TBH

12346»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,066 ★★★★★

Imagine arguing for two days about something that has already been decided and implemented...

What doesn't make sense to me is people want Resources back for a Map that wasn't free when they donated.
    Yes we want resources back because before the map wasn't free and now it is so those resources are going to waste.
    You didn't donate them when the Map was free.
  • whatthewhat71whatthewhat71 Posts: 40

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

YoMoves said:

Yeah, and making map 5 free is unfair to the people who played map 5 and donated, while those who did beneath that never once had to when they move up/do map 5 now that it's free.

Life's always unfair, so why would a resource refund be any worse?

I'll turn it back around.

Life's always unfair, so why would a free Map 5 be any worse?

I agree that the Ticket system is flawed.

I agree that some Map 5 players/alliances are screwed.

There is no win-win situation here. Kabam...well, they've made choices.

If you give people back their resources, the people who don't donate get screwed.

If you don't give people back their resources, Map 5 players get screwed.

You see? There's just no solution. Either one side wins, and the other loses, or vice versa.
    People didn't throw their resources into a dumpster, they donated them to have a specific use. That use was made obsolete with the change to the alliance quest resource structure, so people have a right to be upset that they are not being given an option to get their resources back. What you state as unfair to those who do not donate is a perceived loss, rather than an actual loss. They COULD view it as unfair that others are getting resources back (most would not view it that way I'm sure, because I like to think that many are rational thinkers). But that would not be an actual loss to them. The real loss is that people who had committed their resrouces to a specific use are having those resources essentially deleted.

Whether you believe that is fair is a different story, but I hate this narrative that non-donaters would be losing if resources were returned instead of tickets.
    But they made the choice of donating excess...

That was a mistake.
    No it wasn't a mistake, it was a choice to help out those in their alliance that needed it. Then Kabam decided to remove the treasury to stop an exploit by cheaters. I love that move, but you can only pretend it was a mistake with hindsight vision.

Regardless, you're circling around again to say that it's their fault for donating excess (which isn't true, many do it to help alliance mates). You have yet to respond to my previous rebuttal. The fact is, there is no actual loss to return the resources. The two options are perceived loss vs actual loss, not loss vs loss. The player who did not donate doesn't lose anything by someone else being given back their gold and loyalty. The gold was donated to serve a specific person (to help others run AQ maps), and Kabam took away that ability. There's no actual harm to other players in returning the resources which were donated.
    You're talking about actual loss, but the thing is your resources are lost as soon as they enter the Treasury. That's how it's been.

Although the who person doesn't donate doesn't "lose" anything per say, the person who did donate now gains an advantage.

"The gold was donated to serve a specific person (to help others run AQ maps)". We have tickets now.

"which isn't true, many do it to help alliance mates". Was it not your choice to donate excess?

I just don't want people to get an unfair advantage. You chose to give up your resources.

There's no harm to the non-donating players. I agree. But, it's benefitting the donating players.

IDK if it's my wording, but I'm just trying to say that giving back resources would allow some players to progress faster than the non-donating players. Yes, they could've progressed faster before, when they grinded out those resources. But, they chose to help their alliance instead. I'm not saying that it's a bad decision. I donate to my alliance once in a while too (we're mostly Map 4). I'm just saying that it's a choice. You could've chose to progress with the resources you earned, but instead, you chose to put it in the Treasury, thereby giving up your advantage.
    Anyone else stop caring after they said We mostly run Map 4? LOL
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,007 ★★★★
    OP could always pretend the treasury is still there and your alliance is still paying for map 5. You might run into some cognitive dissonance when you try to donate every week, but aside from that you should be fine.
  • Ebony_NawEbony_Naw Posts: 432 ★★★

Imagine arguing for two days about something that has already been decided and implemented...

What doesn't make sense to me is people want Resources back for a Map that wasn't free when they donated.
    Yes we want resources back because before the map wasn't free and now it is so those resources are going to waste.

