**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoner Appreciation Calender 2020, my predictions

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
Seeing as next month is July, the month of summoner appreciation I thought I’d make these predictions. Last year the 98 day special calender was recived very well by the community and rightly so, there was a lot on offer including a 5* awakening gem. Below are the items we got in 2019, the days we got them and my predictions as to what we might receive in 2020

General patterns:
Gold, mostly doubled increased because of the problems that we are currently facing in gold and the fact that in the last year more and more gold is needed.

PHCs, increased by 50%, could also be 3*s instead

3*s, increased again by 50%, it could be that these become 4* shards

4*s, like other shards increased by 50%, potentially becoming 5* shards in the new meta?

5* shards, doubled, the last calender gave a full 5* but now a year on I think 2 is more appropriate for nearly 100 days of waiting. These shards could potentially be changed to a smaller number of 6* shards.

Catalysts (class+basic), for the lower form of catalysts (T1/T2) I think these could be replaced by other rewards like more gold or even ISO. For T3s I increased the total yield as to give 25 catalysts as opposed to 5 from 2019. This seems like a lot but it means that people could have access to more 4* rank ups if they so wished. For T4B I doubled the yield, for T4CC I changed crystals into selectors. It is also possible that lower catalysts are replaced by higher catalysts and we could see a small amount (up to 20%) of T5CC crystals

6* shards, increased from 700 to 1500, could easily become 2/3k

Ascendant crystals, idk if anyone really cares about these but I doubled the amount, seems fitting, could be replaced by gold/alpha catalyst fragments

Catalysts (T1/2A) there was only 1 payment of T1A 2019 calender but I think it shoukd be increased to 5, the amount needed to R2/3 a 5*. T2A was doubled to 4, the amount needed to R4 a 5*.

Sig stones, mostly changed to higher rarities or amounts increased

Boosts, not much change, just some minor potency changes

AGs (3/4) the 3* was changed to a 4* and the 4* was potentially doubled. Although in this meta we’ve seen 2 5* AGs over 2 months so I think it could also be a potential 5* AG crystal.

5* AG crystal, this was changed into a generic or a nexus crystal, it could also be a selector. With all the current complaints about high tier rewards being too RNG based I think that kabam could change this gem into a generic or remove the RNG aspect entirely. I don’t think that would be unreasonable at all. I do however think that we WONT able seeing any form of 6* AG in this event. So far they are obtainable from AOL, Act 6 or the AOL legends runs only. Unless they suddenly become more accessible in the days leading up to that I don’t think that we’ll receive anything 6* related.

Remember this is purely speculation and not confirmed by anything or anyone at kabam. We could get exactly this calender or we might not receive a calender at all I have no idea. I do hope that kabam do another calender though, it was a great way of showing us their appreciation last year.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    nope. there isn't going to be anything
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I’m with @Heheheh7777 , it would be great to have again, but not counting on it. We didn’t get the road to 1mil last year, it’s not always a repeating event.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The 3 month calendar was because of all the issues the game had. It was one of the worst years in terms of actual functional issues and overheating and maintenance.

This year, while disappointing for some, hasn't had NEARLY the same technical difficulties.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    They haven't even announced anything, did they?
    If it's just speculation then you shouldn't be posting that. That "event" isn't something that will necessarily happen at some point
  • Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125
    In my experience, June has been the month in which Summoner Appreciation events, if there are any, are held. In past years, there have been a least two occasions in which Gold Boosts and the like ran during the month of June. Even last year, the 90 day calendar technically started on the last day of June.
    That said, the only reliable month for Summoner Appreciation events is December, though if the past is an indicator, the summer months are the best bet for Summoner Appreciation events happening outside of December, so we shall see.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Here's my assumption
    I played the game for about 6-7 months in 2018 and we got no summoner appreciation calendar (or not a very good one - don't have any memory of that - surely not as good as 2019)
    I didn't play in 2019 and y'all got that 98 day fairy tale
    I'm playing in 2020 sooooo...
    I'm the villain :)
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

They haven't even announced anything, did they?
    If it's just speculation then you shouldn't be posting that. That "event" isn't something that will necessarily happen at some point

Is there a forums rule about no predictions?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    My prediction: No Calendar
  • They haven't even announced anything, did they?

What's so wrong with some pleasant speculative optimism? If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Personally I'd prefer the speculative optimism over jaded pessimism anyday of the week. The OP even stated it was pure speculation. Maybe some inspiration will be gained from this on Kabam's side. Maybe they already have it planned. Maybe not. Either way, seeing someone being optimistic these days is a breath of fresh air in landscape that seemingly more often than not gets swarmed by pessimism.

On that note, the layout of the Calendar predictions was wonderfully presented @TP33 . Whether it comes to pass or not is remained to be seen, but I appreciate the work you put into that one! If it does in fact come to pass, I would love to see how close you were. So thanks for posting this! It's quite optimistic and perhaps won't be as much as you've suggested. However, it would be quite impressive if it's more than you've laid out. I guess only time will tell eh? Keep hope alive!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Even if they have this, which I doubt, I don't think they'll increase the rewards
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Didn’t they do the 100 day calendar for their 5 year anniversary? This is year 6. You don’t get much for year six.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Didn’t they do the 100 day calendar for their 5 year anniversary? This is year 6. You don’t get much for year six.

90 days last year.
  • jp2835jp2835 Posts: 147
    Quite right , All summoners really need some appreciation after enduring so many lame quests from last 2 weeks and probably whole month i think
    Hope they do modify rewqrds fro! Store and quest difficulty soon before another wave of boycott kicks in !!
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    90 days is to long plus some of those items were more useful for those who are conqueror and proven.Cavilier players deserve a different calendar,a month would be better.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★

Etm34 said:

90 days last year.
    98 days actually.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

My prediction: No Calendar

Beat me to it again! Curses!
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I would prefer a 30 day calender that is based off progression