**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Venom or Venom The Duck

Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
Which one is better?

Venom or Venom The Duck 135 votes

6* Venom
62%
RaganatorTendersquadEmil_LimsonTheVyrusDrake2078Lvernon15SiddhantKwatraSamuel030sWoody_federKamikaze_TurtleThatGuyYouSaw235Osfan8GodrohrUnsilentWorknprogressBrokenpseudosaneDrDeadpoolKlerrnoor17 84 votes
6* Venom The Duck (Duped)
37%
DrenlinGigantor13ReeseSmith14Mohit_7TimrosHilldarPseudouberLmaoCats4lifePrathapGreg2291Marvel2289RayhanaprilleogauravtheslayerMaxGamingNotsavage19AdityatheaawesomWebby72DylanphileX_Factor_Agent 51 votes

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    VTD is great. Pretty much a build your own champ
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    6* Venom
    there's no wrong play here ... i'd be happy with either one. so you have a win down both avenues my friend. as far as who is "better" .. that's subjective. it's really up to you and who you feel you'd play more. what i think might not be what you value in a champ .. personally i think Venom is "better" .. but Venom the Duck is stellar.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Check out this (or some other VtD videos) when used correctly VyD is one of best ing game.

https://youtu.be/WnmMg2P23V4
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    6* Venom
    I say VTD.I know I voted for venom but VTD is awakened and 6* rank up should be awaken atleast achampion should make it place on top 4 prestige.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    6* Venom
    VtD is garbage. He's an RNG fiesta that hardly ever gets the buffs you actually need. People complain constantly about RNG in this game but somehow there's still a group of people that think he's actually a good champ
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    6* Venom
    VTD is the MVP in incursion, but Venom has more utilities in different quests.
  • Options
    Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    6* Venom
    I voted venom from a daily questing perspective, but I do have both champs 5* and rank 5. I use vtd for alliance quest and really love him there, but in general for questing I like using multiple champs and not focusing on one character (to ramp up) and venom fits this bill. Also with his no spider verse evade utility and ability to regen when nullifying he is really sustainable. And the bleed is insane at times very solid champ imo
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Personally, I'd rank neither, but I'm also a bit picky. VtD has good POSSIBLE longevity and offensive potential, but he can be inconsistent. Venom is the end-all to Spiderverse champs, which is a massive boon if, like me, passive evade is your worst enemy. Both of them certainly have value, but I'm not sure I'd rank up either of them at this point in my 6* career unless I was overflowing on catalysts and these were my best options. I have 6* VtD and I'd rather rank my other champs over him, so to speak.
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    We are Ducc
  • Options
    Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    6* Venom

I say VTD.I know I voted for venom but VTD is awakened and 6* rank up should be awaken atleast achampion should make it place on top 4 prestige.

Not necessarily
  • Options
    I mean, unduped Corvus is still better than sig 200 Drax. Just saying.
  • Options
    6* Venom

VtD is garbage. He's an RNG fiesta that hardly ever gets the buffs you actually need. People complain constantly about RNG in this game but somehow there's still a group of people that think he's actually a good champ

A very large group, and not without reason.
    Definitely not a very large group. I don't know a single person that's truly at the end game that uses him regularly except for a few people who like to mess around with him in incursions
  • Options
    ...Seatin uses him, what?
  • Options
    6* Venom
    YoMoves said:

...Seatin uses him, what?

Yeah he was definitely a primary figure in his Act 6 teams.....
  • Options
    solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    I’d say both but duck first. Together they’re creating nice synergy team
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    6* Venom
    reliability and much versatile utility puts Venom much higher then venom the duck.(and Vtd has major RNG syndrome which isnt fun at times, procking more n more armor or block prof without need is boring at times)
    - While Venom has
    - armor break,
    - nulify ,
    - Regen
    - 9+ buffs that u can convert to guranteed fury
    - true strike
    - anti evade for spidys on most nodes
    - lots of Debuffs(reducing regen)
    - much higher xhance to bleed then Vtd - -
    - useful synergy for other symbiote (while VTd only benifits him self)
  • Options
    OldAbe101stOldAbe101st Posts: 25
    6* Venom
    YoMoves said:

Venom doesn't have regen or nullify, VtD can bleed bleed immunes and a way to severely damage even high damage-canceling foes, and a much, MUCH better sustainability track than Venom.

But Venom does have regen lol
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★

YoMoves said:

Venom doesn't have regen or nullify, VtD can bleed bleed immunes and a way to severely damage even high damage-canceling foes, and a much, MUCH better sustainability track than Venom.

But Venom does have regen lol
    He does nullify the buff to get the regen so he does, Well he nom noms it. This debate can go forever they are both great for different reasons.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

A very large group, and not without reason.
    Definitely not a very large group. I don't know a single person that's truly at the end game that uses him regularly except for a few people who like to mess around with him in incursions
    brian grant
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    6* Venom
    Vtd is just a complete pain to ramp up, especially in act 6 style content
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    6* Venom
    I can confidently say that I used Venom the Duck 0 times in 100% Act 6 while I used Venom a handful
  • Options
    H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    with the dupe VtD, if you have the will to ramp him up, Brian grant (contest champion) did a hlaf path of labyrinth with VtD alone
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

You clearly aren't too familiar with how to use VtD. Do you have him and have you spent any time practicing with him? RNG plays a minor roll as you do not have to bank any buffs you don't want. If a buff you don't want appears, wait a tiny bit and wait for the next one. Also, it the first fight requires patience after that you can just double up on banked buffs at start of next fight.
  • Options
    6* Venom

You clearly aren't too familiar with how to use VtD. Do you have him and have you spent any time practicing with him? RNG plays a minor roll as you do not have to bank any buffs you don't want. If a buff you don't want appears, wait a tiny bit and wait for the next one. Also, it the first fight requires patience after that you can just double up on banked buffs at start of next fight.
    I have a sig 80 6* and max sig 5*. I'm more than familiar how to use him. I'm sorry if spending 10 minutes each in the first few fights of a quest waiting for the buffs I want to come around isn't remotely fun or worth the effort. I did an incursion run with a buddy of mine that used him recently and he almost timed out the first 3 rooms every fight waiting for a regen that he never ended up getting at all.

He's absolutely horrible and there's absolutely nothing anyone can say that will change my mind about that.