Lol you lost me. This can only be described as a pro player move. You never have to donate again if you only run Map 5. And you're going to spin it as though it's not fair to you that they made it free?
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Ok let's say Im a map 5 Ally members since this isn't sinking in I grind about 1 mil gold from arenas and donate it to cover my donations. Kabam decides to remove the treasury and refund in tickets about a day later before they are used. Tickets are only for map 6 and 7 and map 5 Ally's have no use for them. So I just wasted 1 mil gold and your justification is it wasn't donated when it was free.

Ok let's say Im a map 5 Ally members since this isn't sinking in I grind about 1 mil gold from arenas and donate it to cover my donations. Kabam decides to remove the treasury and refund in tickets about a day later before they are used. Tickets are only for map 6 and 7 and map 5 Ally's have no use for them. So I just wasted 1 mil gold and your justification is it wasn't donated when it was free.
    It was donated for Map 5. Which means the donation went towards Map 5. Only you no longer have to pay.

My issue isn't that people donated and then Map 5 was made free. My issue is specifically that they took away resources and then decided how it should be distributed, without leaving that up to the individual consumer. Your argument in the most recent post was "How dare you make Map 5 free, I want my resources back." There's a difference
  • whatthewhat71whatthewhat71 Posts: 40
    I think this is an argument between people that were running Map 5 and above and those that were running Map 4 and below. If you didnt regularly run Map 5 and above you really dont understand the resource issue that people that did are saying. I agree, they should have just returned our resources, especially when you consider you can know chose what resources you use to purchase tickets. They actually took the time to check what all of us donated in the last 5 months so the data and work was already done.

I think this is an argument between people that were running Map 5 and above and those that were running Map 4 and below. If you didnt regularly run Map 5 and above you really dont understand the resource issue that people that did are saying. I agree, they should have just returned our resources, especially when you consider you can know chose what resources you use to purchase tickets. They actually took the time to check what all of us donated in the last 5 months so the data and work was already done.

It's an interesting perspective and perhaps it's true. I'm disappointed some have argued against returning resources based on principles of selfishness because they don't like that others would be returned resources and they would get none.

Where would your million have gone under the old system? To pay for the map that is now eternally comped. You lost only the difference between what you paid and what you owed, and even that only temporarily until lack of donations makes up for it.

If you are in alliance running map 5 with no intention of going to 6 or 7, there is no objective way to say this move has impacted you negatively in the long run.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 1,274 ★★★★

Since map 5 is free you have no argument. A million gold is nothing by the way. Its not worth making a stink about.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    DarthPhal said:

Where would your million have gone under the old system? To pay for the map that is now eternally comped. You lost only the difference between what you paid and what you owed, and even that only temporarily until lack of donations makes up for it.

If you are in alliance running map 5 with no intention of going to 6 or 7, there is no objective way to say this move has impacted you negatively in the long run.
    Besides having no room to complain, the move was pro map 5 and they got the better end of the deal. This argument doesn't make sense outside of map 6. Map 7 was hugely decreased.

Since map 5 is free you have no argument. A million gold is nothing by the way. Its not worth making a stink about.
    Go back and learn some reading comprehension because I clearly explained why the resources themselves should of been redistributed and you and a select few cant seem to figure it out. And I hope Kabam deletes something else after you poured tons of resources in it so I can tell you well you have no argument because I said so.

It was donated for Map 5. Which means the donation went towards Map 5. Only you no longer have to pay.
    What do you keep saying that for Map 5 is free wether or not you donated.

What do you keep saying that for Map 5 is free wether or not you donated.
    It is NOW. It wasn't when you donated.
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 684 ★★★

Nah, that wouldn't be fair to other players.

How. Give back the actual resource that was donated, much more fair than just stealing it
    It gives donating players an advantage over the non-donating players.

Player A has 2,000,000 gold. They donate 1,000,000 to their treasury. They cannot take this gold out now.

Player B has 1,000,000 gold. They don't donate.

Both players have 1,000,000 gold now. They both rank up a champ. Now, they have no gold. They are both at the same standing.

But, now the 1,000,000 gold Player A donated is now given back, which means he now has 1,000,000 gold, while Player B has 0.

That means Player A can rank up another champ, putting them in a better position than Player B.

