**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss Rewards Update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Bidzy7 said:

They’re not analogous, those arguments are made by you alone while straw manning. I’m not playing chess with a pigeon, no thank you.

Players are both advantaged and disadvantaged here so just stop trying to claim it’s one sided please.

stop trying to make out your are disadvantaged. after having 5 months of R3 champions.

I don’t need to make it out to be. It’s a fact that rewards were changed in a way that disadvantages people who already completed content and made decisions based on that content.

*To answer your edit. It’s random r3 because prior to the Abyss Nexus all of my, and most others (aside from people dropping odins on cavs), 6s were random. The 10 choice nexus gives a choice opportunity to players.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    What’s the reasoning behind having to choose your nexus before popping the t5cc? I don’t get why for completing the hardest content in the game you can still get screwed by rng.

A pretty good idea was brought up that sending the nexus crystal in mail would be a good way around this.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

They’re not analogous, those arguments are made by you alone while straw manning. I’m not playing chess with a pigeon, no thank you.

Players are both advantaged and disadvantaged here so just stop trying to claim it’s one sided please.

stop trying to make out your are disadvantaged. after having 5 months of R3 champions.

That is literally the point of doing the content. It's not a stick you get to use to beat people with like we got something extra by having those rank ups when people who chose not to do the content didn't.

We made rankups and awakenings with available information at the time. Odds of getting a new champion from crystals that actually existed at the time vs sitting on catalysts forever waiting for one. You can't say it's like champions getting added to the game bc that's absurd. New champs coming, pulling dupes from other crystals, etc... were all possibilities that people were aware of when they made a decision to use resources. Them manufacturing a crystal with at least near a 50% chance at getting a specific champ of a specific class and adding it to content we already completed was not something you can even remotely realistically expect people to factor in.

That's like us saying you should have expected the rewards to change and got it done sooner. Both were choices made with currently available information that have unforseen consequences at present. Just bc you lost something doesn't mean someone else didn't.

Get off your cross for a second jeez. You're not some super brain bc you waited to do content. You more than likely just weren't willing to grind or spend to do it or don't have the champs. Someone who did complete it isn't any better or worse for making that choice and the natural advantage from doing content early isn't something you get to try to twist to make yourself feel better or seem like some victim who singley was wronged.
    Bidzy7 said:

Its one sided in terms of rewards given. You can't give a single argument to show it isn't in that regard.

Also resorting to name calling or using terms to try to put people down as a counter just shows how you point doesn't hold much validity
    It’s far from one sided but for some reason you need to demand that it is which is beyond my ability to discern, and this is why I refuse to play pigeon chess; and that’s not an insult it’s a description of the tactics used here.
    edited June 2020

What’s the reasoning behind having to choose your nexus before popping the t5cc? I don’t get why for completing the hardest content in the game you can still get screwed by rng.

A pretty good idea was brought up that sending the nexus crystal in mail would be a good way around this.

That’s how the game functions with selectors. There have been numerous issues with using the mail systems to distribute rewards one of which is that they expire. There very well may be design decisions at play as well, like they want you to choose your champion in isolation rather than have it be influenced by t5cc rng.

Question is why do players demand they have their champion choice be influenced by their t5cc. The t5cc will come again soon but this champion choice will not.
    Knation said:

Knation said:

Knation said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

You can. Doesn't mean you're going to want to.

Ohh no, look Ive been caught not knowing the rewards of 100% LoL are guaranteed rankups now let me think of another excuse
    No. You've been caught not acknowledging the fact that we're discussing RNG. You have two Crystals that give random outcomes. One has the ability to grant you your choice of 10 outcomes. The other is a 1 in 6 chance. There are no guarantees with that, and you can say that LoL grants some imaginary precedent, but it really doesn't.
    Chances are higher with the new nexus crystal to get a handful of champs you want. Chances are not the same if u dont know what T5cc you are gonna get. Period.
    First of all, you need to check your math on that. Secondly, who said the Cat MUST be used with the Champ you select? Since when is that a given?
    LOL? who said the cat must be used? Do you know rewards are supposed to be used and not left to rot? You know Ive 100% Abyss and I will know what class nexus I should go for since I already have tech t5cc sitting there.

You know when you do ur 100% abyss you wont know which class nexus to get since you wont be able to open your t5cc before your class nexus which gives me an unfair advantage on top of the +15k 6* shards (which isnt the biggest deal).

