**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Let's talk about passive damage over time and gulk

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dead1Dead1 Posts: 226
    Jaximos said:

Gulk counters Omega Red's spores but not Void's debuffs.....that always annoyed me.

Void inflict debuffs, not passive.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

They don't work with Gulk because they are excluded by Kabam who is the game developer and ultimate authority on these things.

Now the argument could be: Should Gulk be included to counter bane and other degen nodes as a buff to him?

In my opinion, that will make him an absolute must-have which is bad for the game to have 1 absolute must-have champion.

It’s bad for the game to have 1 absolute must-have champion? Sorry but Quake strongly disagrees.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    For anyone curious as to why.

Hey there, I found the answer to your question. This Degeneration from the node is not counted as a passive or active effect, and so wouldn't be altered by any abilities that interact with those types of effects. It can encourage some more aggressive play in a fight [snip]

• Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    13_RFL said:

qartweli said:

Omega's Aura
    Mephistos Aura
    Magik's Limbo
    Nick Fury's deep Bleed
    Domino's Crit failure
    Mojo's Degen
    Terrax's Aura
    Elsa's degen

+ Starburst node

maybe i have missed something

how can u still complain?

Because his description states “passive damage over time debuff” and map 6 degen is passive but face me doesn’t work. I’m not really complaining as much as asking why it doesn’t work?
    Agreed, I need an explanation why GHulk face me wont activate in this damage over time effect.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★

For anyone curious as to why.

Hey there, I found the answer to your question. This Degeneration from the node is not counted as a passive or active effect, and so wouldn't be altered by any abilities that interact with those types of effects. It can encourage some more aggressive play in a fight [snip]

I don't understand how something can be neither passive or active. What would that even make it? Its not a hard path, I run it linked with biohazard every AQ but it would still be nice to see a change made to it.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    kabam logic: "its not passive enough. You see, its passive agressive."
  • Options
    CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    You gotta understand that they do whatever they feel like. Realistically if they wanted to be honest, the description for his ability would say it works sometimes. Then an emoji of a person shrugging next to it. It’s how they program the game. They make things work sometimes and not other times and expect you to buy units to pay for revives and potions to get around it. This is the mobile gaming industry that needs to regulated better so it’s not the Wild West it currently is.