5:

What the hell?
    Seraphion said:

Hey all,

Map 5:

What the hell?
    Okay I was wrong here on the math.

You I did use -12,5% for the donation.
    If you do it without its +- 0

I still dont understand why tho.
    Is it so bad to earn a bit more gold on the lower lvls?
  • BigLamaBigLama Posts: 7
    Kabam is not going to do anything about that. I made a post yesterday which was deleted 5 minutes after posting and I got warned. Seems like I break the terms of service because of having an other opinion.
    They told me that I have to take the decision of the team if I like it or not. I have the conversation here but they just delete it again.

They said I have to respect the decision. On my question „if they respect their players“ I got no answer yet.

So let’s all just be Good kids and do what Mama kabam is saying.
  • Atiqilis_790Atiqilis_790 Posts: 20
    They have lowered gold rewards in uncollected event as well.
    How is gold soo game breaking exactly ?
    guardians have been instructed to mindlessly defend kabam ? I hope I’m wrong though !

• Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Marketing at its finest guys

With the significant reduction of cost to run Maps 6 and 7, we reduced the Gold returned.

Kabam trying to sell the new ticket system as a pro player move by reducing the cost

oh wait, it would largely be the same cost due to the removal of gold so it balances itself out

just .....

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

They have lowered gold rewards in uncollected event as well.

Did they?
  • OG_Luke1OG_Luke1 Posts: 29
    For the gold return to be "equal" for everyone, there should be no more free maps. Lower maps should have to pay some also, or you could make all maps free and give gold on all of them. Lets be fair for once Kabam if they get free rewards for their maps why is it such a big deal for gold return on high maps.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★
    This is a pretty huge cut back in gold overall lol gonna push a lot of players to get back into that arena grind many of them don’t even want to do just to rank champs up. That or buy gold crystals(that was the main goal here right? Lol). But the communication on this part once again was bad lol I mean how are you “forgetting” to mention things so consistently? lol