You see what happens there? Or you still think you are right just because you don't want to be wrong?
    Right. People have so many T5CCs rotting.
    Yes they do I know so many people who have their t5cc just waiting for a good champ
    So the Crystal is a win then.
    Yes however one problem I have with it is how the crystal has an extremely high chance of a good champion but there’s a slight chance you’ll get screwed it’s probably 1/100 people who won’t get a good champion which would piss you off so much
    I can see how that would. I think out of a selection of 10, there's a good chance they will get something they want.
    Like I said it’s probably a 1/100 chance of not getting something good which would piss me off beyond belief if I has the lucky 100th person
    Few people have done some math on it. Only skill is anywhere close to that and I think it was around 1/150. Most were 1 in a few thousand odds

Knation said:

Knation said:

Knation said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Ohh no, look Ive been caught not knowing the rewards of 100% LoL are guaranteed rankups now let me think of another excuse
    No. You've been caught not acknowledging the fact that we're discussing RNG. You have two Crystals that give random outcomes. One has the ability to grant you your choice of 10 outcomes. The other is a 1 in 6 chance. There are no guarantees with that, and you can say that LoL grants some imaginary precedent, but it really doesn't.
    Chances are higher with the new nexus crystal to get a handful of champs you want. Chances are not the same if u dont know what T5cc you are gonna get. Period.
    First of all, you need to check your math on that. Secondly, who said the Cat MUST be used with the Champ you select? Since when is that a given?
    LOL? who said the cat must be used? Do you know rewards are supposed to be used and not left to rot? You know Ive 100% Abyss and I will know what class nexus I should go for since I already have tech t5cc sitting there.

You know when you do ur 100% abyss you wont know which class nexus to get since you wont be able to open your t5cc before your class nexus which gives me an unfair advantage on top of the +15k 6* shards (which isnt the biggest deal).

You see what happens there? Or you still think you are right just because you don't want to be wrong?
    Yes they do I know so many people who have their t5cc just waiting for a good champ
    Yes however one problem I have with it is how the crystal has an extremely high chance of a good champion but there’s a slight chance you’ll get screwed it’s probably 1/100 people who won’t get a good champion which would piss you off so much
    I can see how that would. I think out of a selection of 10, there's a good chance they will get something they want.
    Like I said it’s probably a 1/100 chance of not getting something good which would piss me off beyond belief if I has the lucky 100th person
    Few people have done some math on it. Only skill is anywhere close to that and I think it was around 1/150. Most were 1 in a few thousand odds
    Whether that math is correct, I have no idea. I definitely don't care enough to work it out
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

Knation said:

Knation said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

I suppose that comes with all RNG. The Roadmap plan for buffing 2 Champs a month looks promising.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I think the major reason people are upset is because Kabam came out stating they wanted to upgrade the rewards. I don't remember the post but if I'm wrong please correct me. With that said people were expecting rewards to be increased. For those that finished early rewards are increased (essentially 15K extra 6* shards) for everyone else it isn't really an increase more of moving 15K to a nexus crystals even though it is upgraded with 7 more random champs to select. The Abyss rewards really don't match the content and most complained that they were weak and more focused on 5*s. This is the general opinion or majority opinion from what I've seen. I think a T5C selector would've been a better added reward. You can select the one you really want and can wait until you eventually pull a champ or if you have one you already want to rank you are already done. Problem with the 10 choice crystal is that you may still not get what you want or need. For example I would love to dupe my Nick Fury, but I have a 63% chance of not pulling him still so do I chance it on him or go for the 54% odds of not getting a champ you want on the Mystic?

Either way its still not ideal for the player and the content wasn't easy. It was long and challenging and rewards need to be increased in my opinion and not "moved".
  • What’s the reasoning behind having to choose your nexus before popping the t5cc? I don’t get why for completing the hardest content in the game you can still get screwed by rng.

That’s how the game functions with selectors. There have been numerous issues with using the mail systems to distribute rewards one of which is that they expire. There very well may be design decisions at play as well, like they want you to choose your champion in isolation rather than have it be influenced by t5cc rng.

Question is why do players demand they have their champion choice be influenced by their t5cc. The t5cc will come again soon but this champion choice will not.
    And that is what i find funny. If the t5cc for us will come again soon, so will it for you. The sig stones and the t5cc will come again soon, actually sooner for you. More power to you for finishing it first, you are reaping the benefits. But dont wish those working on it now get lesser, that is incredibly selfish.