Normally, this wouldn't happen at all, since once you put in your resources into the Treasury, you can't get them back. Player A now has an unfair advantage.
    It honestly surprises me how stupid people can get, he doesn’t have an “unfair” advantage because he had 2 million gold to begin with, the other person had 1 million gold to begin with, the person could’ve ranked up a second champ but donated, now he’s getting the refund because HE DONATED, how can humanity ever reach this level of stupidity.
    Yes, the player with 2 million gold had the advantage to start with, but he chose to give up that advantage. He can't get the refund because THAT'S NOT HOW THE TREASURY WORKS.

Honestly, y'all, it's not that hard to get.
    So, let me get this straight, the person with 2m gold donated to the treasury which got taken away, that would be a waste and unfair since we got no warning, it’s like donating half of your saving to a charity just for it to burn down hours later.
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 684 ★★★

I'll stop right there.

Kabam made the decision. There's no point for me to argue endlessly. They saw it as fair, others didn't. Whatever.

I'll see you guys around!

Hugs and kisses. : )))))

Xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxooxoxxooxxxxxxxx
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 343 ★★★

Nah, that wouldn't be fair to other players.

How. Give back the actual resource that was donated, much more fair than just stealing it
    It gives donating players an advantage over the non-donating players.

Player A has 2,000,000 gold. They donate 1,000,000 to their treasury. They cannot take this gold out now.

Player B has 1,000,000 gold. They don't donate.

Both players have 1,000,000 gold now. They both rank up a champ. Now, they have no gold. They are both at the same standing.

But, now the 1,000,000 gold Player A donated is now given back, which means he now has 1,000,000 gold, while Player B has 0.

That means Player A can rank up another champ, putting them in a better position than Player B.

Normally, this wouldn't happen at all, since once you put in your resources into the Treasury, you can't get them back. Player A now has an unfair advantage.
    It honestly surprises me how stupid people can get, he doesn’t have an “unfair” advantage because he had 2 million gold to begin with, the other person had 1 million gold to begin with, the person could’ve ranked up a second champ but donated, now he’s getting the refund because HE DONATED, how can humanity ever reach this level of stupidity.
    Yes, the player with 2 million gold had the advantage to start with, but he chose to give up that advantage. He can't get the refund because THAT'S NOT HOW THE TREASURY WORKS.

Honestly, y'all, it's not that hard to get.
    So, let me get this straight, the person with 2m gold donated to the treasury which got taken away, that would be a waste and unfair since we got no warning, it’s like donating half of your saving to a charity just for it to burn down hours later.
    Yes, alliance treasury and Charity are exactly the same thing /s.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 159
    Deception.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 180

Anyone who disagrees, I would love to hear your opinion.

Personally I believe you should be given the option of your resources back or ticket compensation. That way no one would have a gripe ab it and there wouldn’t be such an uproar ab this topic in the community. Especially from the alliances that run map 5 in 3 BGs everyday AQ is active... tickets are WORTHLESS to them. Yeah going forward it’s free but the ALLIANCE TREASURY isn’t kabams resources, it’s resources INDIVIDUALS invested into something. The individuals should have the option of the “NEW currency” or refund of the INVESTED currency that just went POOF into thin air
    Imagine you just paid your quarterly tax bill. You get a call from your accountant, announcing that he has an incredible choice for you:

1. You can get a refund on the tax you just paid.

OR

2. You can call that your last tax payment and consider yourself exempt going forward.

Apparently a lot of map 5 players would choose 1.

🤷‍♂️
    DarthPhal said:

Imagine you just paid your quarterly tax bill. You get a call from your accountant, announcing that he has an incredible choice for you:

1. You can get a refund on the tax you just paid.

OR

2. You can call that your last tax payment and consider yourself exempt going forward.

Apparently a lot of map 5 players would choose 1.

🤷‍♂️

Tbh, that's a really good analogy. My issue has always been how they handled the refund of the treasury, because I disagree with their logic behind only refunding in the form of tickets. I was surprised to see that some people were demanding a refund because Map 5 was made free. Seems short sighted, as this analogy points out.