**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

To get the thread back on track I will state the things I think need serious upgrades for the road map.

1) AQ timers- extend the energy to 8 or implement 30 minute timers. Also starting us with 5 energy would help as well
    2) Champion acquisition - the basic needs to be a Nexus crystal for 5 and 6 stars. Just way too many champs at this point to make sense.
    3) Remove mastery costs
    4) Upgrade all solo event rewards and alliance events, solo crystals, quest crystals, summoner advancement etc.
    5) 5 star basic arena, 6 star featured arena with at least 400 spots.

6* arena 100% only helps the whales. Do you really think anyone else is going to be able to keep up with scores from rosters with going on 100 6*s and 160 5*s? For any champ that's actually worth getting, even people that have them already will go for it just for the dupe/sig levels.
    I'm fully capable of doing the 6 star arena and placing 150 and I'm not a whale. Also I added that their should be a top 400 minimum, are there 400 legitimate whales in the game I'm not sure? Sometimes people throw around the whale word when you don't have people in your alliance who are top 100 hero rating players. I do and I'm aware of how much people spend to actually maintain that spot.
  • Options
    SWGOH_MosDefSWGOH_MosDef Posts: 145
    I think if they did introduce a 6star arena they should consider making it so you can only earn the champ not the dupe, and that folks in the top ranks who already have the champ don't count towards the top X number of spots... right now you have folks in the end game that are hitting 5star feature arena hard every time even for champs they already have maxed just to try to block others from acquiring them, and that's not right or fun. I know this would suck in that you couldn't get an awakening through the arena but it would help prevent the top end from pulling further away from the rest of the player base, while still giving folks a way to push for and attain desired champs. Think they should consider doing something similar to the 5star feature as well, would help reduce cutoffs (and burnout) while giving more players a hope of being able to work for a champ they really want.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I think if they did introduce a 6star arena they should consider making it so you can only earn the champ not the dupe, and that folks in the top ranks who already have the champ don't count towards the top X number of spots... right now you have folks in the end game that are hitting 5star feature arena hard every time even for champs they already have maxed just to try to block others from acquiring them, and that's not right or fun. I know this would suck in that you couldn't get an awakening through the arena but it would help prevent the top end from pulling further away from the rest of the player base, while still giving folks a way to push for and attain desired champs. Think they should consider doing something similar to the 5star feature as well, would help reduce cutoffs (and burnout) while giving more players a hope of being able to work for a champ they really want.

All it would do is stop spenders that already have massive rosters spending to get a new 6* as they wouldn't be able to dupe them in the arena anyway. Just run the arena for free or a minimal amount of units in refreshes and scrap dealing with cav RNG all together.

Let's just scrap the arenas all together and give everyone that can't hit top scores the champ to make them all feel better.... come on man.
  • Options

To get the thread back on track I will state the things I think need serious upgrades for the road map.

1) AQ timers- extend the energy to 8 or implement 30 minute timers. Also starting us with 5 energy would help as well
    2) Champion acquisition - the basic needs to be a Nexus crystal for 5 and 6 stars. Just way too many champs at this point to make sense.
    3) Remove mastery costs
    4) Upgrade all solo event rewards and alliance events, solo crystals, quest crystals, summoner advancement etc.
    5) 5 star basic arena, 6 star featured arena with at least 400 spots.

6* arena 100% only helps the whales. Do you really think anyone else is going to be able to keep up with scores from rosters with going on 100 6*s and 160 5*s? For any champ that's actually worth getting, even people that have them already will go for it just for the dupe/sig levels.
    I'm fully capable of doing the 6 star arena and placing 150 and I'm not a whale. Also I added that their should be a top 400 minimum, are there 400 legitimate whales in the game I'm not sure? Sometimes people throw around the whale word when you don't have people in your alliance who are top 100 hero rating players. I do and I'm aware of how much people spend to actually maintain that spot.
    You realize I have more 6*s than the vast majority of the top 100 right? I have less lower ranked champs. Also have people in the top 100 where I am now. I know exactly what spending it takes, I was in Asgrd when they were #1 in AQ.

