**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I have a question to kabam, will "strike counter-combat power rate" eventually reach the negatives? if so it will definitely cause problems like you attack, you lose power, and you will never be able to activate a special so you are forever power locked.
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    Is there anything wrong with the node numbers on the map?
    Lane numbers in the announcement don't add up with the map lanes...

I don't like "ebb and flow-knockdown", "ebb and flow-intercept", "window of opportunity-stun". Those 3 look WAY too annoying, especially when combined with flow tactics if the tactics system stays the same which might deter people from joining AW. The rest i can live with for now.

the 90% damage reduction from the 2 ebb and flows i mentioned might be a bit too much over the top.
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

so much to read through but eb and flow intercept reads awful. I guess its made for ghost to fight but I can see that node being a pain

Does incoming damage include DOT and passives like plasma? Also, Hazard shift sounds like a pain, incinerate and poison immune? Mephisto comes to mind. Iceman, red hulk and BWCV depending on her curse. Anyone else?
    Human torch, Night Thrasher, Annihulus, Havok, Sunspot, Vulture awakened and Emma in diamond form are all immune to incinerate. Which in turn should make them immune to the poison since they never receive the incinerate debuff.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Looks interesting. If anything AW sorely needed a refresh. Defense tactics are still a big factor in how this plays out though.

Pulyaman said:

so much to read through but eb and flow intercept reads awful. I guess its made for ghost to fight but I can see that node being a pain

Does incoming damage include DOT and passives like plasma? Also, Hazard shift sounds like a pain, incinerate and poison immune? Mephisto comes to mind. Iceman, red hulk and BWCV depending on her curse. Anyone else?
    Human torch, Night Thrasher, Annihulus, Havok, Sunspot, Vulture awakened and Emma in diamond form are all immune to incinerate. Which in turn should make them immune to the poison since they never receive the incinerate debuff.
    That's not how it works, it sounds like there is a timer that will change the debuff(incinerate or poison) that can be inflicted.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Haha see the hype for the “road map” dying 😂. Leave it in the hands of kabam and it’ll always look the same.

To be fair, we should wait to see what they look like practically. I'm just concerned for Matchmaking issues, but I'm willing to stay open minded.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Haha see the hype for the “road map” dying 😂. Leave it in the hands of kabam and it’ll always look the same.

To be fair, we should wait to see what they look like practically. I'm just concerned for Matchmaking issues, but I'm willing to stay open minded.
    I as well am open minded and hope for the best. Unfortunately first glance there are still big issues to address, while potentially making more issues with this released information.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

Pulyaman said:

The node is like shifting immunities. First its incinerate, then it is poison and again it is incinerate. Emma frost is straight up bad because she has horrible damage in diamond form without synergies and will not be good in attack.The others won't work because of the poison. CAIW with max sig and skill synergy could work. But you lose out on the damage from the kinetic charges
    Is it me or does tier 2 in the new map require ALOT more steps to explore? If I'm right, does this not make the map more annoying?
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

The only way to solve it really is to freeze War Rating altogether in the off, or not allow a change of a marginal amount outside of Seasons. No more than 10 perhaps, on either side.

Not sure if you understood what I said but that's exactly what they do in tiers 1-5. They prohibit any alliance from getting an increase or decrease in war rating in the off season to prevent alliances from tanking
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    So now you need 3 people per bg to run the scouter lens masteries? Or 9 people total in the alliance. Those are VERY expensive masteries. Please reconsider that choice.
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    @Kabam Miike there is definitely something wrong with the node numbers on the expert map.
    The main boss for example is numbered "52", while it should be 54.
    Additionally, the lanes and some shared lane minis are way off.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    THANK YOU for making matchmaking fair again!!! Couldn't be more happy about that.
    joke1004 said:

@Kabam Miike there is definitely something wrong with the node numbers on the expert map.

They changed the way the final diamond looks like so I guess they changed the boss node number accordingly
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    joke1004 said:

Yeah it looks like map node numbers are off and should be labeled the same as they are now. The table with the new node descriptions looks like it lines up with the current map though.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 said:

The only way to solve it really is to freeze War Rating altogether in the off, or not allow a change of a marginal amount outside of Seasons. No more than 10 perhaps, on either side.

Not sure if you understood what I said but that's exactly what they do in tiers 1-5. They prohibit any alliance from getting an increase or decrease in war rating in the off season to prevent alliances from tanking
    I understood what you said. There are more Tiers than just 1-5. Tanking occurs in lower Tiers. There are also Alliances that drop down to lower ones to peck off weaker Alliances, and those Matches are not fair for those they come up against. Which is why I proposed they either freeze it completely, all Tiers, or not allow an increase or a decrease of more than 10 War Rating Points. If that occurs, the most people will vary is 60 WRP and lose the Shards.
  • joke1004 said:

Something is up. Getting that looked into right now
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

Pulyaman said:

It’s alternating technically only need 1 immunity if played right
    How? Every 7 seconds you're taking damage.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Lmao they did such a great job with yesterday’s announcement and now this fiasco. They just want us using up as many items as possible?

I hope the rewards really reflect these changes Cuz the challenger and expert map are definitely a s**t show. Didn’t they say we shouldn’t be relying on 2-3 champions to clear certain areas? The swapping of incinerate and posion only a few champs come to mind with this lol. Having to intercept to deal damage is cool and all but all these champs with auto block.

Aye kabam aye.

Its going to be Nova, Rhino and Thor ragnarok there. I have not played in that tier for some time, so more don't come to mind. Nick fury is the usual counter. Lets see, we will know better after we play the maps for 2 weeks