**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Our Last AW is Problem (Maybe This Happen to Your Ally and You Unaware)

SkyfallNowSkyfallNow Posts: 110
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
Hello everyone, today i want to share something about AW which happen to our ally.

Disclaimer: I know every complaint in forum will not fix our reward and situation. I just want to give information. Please dont delete this.

1. AW Point
As we know when we win our lose AW our AW point will decrease or increase. But have you ever check the calculation?

Our AW point decrease by 9. After i report (3 days ago), finally our point is back. They fix the point
[Image removed by Moderator]

2. AW Tier & Matchmaking
AW Tier is really important because it will calculate how much your score is multiply by. Tier 4 is multiply by 4.5; tier 3 is multiply by 6.
Our last AW match, we face AW rating 2812 ally which is Tier 3. Every node in that AW are Tier 3. Example node:

And so we think after we win tier 3 war, we will get x6 point.

What happen after AW finish today is our score is only multiply by 4.5.

And this is explanation from game:
[Images removed by Moderator]

I search this explanation in forum and i cant found related to this problem.
All members are upset, we think we could hit Platinum 3. But this already happen. I just think our last AW is problem.

Sorry for long information. Thank you for your attention. I hope this information will make us more aware about this concern.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    We were palace 11 in P2 and since we could not reach P1 with 1 war left we said okay safe items and go for the boss only.

We ended on place 48 (3 more and it would have been P3)

We lost way more places that what should have happend.
    It doesnt matter for us (we are still P2) but if others have the problem and drop in rewards that would be sad.
  • Options
    Serious_786Serious_786 Posts: 99 ★★
    This happened with us too... I didn't complained cuz I know they will do nothing Maybe they'll say "Sorry for inconvenience" That's all..... Nothing good to expect from kabam nowadays
  • Options
    Thank you for your sharing. You could check our war when still happen. It write Tier 4 multiply 6, and when we click into Season tab, it write Tier 3.

Playing Tier 3 only multiply by 4.5 is the problem. Many chance could happen. Maybe because of our wrong AW rating/point. I know this hurt for us. But when this fix, it will also hurting some ally else which is ally Plat 3 rank 200 become Plat 4 rank 1.
  • Options
    FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    Because of the multiplier issue, we missed higher season rewards by few hundred points.

Ass t4 alliance we fought t3 enemy on t3 nodes. We got t4 multiplier, they got t3 multiplier. How does this makes any sense? Even if we won we would get less points than enemy alliance.

And why should we get less points for fighting tier 3 map than other alliances fighting this map? Or even than our opponent?

We should have fought better through season I know. But I just hope that this will be looked into and changed to the way it should be. Anybody with basic logical thinking should see that this isn't exactly well designed.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I swear these issues arise every last war of the season.
  • Options
    FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Sad part is that they get ignored every time.
  • Options
    Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    linux said:

[...]
    What happen after AW finish today is our score is only multiply by 4.5.
    [...]

I search this explanation in forum and i cant found related to this problem.
    All members are upset, we think we could hit Platinum 3. But this already happen. I just think our last AW is problem.

Sorry for long information. Thank you for your attention. I hope this information will make us more aware about this concern.

I think this is by design. I don't know if it's a good design, but it's consistent and if the rules are followed for all allies that consistency makes it fair.

If you are T4, you get the T4 multiplier -- regardless of whether you match a T3 ally or a T5 ally.

If you match an ally in a different AW map bracket, then the server doing matching will randomly choose one version -- so it may be easier or harder than normal for your bracket.

This means the following are possible:

T4 matched with T3 ally, gets T4 multiplier for T3 map
    T4 matched with T3 ally, gets T4 multiplier for T4 map
    T3 matched with T4 ally, gets T3 multiplier for T3 map
    T3 matched with T4 ally, get's T3 multiplier for T4 map

As you can see, if your alliance stays near the border of T3 -- but above the cut-off -- you might get slightly easier matches. OTOH, you might fall into the T4 bracket, you'll get a lower multiplier even if you're matched with a T3 alliance and play on the T3 map.

I don't know if any other reward configuration makes sense -- and if you expect to win and lose similar number of matches (to maintain your alliance war rating), then sometimes this will benefit you and sometimes it will hurt you, and in the long run it will generally average out.
    I have heard this explanation and took it on the face before...but so far it has happened 7 times where the map is higher tier & multiplier is of lower tier.......it is unfair that some one is getting same number of points inspite of playing on an easier map....and can 1 person share me a screenshot wherein they are getting a higher multiplier for lower map....if it really random..someone might have that screenshot right...someone...anyone......it would restore my faith in this explanation from Kabam...

7 wars and it didnt happen for us....not 7 consecutive wars...but over a period of last 4 seasons...we have got t4 multiplier t3 map.....the scaling from t4 to t3 on difficulty is substantial but for same number of points unfortunately when you are in that range where you are fluctuating....
  • Options
    Higher multiplier for lower map never happen.
    But lower multiplier for higher map do happen.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Fenico said:

Markjv81 said:

Sad part is that they get ignored every time.
    Bc nothing that wasn't supposed to happen happened
  • Options
    You get the multiplier for whatever tier you're in regardless of your opponent and map.
  • Options
    This is our tier and multiplier yesterday.

• Options
    edited June 2020

You get the multiplier for whatever tier you're in regardless of your opponent and map.

Maybe bug or what i dont know.
    In War room tab: Tier 4 (Multiplier 6)
    In Season tab: Tier 3 (Multiplier 6)
    After war: Tier 4 (Multiplier 4.5)
  • Options

Maybe bug or what i dont know.
    In War room tab: Tier 4 (Multiplier 6)
    In Season tab: Tier 3 (Multiplier 6)
    After war: Tier 4 (Multiplier 4.5)
    Moved up to T3 after that war?
  • Options
    Yes, now move up
  • Options
    edited June 2020

The game 2 times wrong calculate our AW rating. It should be 2.818 (Tier 3 Multiply 6) before last war, but it write 2.798 (even in result it write 2.807). This make us Tier 4 Multiply 4.5

First wrong calculate

Second wrong calculate

Rating at last war

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    It looks like you captured one error, not two. 2759 + 57 = 2816, not 2818.

What could possibly cause the game servers to incorrectly add rating even once, I have no idea.
  • Options
    I could say we need to count our war rating using calculator. The rating +/- from system maybe could wrong. Our ally 2x wrong calculation. Only fix 1 by customer service.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

It looks like you captured one error, not two. 2759 + 57 = 2816, not 2818.

What could possibly cause the game servers to incorrectly add rating even once, I have no idea.

Finally get answer today from customer service which is our AW rating will be fix. But our score, multiplier and reward still havent.