And no you wouldn't hit top 150 once the people that have rosters like that actually hopped into the arena unless the champ wasn't worth getting. There's also zero chance they would start a 6* arena at top 400.
    First of all I was saying that 6 stars arena wouldn't just be for whales(also that wouldn't scare me even if it was). And secondly you don't get to determine if I can't be top 400 or not. The gap between you and me isn't so wide that I cannot compete. I've done the same amount of content as you outside of fully exploring the Abyss which is my choice because I want to wait on the July deal before I complete it. Being anti progression in a video game is weird. You hold way too much value on a roster than can be bought for less than a couple grand. It seems to me you're more worried about players closing the gap on you which is the message that slaps me in the face every time you respond.
  • Options
    DragonBloodÆDragonBloodÆ Posts: 28
    edited June 2020
    @Worknprogress
    Leave the 6* out of this
    Make 5* basic arena that can reword you with champion if you score 15mil.
    Or
    Make ranked rewords for this arena 1-20% to get the five star.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    300 cavs. Lol that’s like 4 times what I have spent on this game in 4 years.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Make the basic 6* arena once a month for 3 days. No unit refreshes are allowed. That would encourage the ranking up and leveling up of otherwise unused champions since you have to use your whole 5 and 6* roster to get the most points. It would also eliminate the influence of money on champion acquisition in the arena.

Maybe old-Dungeon-esque class restrictions? Or maybe some classes get a daily bonus to their arena scores?
  • Options
    Arena is the least of my concerns personally. I'm a milestone arena guy just to maintain my account. I just know that a lot of people are deflated putting in all that effort over 3 days and not getting the champ they want. The 5 star basic arena would spread out scores and naturally make arena scores much lower because their willbe two relevant arenas for Cavalier players.
  • Options

We don't need to accelerate the acquisition of champions, we just need to alter it. This needs to be done either by adding in class crystals or making basic crystals nexus crystals. This won't accelerate the acquisition--if they go the class crystal route than it will actually slow it since the class crystals should be around 15K shards--but will alleviate the cruelty of the RNG.

Which I haven't argued against and even supported multiple times in this and plenty of other threads. That's not what a lot of people are asking for though. They're asking for new arenas, and more shards, more crystals, removing RNG all together in some ridiculous instances, etc...

• Options
    Can anyone explain why champ refreshes are a thing? I get that Kabam gets more money, but they really don't do anything but set the F2P and P2P farther apart from each other.
  • Options

WnP it’s scary to think Kabam might see a lot of this non sense as valid but if Kabam are so far off the rails to take it as valid then arguing against it won’t change a thing. Let the exemplifications of Dunning-Kruger have at it, you can’t argue with someone who is incapable of and will not entertain the idea that they are wrong.

I have faith that they won't kill off their own game but man it's just hard to sit back and read such an overwhelming percentage of ideas that are just flat out bad long term. The same people claim that I don't want people getting things bc they'll "catch up" and I'm selfish but in fact it's them who are selfish bc they'd rather speed up progression bc they don't like where they are currently. I'm perfectly fine where I am and that doesn't get affected at all by where anyone else is.
  • Options

Can anyone explain why champ refreshes are a thing? I get that Kabam gets more money, but they really don't do anything but set the F2P and P2P farther apart from each other.