And that is what i find funny. If the t5cc for us will come again soon, so will it for you. The sig stones and the t5cc will come again soon, actually sooner for you. More power to you for finishing it first, you are reaping the benefits. But dont wish those working on it now get lesser, that is incredibly selfish.
    AGs not so much.

And I'm not even sure how I have to keep repeating this but some, not saying you specifically, don't seem to understand. I'm not mad that I lost out on that choice, it absolutely would have been nice to have but I'm fine with living with my choices, nor am I happy about or support the shards being removed from future runs. Just stating another side of the situation. I still think that no matter what side you're sitting on it's a massive win
  • ChanfsChanfs Posts: 54
    Reading through the thread, the argument from few those that completed 100% claimed that they lost the ability to choose at time of exploration. However, all those are just sunk cost in business term. Their past cost has no relevant claim for any change in the future.
    If Kabam just reduce 15k shards for future exploration without giving the new nexus crystal to people who completed 100% before. I don't think anyone would have much complain at all.
    The problem of the situation solely on execution of the change.
    Either not reducing the shards to future content explorer or not giving the extra nexus to people completing in the past.

That’s fine and dandy with t5cc, it’s also tangential to my point about the rarest resources in the game, gems and stones.

We get 6* stones and gems from one time content that has already passed or through buying them, t5cc is in alliance events in addition that that one time content, while the t5cc is not significant at this very moment AQ and AW are being updated. AQ alone will have a new tier of modifiers which award t5cc. additionally book 2 is on the horizon while I can bank on t5cc being opened up in relation to its arrival I cannot bank on stones playing a large part.

Regardless of all that stones and gems at this point in time are severely restricted with no indication of an increase on the horizon and this places their value pretty damn high. They’ve also increased in price when sold, they’ve become more restrictive. The opposite is true of t5cc.

Awakening gems and signature stones are not likely to be soon or even comparable to the amount of t5cc over the course of the year.

You’re sorry I finished first? I’m sorry you didn’t? We both have advantages and disadvantages relating to those decisions. If I must live with my decisions it’s unfair to demand that you do not have to live with your decisions and that it’s unfair to you, all the while claiming everything is copasetic on my end when, that’s far from the truth.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Chanfs said:

Reading through the thread, the argument from few those that completed 100% claimed that they lost the ability to choose at time of exploration. However, all those are just sunk cost in business term. Their past cost has no relevant claim for any change in the future.
    If Kabam just reduce 15k shards for future exploration without giving the new nexus crystal to people who completed 100% before. I don't think anyone would have much complain at all.
    The problem of the situation solely on execution of the change.
    Either not reducing the shards to future content explorer or not giving the extra nexus to people completing in the past.

There aren't "few" of them, only two. I have explored it 100% and of the opinion that the change is unfair to players who'll explore it after June 25.
    linux said:

milomike said:

If it’s about being fair.

Kabam players who have not completed the abyss can now base decisions off their Abyss Crystals when those who made decisions prior to this announcement are at a disadvantage. If the players who are bemoaning the loss of relative shards to others are awarded those shards I suggest that you prevent them from opening those crystals until they have used their gems, stones and t5cc acquired from the Abyss.

You do realize the players who’ve already 100% will also be getting the added Nexus crystal? It will be delivered and claimed in mail, and they too can also base their decision on whichever t5cc they have waiting.

Only difference at this point is the countless who aren’t 100%, now get less rewards.
    If they have spent their t5cc, no they cannot base their decision off of their t5cc.

The countless people who have not completed the Abyss are at a significant advantage when it comes to making informed decisions. Those who have made decisions prior to this announcement are in a position much worse than being down a crystal, they are down being able to make an informed decision with their resources which is far more detrimental than 1.5 random champions.

I doubt in reality it was detrimental to very many players. Some still have a lot of their resources. Many who did the Abyss early have sick rosters already and had excellent options on which to use those Abyss resources. They also got the benefit of the prestige race which is why many did it early in the first place. Nice Sunspot btw. It's really not a big deal either way. It's 15k shards. No one is getting screwed really. I just think it would be a better move by Kabam to leave the shards for everyone.
    Yeah would’ve been nice if I had the Abyss crystal before spending my resources on Sunspot, would’ve influenced my decisions relating to every last resource used on him. I would gladly trade it for a refund and 5k 6* shards.

