Options

Chat bug - Missing messages [Merged Threads]

bayetovskybayetovsky Posts: 9
edited June 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Since the last maintenance I've been experiencing issues with the game chat (alliance and incursion chat too) where the messages sent do not appear (and sometimes messages sent by other players don't appear neither).

Can be particularly annoying when you're running incursions and quick chat isn't showing the messages that are being sent.

Restarting the game fixes this temporarily and messages previously sent appear in the chat after relogging.

Experiencing this on iOS.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    Game restart still has the incursion chat broken
  • Options
    McFrenkieMcFrenkie Posts: 14
    I also got this issue. Chat or AW/AQ notifications appears around 30-60 minutes later then the action happened.
  • Options
    WolfrhkWolfrhk Posts: 78
    Alliance Chat disappearing on Android as well, my entire alliance is complaining about it. Started right after the two maintenance days. Using Samsung Galaxy J7, Android 9.0, latest version of MCOC
  • Options
    SillyillySillyilly Posts: 4
    Experiences the same issue multiple times in incursions. Sending and receiving messages is disabled. I have to restart the game in the middle of an incursion run while my partner is forced to wait. Submitted a ticket. Very frustrating when in game chat is the only way to communicate with your random partner.
  • Options
    Sud7Sud7 Posts: 20
    edited June 2020
    This is really frustrating 😞😖😖😖. I quit so many incursions... I am not able to play incursion with my friends.... I can't see their as well as my messages in chat room😣😒.
    You need to do something ASAP... Otherwise your compensation rewards won't matter either
    https://youtu.be/bu3ugQL8luY
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,073 Guardian
    Chat panes had turned buggy even before the Update, and without even having applied this latest Update yet.

Even Alliance Chat, BG Chat, as well as Private Msg Chat panes, often are not showing your own Msgs you just wrote until you exit and re-enter the game.

Started noticing this around the time of that Emergency (and then sort of planned follow-up back-end Server HotFix) Maintenance from about a week ago.

As to Incursions, Dungeon Chat has always been inconsistent, ever since Dungeons were introduced. Even when other chats seemed OK.
  • Options
    Have not Updated Game yet, and also happening with the prior version lately.

Alliance, BG, and Private Chat. Your own messages not showing up (most of time) until you exit and restart game.

Might have even started happening (at least inconsistently) several days earlier already (?)
  • Options
    ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    It happened even before this update.
  • Options
    After the game update it is still happening unfortunatelly
  • Options
    AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 935 ★★★
    Same here. Latest version of IOS. Iphone XR.
  • Options
    Also noticed besides chats not showing up, my recent crystal openings don't show up in Alliance page. Have to restart game to see them. Problem is not just chat related. Running latest game update, did not fix issue.
  • Options
    KyusushuiKyusushui Posts: 145 ★★
    I frequently get an error in the in-game chat system where my messages won't send it I won't receive messages. This also happens a lot in incursions which is frustrating when trying to work with other people. I know many people use out of game apps like line to contact each other, but the game should at least have a properly working message system. Have others had this issue and has it been acknowledged by Kabam?
  • Options
    Judging by how many times this got posted, you might have a connection issue, which could also impact the messaging system.
  • Options
    StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 191
    This is an ongoing issue in the game. The in game chat frequently does not work. IE: I post something in chat, and it does not show in the chat window, which is the case, right now. I have experienced this on far more then just one occasion.
  • Options
    KyusushuiKyusushui Posts: 145 ★★
    My bad I don't know why it posted multiple times
  • Options
    Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    I can't see my chats it's disappear or didn't sent to other person..did anyone face this issue
  • Options
    panda_mcocpanda_mcoc Posts: 32
    edited June 2020
    Recently after the last update I experienced a bug with my chat. When I enter something into the alliance chat, it is delayed and I cannot see it. That’s not a big issue as it will later load in, but when I was playing incursions, me and my partner experienced this issue and neither of us could see each other’s messages until about 2 or more rooms passed or not see them at all.

Device/Game info:
    Name: panda.exe
    Device: iPhone SE
    Operating System: iOS 13.3.1
    Game Version: 27.1.0
  • Options
    54patriots1254patriots12 Posts: 126
    I'm seeing it in all chats. Battle groups, war chat, alliance chat. I've seen this happen with messages from the game when taking down nodes or bosses.
  • Options
    PravinLearPravinLear Posts: 9
    Yeah mate this thing happens to me too,actually I'm facing this problem a well over a year now.Due this issue i lost my in-game friends ,I've been kicked out of many alliances since i can't give them my line id,unable to join new alliance and many more problems.
  • Options
    Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Posts: 7,033
    Hey everyone, we've passed along this info to the rest of the team.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response @Kabam Zibiit !

One new related bug popped up. Alliance chat has completely disappeared for myself and my wife who plays on a different account. Also all Alliance notifications are gone.
  • Options
    Rekam_7Rekam_7 Posts: 0
    My alliance chat not showing any messages.
  • Options
    DevourerDevourer Posts: 26
    So incursion reset today and the chat is completly broken kabam, people cant see messages at all, before you could simple switch to another chat then come back and that was a way to fix it, now anyone playing incursion especialy with randoms is left in the dark, had to run a whole incursion by using a 3rd part app to send messages, this was working as intended last month but this month its completely inapoprable, to where even changing chat rooms doesnt resolve the issue please fix this asap becuase its leaving many in the dark with incursion strategy
  • Options
    HavingfunHavingfun Posts: 2
    I can’t talk to my friends or alliance or on global
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Chat (and Ally Tab) which had totally disappeared earlier today seems to be back up (at least for me it is).

Which was different from what had been going on the past week which was just not seeing your own messages afterwards writing them (of which, trying one attempt now seemed to work also). ** but AQ/AW had both ended, and that initial week long problem typically happens more so when AQ/AW are going on (so not sure whether that is really fixed or not yet).
  • Options
    Kabam VydiousKabam Vydious Posts: 3,598
    This should be working again! Close and reopen. If any issue persists, please let us know. :)
  • Options
    PrateekjPrateekj Posts: 0
    IGN: Prateekj
    Android user on redmi 6 pro.

Yesterday i was playing incursions and I couldn't chat with my incursion buddy as chat room wasn't working.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

This should be working again! Close and reopen. If any issue persists, please let us know. :)

After this was posted I didn't experience any issues in chat until after the outage we had a few hours ago. Now it's happening again :disappointed:

Rollback of server settings/code in the outage @Kabam Vydious ?
  • Options
    any updates @Kabam Vydious ?
  • Options
    Kabam VydiousKabam Vydious Posts: 3,598

any updates @Kabam Vydious ?

Are you still seeing the issue? If you are, can you please send a ticket to our Support team? This'll help us look further into your specific issue as it may be different.