**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

WAR - A BROKEN MATCHMAKING SYSTEM

XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
So according to Kabam, the war matchmaker is supposed to find you an alliance to go up against, who has a relatively similar war rating, However I logged in ytd evening to find us facing an alliance with 179 more war rating then our alliance! Like how does this happen!? The system is given 4 hours to find someone as similar as possible to us and this is the best it can do!?

This is the first time 70%+ of my guys are running this new map layout (we went up a tier) and this is what we get? Matchmaking like this is what gonna cost us this war, and our season placement, I’m not impressed, with your broken system!

Comments

• YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I mean....to be honest, at your level that's not really that huge of a jump. War rating scales into the upper 3000s now-1347 won't be as big a disadvantage against a 1526 as you might think it is.

Source: Took this war season off and joined a 1400 alliance at the start of the season.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    Plus you stated you jumped up a tier, so it's not as shocking to see you against a higher rated alliance in the higher tier.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    That’s not bad. I expected a 500-700 matchmaking difference. This is definitely do able. Your prestige is probably very similar and that’s why you were paired with them.
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
    My last war, we where paired with a "dead" alliance, only the leader plays, the battlefields were empty, their prestige was around 2k, since most of them were new inactive players, but they are gold3, not even close to our alliance in any kind of level, the only thing matchmaking works is on pairing the war rating or close to it.
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★

That’s not bad. I expected a 500-700 matchmaking difference. This is definitely do able. Your prestige is probably very similar and that’s why you were paired with them.

Exactly. The matchmaking is prestige-based