It’s cool that you aren’t very concerned, but I’m speaking to those who are.
    OTOH folks who now have to choose the class for the new 6* abyss nexus crystal have to do so before finding the class for the last 2 T5CC, which seems a more serious disadvantage for more scenarios. (I don't understand why they don't send in mail or give some way that allows players to first see those last 2 T5CC.)
    The T5cc will be there soon enough, choosing your champion isn’t something we’re likely to encounter as often as we’ll be obtaining t5cc.

Looks to me like Miike answers that. Appears to be that they want you to choose your champion independent of the t5cc factor.

Mauled said:

Haji_Saab said:

Sooo people who have already 100% gets extra 15k 6* shards ...

Why? this was never announced that if you do Abyss early you will get extra rewards

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.
    Soooooo dumb. I thought you guys were trying to win back the player base. This is not how to do it.

You are rewarding the whales and penalizing everyone else. Why not just reward and celebrate everyone equally?

It boggles my mind that you think this is a significant improvement. If you can't increase the chance that the t5cc match the class of 6* that you would rank, there is limited incentive for non-whale players to do the content.

I did one pass and got a skill t5cc. My only skill class 6* was vegan thor, FOR months...
    Your question highlights a possible answer. You have a Skill T5CC that you didn't want to use for months. If you still have it, you have the choice to choose a Skill Abyss Nexus crystal. From there, you can choose one of the 10 Champs you might want to take up. If you're really looking to chase a certain Champion, then maybe you decide to choose a different Class that you don't have a T5CC for yet. Abyss is not the only place to get T5CC, and every one of those is valuable and useable.

The reason we went this direction with the Rewards update, and not with T5CC selection is because regardless of if you have a Champion to use your Skill T5CC on, it's still just as good as any other Skill T5CC. You will use it eventually. But if you open your 6-Star Crystal and get Groot, you're not likely to use him until he gets a Buff someday, and are going to be disappointed in the work you put in to get him.

No, we are not going to remove Champions from the 6-Star Base pool, but we are looking at many solutions to mitigate that feeling. This is just one of them.
    Honestly, outside of adding a T5CC selector this is definitely the best option, potentially pretty fun too.

The one question I have is - if I choose skill for example, will each champion in the reel be unique? 2 versions of Black Panther wouldn’t pop up in positions 3 and 6 for instance?
    I mean, there are 2 versions of Black Panther, but you wouldn't get 2 Black Panther (Civil War), or 2 Nick Fury. They will be unique.
    Why can you address this but not the serious issue of not being able to open our t5cc first?
    That was addressed here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1257792/#Comment_1257792

We are not looking to solve both cases of RNG. This game is built on Randomized Crystals, and that is not going to change anytime soon. We wanted to tackle the more important source of frustration in this case.
    Knation said:

Knation said:

Knation said:

Knation said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

I think the odds in the thousands were with decent champs not great ones though like for cosmic I assume they counted Angela towards as she is decent but in reality won’t get any use if you have just 100% abyss
    Could be right. I didn't really look carefully at it. Not really concerned regardless.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Knation said:

I think the odds in the thousands were with decent champs not great ones though like for cosmic I assume they counted Angela towards as she is decent but in reality won’t get any use if you have just 100% abyss

I calculated two sets of probabilities. The first was based on a post someone else made listing Seatin's evaluations. I haven't watched that particular video yet, so I took them at their word to calculate them here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1258057/#Comment_1258057. That might be the post that people are referencing if they are talking about Skill and odds around one percent.

I also decided since the evaluations themselves were subjective, I should make my own evaluation I could stand behind and calculate the odds based on that, which I did here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1258161/#Comment_1258161. That breaks the selections down a bit more granularly, with what I consider top choices for R3 and potentially valid but not top choices for R3, based on my own understanding of the champions (it is possible there are champs others would find R3-worthy but I lack the experience with them to be sure myself).

The most important thing for people to keep in mind when it comes to odds is everyone is getting this particular Nexus Abyss crystal once, which means there's no opportunity to average out the odds. When the odds are one in 50,000 of getting a horrible pull, that means it is very likely that approximately one out of every 50,000 players who do the Abyss will get that horrible pull. So when the odds are closer to one in 150, you have to ask how many players that translates to. One in 50,000 might be a couple in years, and it sucks to be them. But one in 143 probably means hundreds of players over a similar time scale. And even when I calculate the odds of a decent pull (based on my evaluation) being 98..8%, that means one out of every 91 players on average will be getting ten choices none of which I would consider R3 worthy.

98.9% is very good odds when you think about one player. One out of 91 is not very good odds when you think about what will happen to a thousand Abyss players.
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★

That’s fine and dandy with t5cc, it’s also tangential to my point about the rarest resources in the game, gems and stones.

