**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• RockandrollinaDRockandrollinaD Posts: 22
    edited September 2017
    Hey again everyone,

I'm really sorry that this change has been as frustrating as it has been. I can definitely understand why there is disagreement on things. Currently, we are looking into the feedback on Defender Diversity points. Once we have more information, we'll get back to you all ASAP.

C'mon guys can you remake AW where the deciding factor it's actually SKILL? Can you reward people that doesn't die on war fighting tough defenders? Can you decrease the amount of points per try fighting one node, mini boss or boss? Can you put back defence points? Can you put back some kind of strategy in this game mode?
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    feel really bad for kabam. I think they had the best intentions really for the wars. its just sad that it didn't seem to have been tested and they missed a big issue with the new points system.

or maybe they just don't care, and only cares about the spenders.
  • MemematonMemematon Posts: 9
    easy solution that does not deploy at war does not play
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Memematon wrote: »

moar e z answer, war at deploy does not, play not does .... play not does

#DeployAtDefenderPointKills
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    Voluntaris wrote: »

wtf you guys smoking and where can i get some
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Hey again everyone,

I'm really sorry that this change has been as frustrating as it has been. I can definitely understand why there is disagreement on things. Currently, we are looking into the feedback on Defender Diversity points. Once we have more information, we'll get back to you all ASAP.

No one likes Defender Diversity, but that isn't the problem. Please read this post carefully.

You don't get points for defensive kills. There are points for offensive kills. There's no incentive to place a defense. You win almost every time if you don't place a defense. That's the problem. That's what we need to fix.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Voluntaris wrote: »

play does not answer the deploy, and solution to play is not war
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Hey again everyone,

I'd make a humble suggestion that the game team reaches out to random players throughout this game. The changes made to war may not have seemed drastic, but the feedback in here and reply from @Kabam Miike is evidence that it was. We have now seen this occur twice in the last six months, first with the 12.0 debacle and now with the 15.0 war update. There needs to be a better system of end user testing. That's what the game team really needs to understand. Honestly there are loyal players that will play the game no matter what, but a system that constantly feels like it is being built against the players will chase away a lot of the spenders and non-spenders alike.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Hey again everyone,

I can definitely understand why there is disagreement on things. Currently, we are looking into the feedback on Defender Diversity points. .

Well, actually you don't...
  • DexDex Posts: 6
    In my opinion war needs to be completely changed from what it is now.

Just a couple of tweeks will not be sufficient.

The whole set-up is rubbish. I dont think that i can honestly say there is one area of AW that has been improved in this new AW system.
    Every aspect of AW is significantly worse then it was in the old system.

Even down to the fact that you can see which character the defending champion is and how strong they are.
    War is suppose to be about skill, strength and intellect. its suppose to be challenging but its also suppose to be fair. The better team should be able to win through these elements.

Mainly War is suppose to be fun f or the people playing it, if it is not fun then what is the point?

Nobody wants to play if it isn't fun hey
  • RvzRvz Posts: 179 ★★
    I dont understand why you made things so complicated. When i saw defender diversity the first thing that hit me was, "ok, it seems kabam finally noticed there is an issue in AW with only mystic champs on def, with some hyperion, NC and spidey here and there".

Now, instead of taking the old map, tweaking some nodes and then proceed to solve the main issue you just revamped everything and added portals. I dont know what the solution would be exactly. Some things that pop up right away is: fix the other class masteries so they are not useless, fix so dexterity doesnt keep refreshing itself, add more champs, masteries and solutions for players to be able to counter MD. No need to nerf anything, just give MORE options.

When i see the new map, i cant help to think it was more to keep players trying to go for 100% each war instead of giving up, and spending more on boosts/pots. Before, if you came up against a much stronger alliance, people gave up and didnt push the map and in return the winning alliance didnt feel like they really needed to push either. You took out the skill part out of AWs, its just like another boring AQ now..
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    There needs to be different maps, like AQ. The new massive map is tiresome.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    We are playing a war now with full defense on both teams, evenly matched, and it is actually fun. There is a little bit of diversity, but it's still mostly the same, all magiks, Dormammu, and Spidey minibosses, with a couple of hyperions and a king Groot thrown in. With both teams placing a full defense it is a good challenge. It will probably end as whoever gets there most exploration and boss kills, regardless of items. That's not bad but there should be some qualifier for skill. More defender kills should have some bearing, especially in the event of a tie.

