**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance war season 19 discussion

KnationKnation Posts: 529 ★★★
I didn’t see this addressed in the announcement but please look at individual war rewards they feel very underwhelming at the moment especially war victory crystals

Comments

• Options
    CharChar Posts: 35
    I’m also worried considering we won’t receive details about it until next week... are we even going to have at least a few wars in off season to try out new map/nodes/tactics or will have to only adapt and learn to it when season kicks off?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    i feel like we just need to have a long off season while it gets revamped
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    No point discussing it now when we don't even know how what the specific changes are. We can only hope they make things better and not worse.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    I think it’s going to be good. Hopefully theGrandmaster taking over means an increase of nodes like Flare and Life Transfer, such as in 5.1
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

As in we do know at least going by what they said they’ll will address
    It seems great but no mention of individual war rewards

Lmao at 2 hit monkey users online 😂😂😂
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    i have a feeling that their answer to Flow is to just introduce more tactics as if any alliance will choose anything else. they'll all choose Flow and we'll have another Flow season of just ... ugh ... i don't even want to think about it :'(

i call upon the great Odin to delete this tactic .. just get rid of it. no one tactic should make the others obsolete. they should all have their pros and cons and be of equal pain, skill and value. that way, you bring some true diversity back to wars instead of "hey let's place as many control champs as we can".

they have to get season 19 right or it's going to push even more people out of alliances and wars etc.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

i have a feeling that their answer to Flow is to just introduce more tactics as if any alliance will choose anything else. they'll all choose Flow and we'll have another Flow season of just ... ugh ... i don't even want to think about it :'(

i call upon the great Odin to delete this tactic .. just get rid of it. no one tactic should make the others obsolete. they should all have their pros and cons and be of equal pain, skill and value. that way, you bring some true diversity back to wars instead of "hey let's place as many control champs as we can".

they have to get season 19 right or it's going to push even more people out of alliances and wars etc.

I'm not entirely sure getting rid of it will come. Especially seeing as how it's that popular to use, however overpowered. I could see another adjustment, as well as Offensive Tactics. Just my thoughts.
  • Options

Flow was always there from the start, but it was the weakest alongside Siphon in the 1st iteration of Defense Tactics. Then came the 2nd/current iteration and it started with Siphon Wars. Flow as it is was available, but it hadn't gained traction yet. Then Siphon got nerfed as it was just too much. Only then did Flow gain the popularity it currently has.

Now, according to what's been said, a new 3rd iteration of Defense Tactics is inbound. Just because the name is kept, doesn't mean it will be as effective. The title of the DT is irrelevant. It's what the DT does for the Champions that matters most. If they release a balanced set of Defense Tactics, it should in turn promote diversity instead of spammed grids & stagnation. Only time will tell though.

I would surmise that whatever Flow will do, it will not be as impactful as the current iteration is. That's all that really matters at the end of the day. That all of the new lineup can be managed with more than 5 attackers per DT. That they all won't promote spammed grids. Hopefully, it creates a dynamic, and less predictable Season of Alliance Wars that will award skilled play and not a set of niche attackers and defenders that were awarded via RNG. The last thing anyone wants to see is the same nonsense over and over again. Here's to hoping...