**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Archangel worth a 5* generic awakening gem in my current situation?

nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
edited June 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Is it worth using a 5* generic awakening gem on Archangel for act6 exploration and potentially, for a few fights in AOL? I wouldn't have considered a generic but I have like 30 sig stones in my stash about to expire, 5 of them expiring tomorrow. I don't have any other good awakened mutants to use the stones on and 5* signature stones are just as rare in game right now as they were an year ago. The only other unawakened mutants that are worth considering are Emma Frost and Domino (I don't have Red Hulk 5* but I do have a 6* Massacre).

I just started playing since a month ago after a long break of almost an year. My other maxed out 5*s are Medusa, Blade, Cap IW and I ranked up Sentinel, Aegon after returning to become a cavalier. Hopefully someone with act6/AOL experience will give their insights.

Comments

• RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    edited June 2020
    I would R5 Domino over AA. I wouldn't use a generic gem on a champ I would not rank up in the near future ...

So, me in your place would consider to let the stones expire. A generic gem is still so rare in the game ... wait for champ you would R5 in the near future.

If you want to R5 AA over Domino, then perhaps. But wouldn't be my choice.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    RoOOts said:

I would R5 Domino over AA. I wouldn't use a generic gem on a champ I would not rank up in the near future ...

So, me in your place would consider to let the stones expire. A generic gem is still so rare in the game ... wait for champ you would R5 in the near future.

If you want to R5 AA over Domino, then perhaps. But wouldn't be my choice.

So use the generic on Domino and r5 her? I should have mentioned that I have enough t5b catalysts. I just need a few t2a to max out another 5* champion.
  • KingKevin8KingKevin8 Posts: 114 ★★
    Do not use a generic on domino! Her signature ability is not required. I personally would use a generic on AA as he is useful in act 6 and abyss. Imo AA is better than domino for both these pieces of content. Also, you have to remember there have been a lot of new champions that have been added to the game during your break that deserve the gem like nick fury, omega red, namor, etc. so choose wisely.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★

Do not use a generic on domino! Her signature ability is not required. I personally would use a generic on AA as he is useful in act 6 and abyss. Imo AA is better than domino for both these pieces of content. Also, you have to remember there have been a lot of new champions that have been added to the game during your break that deserve the gem like nick fury, omega red, namor, etc. so choose wisely.

That's good to know! I wouldn't have considered using it on Archangel under normal circumstances but oh well..

I was lucky enough to pull a Nick Fury and have a skill gem for him, I have a cosmic, mystic and science awakening gems waiting for when I do get a good champ, it's just signature stones are rare and awakening a champ that needs high sig is painful.

I think I'll awaken Archangel and sig him up. Thank you.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Awaken AA, he's amazing
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I would still awaken aa, even without ranking him up
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    You won't regret awakening AA, after I awakened mine (naturally) I fly through content. it truly made my MCOC life easier.