**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Tickets - Treasury refund

Comments

• Options
    SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293

Not sure how they were calculated but everyone in our alliance donates the same and there are some large discrepancies... One guy got 21, 44, 88 so no clue how they are doing this or how it is accurate... I am the leader and there are discrepancies among guys who have been in the alliance over a year before we even did donations and have been donating the same amount over the past 6 months

One of my guys got 5 and another got 500. I really don't even like playing this game anymore.
  • Options
    SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    Menkent said:

Kabam can do nothing right. If they'd just warned us we could have stopped or slowed donations to burn off the treasury. Instead the treasury just disappeared. I get that this is a way to punish alliances that were using fake accounts to load up their treasury, but wtf?

They like to punish their ENTIRE PLAYER BASE EQUALLY for their hard work and dedication, and money spent.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    So far my alliance has ranged from 43 to 765. No one knows why.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

Xygon said:

Has anyone gotten this yet? Asking around in some alliance chats and I haven’t heard anything

There's a lot of players that will be getting this, so it will take a while.
    What happens if you changed alliances?
    It was not based on Alliance, so don't worry if other Summoners in your alliance have gotten their message, but you haven't yet.
    Miike, quick question
    Can you say if there are plans to allow for these tickets to traded back in for glory/BC/gold?
    I've got 115 tickets now which... tbh i have no idea what that amounts to but feels pretty reasonable to me...

but ive never run map 6 or 7 and honestly never intend to, so these tickets are worthless to me, a simple gold or loyalty exchange for a period to allow those of us who dont need these tickets would be really good imo
    No there won't be.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Hmmm... I do have a habit of donating during free weeks.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I got 430. I traded a lot of gold for loyalty and sometimes chips. Wasn't sure how they would account for lower donations in one area but I'm happy with the return.
  • Options
    MathstadonMathstadon Posts: 15

15 tickets? Really? 15? Honestly, I am supposed to trust this calculation? Unreal, honestly I have no more words

How many should you have received?
    I doubt most people kept track of what they donated each week. So I guess we have to take Kabams word for it? And since they never told us what happens if you donated a ton of gold just to keep the alliance flush then we will never know how to calculate ticket refunds greater than 1.3m gold. So we should just trust they didnt mess anything up because Kabam NEVER makes mistakes and are always EXTREMELY transparent

I’m no rocket scientist but as a map 6 alliance I got refunded 3 tickets for my 5 months back of alliance quest donations 😂
  • Options
    LibralonixLibralonix Posts: 229

Xygon said:

Has anyone gotten this yet? Asking around in some alliance chats and I haven’t heard anything

There's a lot of players that will be getting this, so it will take a while.
    What happens if you changed alliances?
    It was not based on Alliance, so don't worry if other Summoners in your alliance have gotten their message, but you haven't yet.
    Do we have any updates on when the process for refunding people will be complete as no one in my alliance have received any tickets yet
  • Options
    JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★

No clue if this is what I am supposed to get back or not since Kabam hasn't been close to transparent on this at all.

No information on how much I donated, how much was used, or how their scaling works after the first 150 tickets of the same resource. I asked several times for the last part, and while Moderators answered some really dumb questions, ignored my questions. So I can only assume I got the shift because it always seems when moderators ignore a question its because you won't like the answer or something shady is going on behind the scenes.
  • Options
    DMAN232DMAN232 Posts: 26
    edited June 2020
    gkelly26 said:

How was the amount of tickets refunded calculated?

By the same person that designs the overpriced offers and terrible content

The discrepancies between refunds in our alliance was enormous and we all donated the same amount

I can't belive this company cannot do anything right!
  • Options
    odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Still haven’t got any tickets
  • Options
    EinHeroEinHero Posts: 23
    Kabam,
    Something is weird with the balance distribution of the alliance tickets, I have been member of alliances for so long and been donating fairly. I do not understand why I only receive the, supposed to be 6months of donations, virtually nothing at all....

• Options
    EinHeroEinHero Posts: 23
    It’s highly inconceivable... kindly redo the accounting please or provide us the computation/calculation of the returned alliance tickets vs our accumulated donations
  • Options
    SchmidySchmidy Posts: 14
    This one is a win for Mercs, they'll never have to pay for another AQ as long as this games around!!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    gkelly26 said:

This was explained in the announcement but many people seem to have misinterpreted it or glossed over it. The announcement said Kabam would datamine your last five months of donations and refund that amount minus map costs.

I don't know the precise details of the calculation, but the way that reads it is very possible to get nothing back, or very little. Suppose you were donating exactly what you should have been donating to run the maps you've been running for the past five months. In that case, your donations minus your map costs would be zero, and you wouldn't get back any tickets. I would imagine the vast majority of players would be getting zero or a tiny amount (because donations are rounded off by many alliances, many players donate a tiny fraction more than necessary).

The intent of the refund was not to refund alliance treasuries back to players. It was to refund donations players made recently that were never actually used to run maps. A lot of people thought they were getting five months worth of donations refunded, but that's not what the announcement actually said.
  • Options
    Mike439 said:

Since AQ was based on an 8 day cycle and most people paid weekly donations, doesn’t that mean anyone who paid the minimum donations every week the last 5 months is guaranteed tickets back?

Would have been an extra 12.5% every week.

Some alliances factor that into their calculations. Mine did back in the day.
  • Options
    Schmidy said:

This one is a win for Mercs, they'll never have to pay for another AQ as long as this games around!!

Accounts used to farm alliance donations would be potentially getting a ton of tickets, but those accounts aren't always used to actually run AQ. Since tickets can't be traded or gifted, they are just trapped in those accounts. Even if they do use them, donation farming accounts used to be able to supply the donations for dozens of players, and now they are essentially reduced to supplying one account, and one specific account, and that's still a significant impact on those accounts. In particular, they can't really be profitable doing this anymore.
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    EinHero said:

Kabam,
    Something is weird with the balance distribution of the alliance tickets, I have been member of alliances for so long and been donating fairly. I do not understand why I only receive the, supposed to be 6months of donations, virtually nothing at all....

Hey, you got 5 times more than me, I don't know why you are complaining!

:confounded:
  • Options

I was,donating 200,000 a week in gold. Was #1 in my alliance for donations every week for over a year. And I got back crumbs, this is totally wack.

If you could put solid numbers behind this with specifics, it is possible Kabam might be able to track down an error they could correct. I know my own refund was in error, but I also believe I know what the error was and reported it to them. My error was too high, way, way too high, so it would probably be in my best interests to shut the heck up, but I think if they are made aware of how this might have glitched, maybe they might find a way to address it for anyone affected,
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

gkelly26 said:

This was explained in the announcement but many people seem to have misinterpreted it or glossed over it. The announcement said Kabam would datamine your last five months of donations and refund that amount minus map costs.
    It was never fully explained how they calculated anything, so nobody knows if what they got was indeed correct.
    All we know is they chose to go back 5 months, without any discussion why they picked that many months.

They haven't been transparent at all, and all people are asking for is to be 100% transparent on how they determined what people got back.

The intent of the refund was not to refund alliance treasuries back to players. It was to refund donations players made recently that were never actually used to run maps. A lot of people thought they were getting five months worth of donations refunded, but that's not what the announcement actually said.

Never actually used *yet*. Nobody could have predicted the future, what if they were taking a 6 month break, but before that, they donated millions in resources, with the intention of going back to map 6/7 at some point? Kabam basically robbed them blind.

This whole process has been shortsighted and very deceptive.