**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss Rewards Update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Does the new Abyss Crystal Selector/ Abyss Nexus Crystal entice you to 100% the Abyss?

Nope, not even close to being tempted.
  • Options
    Cage_1 said:

I dont get it why some ppl are whyning about new rewards and want some compensation again 😓😓 its like when u buy a TV and 4 weeks later same TV is on sale 50% off! The store not gonna call u back and say here u go take ur money back! Too bad for u! Some ppl will get it at 50% off. U lose some u win some. U can have free stuf every time! Grow up geez! 😓😓

maybe you got to put on some reading glasses. Nobody wants compensation here.
    None of this is "free" stuff.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

Cage_1 said:

I dont get it why some ppl are whyning about new rewards and want some compensation again 😓😓 its like when u buy a TV and 4 weeks later same TV is on sale 50% off! The store not gonna call u back and say here u go take ur money back! Too bad for u! Some ppl will get it at 50% off. U lose some u win some. U can have free stuf every time! Grow up geez! 😓😓

That’s not even close to an accurate comparison of what is happening. It’s more like someone paid 700 dollars for a tv when it first came out and got a year worth of cable for free and now everyone else that buys that tv for 700 dollars only gets the tv
    That happens all the time. Companies have promotions and limited-time offers.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Cage_1 said:

That’s not even close to an accurate comparison of what is happening. It’s more like someone paid 700 dollars for a tv when it first came out and got a year worth of cable for free and now everyone else that buys that tv for 700 dollars only gets the tv
    Which happens all the time. New phones come out and a certain number of people get the phone plus something extra and when the extra runs out, anyone else just gets a phone.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I actually wanted to send a long message regarding how this actually encourages players to spend more units to complete content on the first day rather than wait for the right champions and then decided it was a waste of time anyway. It will take months or years(If the game is still interesting) for me to start AOL. It is unfair that people who completed first get more rewards, but it always seems to be that way. Let's hope they take a second look at the shards and selector issue. But, I am not sure they will.
  • Options

Cage_1 said:

Except this wasn’t supposed to be a limited time offer and it wasn’t advertised as such. Are you really so blindly loyal to Kabam that you just spew out whatever shortsighted nonsense that you can think of in their defense?
    They weren't "supposed" to increase the Rewards either, but they are. Are you telling me an extra 6* is going to set everyone else that far back, or is it just something that other people won't get? Those that have done it that quickly 100% obviously put the effort in.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Cage_1 said:

Which happens all the time. New phones come out and a certain number of people get the phone plus something extra and when the extra runs out, anyone else just gets a phone.
    Again, that’s not what Abyss was meant to be and it was never advertised like that. There’s a big difference between knowingly purchasing something early to get a benefit than saving up to do something at a later date because you’re expecting not to get screwed.
    Things change, it happens. Do I 100% like how they did this? Of course not but end of the day it's a large positive for players.

If and when Act 6 gets changed, should everyone who finishes Act 6 Lite get way less rewards than those that already finished it? No one is going to be okay with that. Are those of us that finished it 1st going to get a massive stack of units or anything else worthwhile bc we beat the hard version? Of course not and I don't care one bit about it either.

It sucks to hear it and deal with it at times but sometimes life just isn't fair. Do I hope at a minimum they figure a way for people to open their t5c 1st before choosing a class? Absolutely. Even if they don't people still get to target a champ they want to invest in and will eventually be able to R3. It's a huge win.
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Either take away 15k shards from people who finished it or leave them in for future 100%....only fair way to do this
  • Options

Cage_1 said:

Except this wasn’t supposed to be a limited time offer and it wasn’t advertised as such. Are you really so blindly loyal to Kabam that you just spew out whatever shortsighted nonsense that you can think of in their defense?
    They weren't "supposed" to increase the Rewards either, but they are. Are you telling me an extra 6* is going to set everyone else that far back, or is it just something that other people won't get? Those that have done it that quickly 100% obviously put the effort in.
    Depending on the six star, it can easily, but you’re naive if you think that’s the issue we have. The issue is that Kabam keeps on making decisions that hurt the players, especially the free to play and light spenders, all while catering heavily to the whales. Is there any real reason to take away the 15k shards? No, there isn’t.
    Hurt the Players? Disagree on that one.
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    neb said:

Haji_Saab said:

Sooo people who have already 100% gets extra 15k 6* shards ...

Why? this was never announced that if you do Abyss early you will get extra rewards

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.
    Following this logic why do people that have abyss already 100% get the added reward?
    Kabam logic