As far as the zero defense or limit the attacker kill strategy, there are so many ways to deal with this. The latest one I've thought up is to give 20% per defender placed for attack kills. Place 0 defenders, get 0 attack points. Place 5 defenders get the full amount. This would even things up and discourage placing fewer defenders in an effort to make it a guaranteed win.
  • I am pretty sure this has all been said but

1. RDT so we can adjust rosters 1 5star, 3 4 star, 2 3star
    2. Penalize players not placing.
    3. Add back attacker kills to some extent.
    4. Upgrade rewards for a win

In all i think you guys did a good job of trying to diversify the game and making war more revelant to everyone.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Hey again everyone,

There is nothing to disagree with. You're system was garbage and everyone who read the notes knew it AND pointed it out to you.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    Instead of just bashing it. Some things that I liked and disliked and things that could be changed for better.
    Things I liked: skirmish rewards awesome idea. I'd like to see it rewarding gold for normal aw fights. And for mini boss and boss the gold should be a lot higher. You nailed this. Different nodes now I like it but kind of bad timing and management.

Things I didn't like: wasted energy. Traveling certain lines takes a while and we're not all on at the same times. The fights don't seem to be better or worse just the same. Imo it's easier since everyone is trying to capitalize on diversity. Which takes away having challenging fights.when people are placing iron mans and Karnak etc. the rewards not being higher.this was a bummer.

Things that could be re worked and made better. Keep the old map or make a new one similar to it. Less cluster and less uninvolved movement. Update rewards!! This should have been day 1. No reason to update just the map and not the rewards. I'm talking about more 4* shards 5* shards and maybe throw in some sig stones a awakening gem 4*. Stuff that's useful. Don't just make unproductive nodes.. make it a challenge who cares about losing wars. You want to promote spending and challenging content wars should be hard your fighting against there best defenders. Not some push over kamala kahns for diversity. this is how you do it. Don't make it collector hard but make it unique with nodes. This is what we want different things not just a half arsed attempt at doing whatever you tried. clearly your methods fail terribly listen to your community and actually start polls and get feed back etc. just some thoughts
  • We just had an attacker bypass a node on a path and keep going. There are more hidden glitches and flaws in this AW than you even know right now. Please KABAM, don't be too proud to admit this new AW is a total fiasco and was not properly tested. A scoing fix is not enough!

Please revert back to the old map until you can fix the underlying problems, the whole new system is not disliked because it is new. it's not fun, it's full of bugs, and a total joke right now.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    Based on Vydious' post, they're only looking at Defender Diversity points!? Wow... just wow.
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    Here is the issue I see with Diversity...

We have spent 2 to 3 years Ranking Up Champs STRICTLY for War Defense. Used money, resources, time. And because most of us have the SAME War Defenders, Kabam has made ALL OUR EFFORTS WORTHLESS. Because DUPLICATE CHAMPS IS NOW A BAD THING.

How did we NOT see this coming?!? Or was it intentional?? I mean, I get the diversity thing. I understand the concept. BUT LOOK AT THE RAMIFICATIONS. Our ENTIRE Alliance is sitting on 90% of the SAME EXACT WAR DEFENDERS. And it wasn't because we didnt want to be diverse. Its what was necessary to WIN. And now, we are being punished for decisions basically forced upon us.

So what now?? We are still stuck with these same Undiverse Champs for AW War defense. Its a slap in the face enough they've been rendered useless, but even bigger that there is NO PLAN IN PLACE TO FIX IT.

Maybe it is time to bring back the Rank Down Tickets. This is EVERY BIT as BIG of a change in plans as when Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange were nerfed. IT'S THE SAME THING. It's just more wide reaching now. You have essentially NERFED EVERY DUPLICATE WAR DEFENDER WE HAVE....

Which is a LOT!!
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    agreed @HQ101 if they just changed the nodes to different ones new maybe unique or something different upped rewards everyone would have no problem with wars because it would be worth item usage to get better rewards. That's how you promote aw. Node diversity better rewards which makes all alliances want to push for more shards etc. problem solved. I'll even say it again for kabam to understand node diversity and better rewards.
  • THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    If they added back defender kills it would make war much better. They wanted to make specific changes to shake up war, but should not have left out defender kills.

Defender kills is rewarding you for good placement on defense. But diversity will prevent you from running into 3-4 Mordo's, spidey, NC, dorms, etc in a row like before.
This discussion has been closed.