We get 6* stones and gems from one time content that has already passed or through buying them, t5cc is in alliance events in addition that that one time content, while the t5cc is not significant at this very moment AQ and AW are being updated. AQ alone will have a new tier of modifiers which award t5cc. additionally book 2 is on the horizon while I can bank on t5cc being opened up in relation to its arrival I cannot bank on stones playing a large part.

Regardless of all that stones and gems at this point in time are severely restricted with no indication of an increase on the horizon and this places their value pretty damn high. They’ve also increased in price when sold, they’ve become more restrictive. The opposite is true of t5cc.

Awakening gems and signature stones are not likely to be soon or even comparable to the amount of t5cc over the course of the year.

You’re sorry I finished first? I’m sorry you didn’t? We both have advantages and disadvantages relating to those decisions. If I must live with my decisions it’s unfair to demand that you do not have to live with your decisions and that it’s unfair to you, all the while claiming everything is copasetic on my end when, that’s far from the truth.
    You want to talk about disadvantages? What about the people who cant afford to buy every 6* sig stone bundle, or every other end game deal? Thats an unfair advantage, especially in the prestige race. Fact is you had the means to 100% abyss early and you chose to use those rewards knowing you'll have opportunities for newer/better champs in the future.

What's a disadvantage is putting more space between you top prestige players with end game rosters and 100+ 6*s and us lower tier players. 15k 6* shards might not be valuable to you due to having an already extensive roster, but I've grinded my butt off for the past couple years and only have 20. Another shot at a featured 6* will benefit me ALOT more than it'll benefit you.

In future, don't use your resources for fear of getting better champs at a later date and stop crying, OR use them and be satisfied with your decision AND ACCEPT THE EXTRA 6* THAT YOU TOP TIER MOB GET THAT THE ONES WHO NEED IT MOST DON'T.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    @CoatHang3r
    - again tell me why you was forced to R3 a champion ? Because of prestige right. Its **** system but no one forced you to do it.
    - champions acquisition have always been random, this game is RNG based. A person can get a god tier as their first 6* or never get any decent champs in the first 20 pulls that's just how it goes. This is exactly what people have been complaining about which bought around this change.
    - pigeon Chess, you are basically calling me ignorant. Not sure why someone would take that as an insult
    - Let me break it down in the most simplistic form so you can discern. Player A gets 5 6* for completing content Player B gets 4 6* for doing same content. Is that fair ? The answer to this is no its not fair. not talking about the champions in question because they are random. Player B could pull 4 god tier champions. That is simply the nature of the game.
    - Whats the bigger disadvantage not being able to rank up a certain champion straight away or having one less champion crystal at the same point in the game as others.
    - You are also making out all of a sudden everyone completing abyss will be able to R3 which ever champ they want
    when there are a number of scenarios that could happen
    1) You get the new crystal and manage to awaken or get a champion you like but because you already used your T5CC you have to wait.
    2) A new player gets new crystal and gets who they wanted but the T5CC doesn't give him what they needs to R3, they have to wait.
    3) Another player who also completed Abyss prior to change who picked a class based on T5CC they have, gets champion they want and can R3 them.
    4) Another new player finishes abyss and gets new crystal and gets champion they want and also gets T5CC to R3 that champion.
    5) Also a player could not get any decent champions out of the 10 and therefore doesn't want to R3 any champ

so how is it you can say every player to complete abyss going forward is suddenly going to have this huge advantage not available to those who already completed abyss. They have the same advantage as people who didn't do abyss until after 6.4 which is one of being able to make their choice based on a larger picture.

You keep talking about how if this crystal was around it would of influenced your decision on your rank ups. Of course it would of just like pulling a certain champ at the time would of. Just like doing abyss after opening 100 6* crystals. It would also of been a non issue as you may have not got anyone better or awakened the champion you wanted to use resources on. But ultimately using the generic AG was a conscious decision on your part so because you used it on a lesser champion you think that it is just cause to take away 15k shards from people who haven't done it ? That is the summation of your argument that its unfair on you because YOU used your generic gem on a unfavorable champion. There would of been players who were lucky enough to have those God tier champs everyone wants when they completed it who have no issue. There is those who decided to hold onto their resources and since completion have managed to get a champion they are happy to use resources on.