That’s mostly the monetization of the arenas but it also allows for people who don’t have the time of rosters to compete against those that do.
    Oh ok, thank you! So if champ refreshes were removed would benefit or hurt the F2P overall? Because it seems like it would definitely hurt the P2P. It's just a weird question that popped into my head.
  • Options

That’s mostly the monetization of the arenas but it also allows for people who don’t have the time of rosters to compete against those that do.
    Oh ok, thank you! So if champ refreshes were removed would benefit or hurt the F2P overall? Because it seems like it would definitely hurt the P2P. It's just a weird question that popped into my head.
    I think it would hurt f2p more honestly. Heavy spenders have larger rosters so if you remove refreshes there is zero possibility for someone f2p to even try to compete based on sheer numbers. If my roster theoretically can get 12 million per round of champs and yours gets 8, unless I just skip rounds there's no possible way for you to score higher than me
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I think it would very much hurt f2p and benefit p2p, f2p would not be capable of competing with players who have robust rosters. Right now f2p can save units and boosts to give them a fighting chance against players who have very strong arena rosters.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

Well, it's less about money perse, and more about natural limitations in my mind. People play within their own natural limitations. Plus it encourages people to take breaks. If there were no refreshes, the word asphyxia comes to mind.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

We don't need to accelerate the acquisition of champions, we just need to alter it. This needs to be done either by adding in class crystals or making basic crystals nexus crystals. This won't accelerate the acquisition--if they go the class crystal route than it will actually slow it since the class crystals should be around 15K shards--but will alleviate the cruelty of the RNG.

Which I haven't argued against and even supported multiple times in this and plenty of other threads. That's not what a lot of people are asking for though. They're asking for new arenas, and more shards, more crystals, removing RNG all together in some ridiculous instances, etc...

I know, I'm just giving my ideas again. Though, we do need a five star basic arena.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I know, I'm just giving my ideas again. Though, we do need a five star basic arena.
    I am not sure how a 5 star basic arena is going to help with champion acquisition. Aegon entered into featured after almost 2 yrs and he went for 78 mill or above. If any desirable champ enters that arena, you really think it will be like 4 star basic? I am not so sure in that.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

WnP it’s scary to think Kabam might see a lot of this non sense as valid but if Kabam are so far off the rails to take it as valid then arguing against it won’t change a thing. Let the exemplifications of Dunning-Kruger have at it, you can’t argue with someone who is incapable of and will not entertain the idea that they are wrong.

I have faith that they won't kill off their own game but man it's just hard to sit back and read such an overwhelming percentage of ideas that are just flat out bad long term. The same people claim that I don't want people getting things bc they'll "catch up" and I'm selfish but in fact it's them who are selfish bc they'd rather speed up progression bc they don't like where they are currently. I'm perfectly fine where I am and that doesn't get affected at all by where anyone else is.
    But what you are doing is advocating for a status quo where nothing changes. You don't care if act 6 is changed, but you actively argue against reducing difficulty. When you argue like that, people have no option other than to believe that you don't want others to complete.
    Bad ideas are a result of people not understanding the mechanics of game economy and I know its frustrating to work with that sometimes. I don't comment on the idiotic ideas most of the time. People asking for champ exchange or wanting an increase in Uncollected rewards don't realize that champ exchange will just make ftp at a disadvantage and increase in rewards of UC eq will just increase the difficulty and more 5 star and 6 star acquisition will only increase the power creep to a extend that will just people to quit out of frustration.
    I'm not saying that nothing should change at all though. I'm still not even against a difficulty reduction. I however am unsure it's necessary. Players moving through content in months that took other players years is one of the reasons they find act 6 so difficult in my opinion. Granted a lot of that is no fault of theirs as they can't control they got one or two amazing 5*s and steam rolled everything.

The problem is expecting that same rate of progress continually though. They attempted to slow people down by requiring large rosters for Act 6. Did they go too far in some instances? Probably but I still understand the idea behind it. The other major problem with that is they made zero changes to the ability of players to even attain champs that will fit into the content restrictions so you can potentially have someone sitting in one spot with no real way in sight to move forward. No one should want that either. If they increased the chances of players getting those champs as 5*s, they at least still have to get and rank them to continue which gives them at least a slightly more natural progression rate while not being completely road blocked. I also think that reduces the necessity of altering the difficulty. If that happens fine. I still don't really think it's NEEDED.

I've been very much pro that happening. Where people seem to have an issue with my opinions starts at the 6*s. They're not required for anything yet so I'm not completely sold on there needing to be a drastic alteration to getting them.