Nothing you have said or offered as an argument explain how denying people 15k shards makes it fairer then leaving the rewards as is. Most of the arguments you have presented have been in the sense what would you rather have the ability to pick a champion or 15k shards. However this isn't whats happening because you are getting the 15k shards and the ability to pick a champion.

and that's the last i'm going to say on the matter.
    ImGodMF said:

You want to talk about disadvantages? What about the people who cant afford to buy every 6* sig stone bundle, or every other end game deal? Thats an unfair advantage, especially in the prestige race. Fact is you had the means to 100% abyss early and you chose to use those rewards knowing you'll have opportunities for newer/better champs in the future.

What's a disadvantage is putting more space between you top prestige players with end game rosters and 100+ 6*s and us lower tier players. 15k 6* shards might not be valuable to you due to having an already extensive roster, but I've grinded my butt off for the past couple years and only have 20. Another shot at a featured 6* will benefit me ALOT more than it'll benefit you.

In future, don't use your resources for fear of getting better champs at a later date and stop crying, OR use them and be satisfied with your decision AND ACCEPT THE EXTRA 6* THAT YOU TOP TIER MOB GET THAT THE ONES WHO NEED IT MOST DON'T.
    Yes I choose to complete abyss early and if I must lie in my bed I am fine with that and more than willing to. What I am not fine with is others claiming that by doing so I am at an advantage to them in this situation when I am denied advantages they now have.

It’s neither here nor there but I’m also disadvantaged from not buying every sig stone offer and end game deal.

While I do buy most sig stone offers I buy zero end game offers outside of the major holiday events.

My six star roster is not as extensive by comparison to others in my “Tier” which makes the options of gems and stones all that more valuable to me.

It’s wrong to undercut someone with a game changing adjustment in content rewards that offer a significant advantage after the fact. And doubly wrong to excuse it “because 15k shards.”

@Championcritic in a situation where both parties have been gifted advantages over the other Through no fault of their own, handicapping them in differing ways does offer some semblance of equality.
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    Don't know if this was answered already. If i want to save this until after july 4th, how can i do so?

Is it a crystal that i can leave in my mailbox and just not claim it until july 4th? Or the minute i claim it, it will ask me for which class?

I'm thinking i won't touch the mail at all until july 4th.
    Tjk602 said:

Don't know if this was answered already. If i want to save this until after july 4th, how can i do so?

Is it a crystal that i can leave in my mailbox and just not claim it until july 4th? Or the minute i claim it, it will ask me for which class?

I'm thinking i won't touch the mail at all until july 4th.

As soon as you finish you'll have to choose the class if it works like other selectors. From that point you'll be able to hold that crystal as long as you'd want and the basic pool inside would update as champs are added but I'd just about guarantee you'll have to choose the class immediately
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    i finished abyss long time ago. i want to know how it works when i get it in the mail. I open mail and i choose right away? or i hit claim then i choose?
    Tjk602 said:

i finished abyss long time ago. i want to know how it works when i get it in the mail. I open mail and i choose right away? or i hit claim then i choose?

I would assume you'd have to claim it 1st then choose, obviously can't be sure of that though
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Tjk602 said:

From memory of prior selectors in mail you can open the mail, once you claim it you will have to choose.
  • GanuiGanui Posts: 11
    ImGodMF said:

Tjk602 said:

From memory of prior selectors in mail you can open the mail, once you claim it you will have to choose.
    Appartently (so Miike said earlier) you pick a class when u claim, then u get a crystal that u can open later with the 10 choices...
  • OG_Luke1OG_Luke1 Posts: 29

@Kabam Miike anyway you can show an example of how this works? Do we pick 1 in 6 classes with the selector then we pick 1 in 10 champs with Nexus?

Do we have to choose the selector before we would get to open the two t5cc? I’m 100% already, but this seems like an important distinction.

That is correct. You choose a Class, and you receive an Abyss Class Nexus Crystal. When you open that Crystal, you will get 10 choices pulled from the Base Pool of that Class only!

You do still have to choose the class before you open the T5CC though.
    So will the people who have already done Abyss 100% have to choose their class immediately or will they have time to wait to claim it and then choose it at a later date? I'm sure Kabam will allow the upper tier to choose whatever they like cause the rest of the game is already dependant on them. You take away from everyone that is coming up in the game and keep giving and giving to others. So how many days will they be allowed to choose their class of crystal and why would everyone else not be able to be treated the same exact way. Now people can wait until the deals on the fourth and then select their class crystal after that. Of course, completely fair to the rest of the community. Pushing further and further away from this game once again. One step forward and three steps back, no respect for the community at all.