**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

@DoubleDelta Life transfer would never work. Place warlock over there and you cant counter it.

U really can. But wil need to be a covus you’re wil ofcasse not get helling in the end or use venom who wil simepl. Do so the infecting do’s not last that long do you so many buff
  • RC51RC51 Posts: 194

On the Easy and Normal Maps:
    Nodes 13 and 14 Link to 19, 15 and 16 link to 20, 17 and 18 link to 21, 38 and 39 link to 44, 40 and 41 link to 45, and 42 and 43 link to 46. Finally, 48, 51, and 52 Link to the Boss.

On the Intermediate, Hard, Challenger, and Expert Maps:
    Nodes 10,11,12 link to 19, Nodes 13,14,15 link to 20, Nodes 16,17,18 link to 21, 36,37,38 link to 45, 39,40,41 link to 46, 42,43,44 link to 47, and 49,52,53 Link to the Boss.

You do not have to take any fights linked this time.

There is no hidden path anymore, but Nodes 19,20,21,45,46,47 are hidden.

Hey everybody, there was some erroneous information in the Path Identities. The Buffs were correct, but the node numbers were wrong. This has been corrected now.

Buuuut @Kabam Miike...your post at the bottom of page 1 stayed the same. My question still stands.

The linked nodes make no sense:
    36,37,38 links to 45
    39,40,41 links to 46
    42,43,44 links to 47
    49,52,53 links to the Boss (52 looks like the boss node).

And are 39, 46, and 47 Hidden? Because 45, 46, and 47 being hidden doesn't make sense, according to the original map you posted.
  • Knation said:

@DoubleDelta Life transfer would never work. Place warlock over there and you cant counter it.

Champs with lots of unique buffs would do fine
    Venom and hyperion being the only ones really usable.... and not a good option on flow. Corvus with multicharges as well. Depending on how you place the lanes before, you can counter these champs.

Knation said:

Venom and hyperion being the only ones really usable.... and not a good option on flow. Corvus with multicharges as well. Depending on how you place the lanes before, you can counter these champs.
    Hype wont count it need to be unique buff
    Gamer said:

Knation said:

Hype wont count it need to be unique buff
    Wil like to said u can use covus for the first 15 hit and he shuld probably be dead anyway so just many options.
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146

AlexBossu said:

Well, I am a guy who is always against kabam money grabbing ideas and come on the forum only for negative feedback.

But the aw is not a single player content. You are fighting against other alliances. Ofc there should be difficult nodes. If everybody goes 100% and 0 kills , how would you make the difference?

This is not on Kabam. This is on people who are spending like crazy. You want to win everytime? Pay.

Sure that tactics sucks and hard/impossible to compensate only with skill. But those tricky nodes are supposed to see who is smarter on placement and skillful and organized in attack.

Did you read their roadmap? Or what the player base has been saying about war? War is supposed to be competitive. Not flat out item-throwing contest. People who pay, pay for champs and to get through regular content. That's up to them. Doesn't mean that Kabam can throw whatever garbage they want as nodes and you blame the paying players.
    Ofc I am reading. AW,as it is now, up to t6, you can finish it with 0 deaths. Only boss may require boosts, not to timeout (assuming that you alliance is organized and having a wide diversity of champs, not only corvus).

You want to win with full exploration? Spend.
    You want to put the boss down with less items? Quit exploration.
    Do you think you are so skilled and smart and you can win everything? Wake up.
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    Will there be a big overhaul of defense tactics?
    Cause with the new map, some node combinations with the current ones could be hard roadblocks...
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    AlexBossu said:

AlexBossu said:

Well, I am a guy who is always against kabam money grabbing ideas and come on the forum only for negative feedback.

But the aw is not a single player content. You are fighting against other alliances. Ofc there should be difficult nodes. If everybody goes 100% and 0 kills , how would you make the difference?

This is not on Kabam. This is on people who are spending like crazy. You want to win everytime? Pay.

Sure that tactics sucks and hard/impossible to compensate only with skill. But those tricky nodes are supposed to see who is smarter on placement and skillful and organized in attack.

Did you read their roadmap? Or what the player base has been saying about war? War is supposed to be competitive. Not flat out item-throwing contest. People who pay, pay for champs and to get through regular content. That's up to them. Doesn't mean that Kabam can throw whatever garbage they want as nodes and you blame the paying players.
    Ofc I am reading. AW,as it is now, up to t6, you can finish it with 0 deaths. Only boss may require boosts, not to timeout (assuming that you alliance is organized and having a wide diversity of champs, not only corvus).

Well I think you should read again. They said they wanted to make it less stressful. This doesn't do that. Even though many alliances may not go for 100%, doesn't make the fights you take easier. Also, the nodes at T6 are nothing. Looks at the nodes the higher folks have to at with. Everyone spends in order to reduce deaths. Be it in units/glory for potions or loyalty/units for boosts. Get of your high horse lol. Think about the entire player base. Not everyone is a player who can pay. They don't have to make the nodes/war such that it comes to that if you want good rewards. This isn't an offer. It's a game mode.

AlexBossu said:

AlexBossu said:

Well I think you should read again. They said they wanted to make it less stressful. This doesn't do that. Even though many alliances may not go for 100%, doesn't make the fights you take easier. Also, the nodes at T6 are nothing. Looks at the nodes the higher folks have to at with. Everyone spends in order to reduce deaths. Be it in units/glory for potions or loyalty/units for boosts. Get of your high horse lol. Think about the entire player base. Not everyone is a player who can pay. They don't have to make the nodes/war such that it comes to that if you want good rewards. This isn't an offer. It's a game mode.
    That s the problem. Go for exploration as much as you can afford. People are spending like this because they think the rewards are so valuable.

My alliance is bouncing between t5 and t6. We win at t6. T5 is not worthy reward/effort. We put the bosses down, take the points and bye bye t5.

Gold1 with 0 items. We consider further is not worthy.

I repeat my opinion: it is not kabam's fault for making the map stronger. They need to differentiate the alliances. If people consider breaking their glory and units on aw, it is their choice.
  • SwatUSwatU Posts: 30
    Well, after few seasons of AW my alliance is exhausted. Most players want a break, because flow wars were terrible. We started in master tier after first three wars and finished in first place of platinum 3. Recipe for this was easy - give us few wars against alliances with rating 20 million more than our. I love my alliance, ppl that are here, we built it from zero.

After seeing roadmap I became optimistic one more time, I started to convicing ppl to stay in ally and keep enjoing this game. And then I see details of wars change. Refreshed map - teleports are gone (thanks, I wanted to go retire cuz of these teleports' presence), new terrible nodes added and minibosses are hidden. I stopped convicing my members to stay. Is that really how improving game should looks like? I believe this is chance to step back and rework it like You stepped back with act 7. Otherwise I am afraid that many ppl won't be able to see further changes, because will leave game earlier. Don't take it like that players are always complaint and are never happy - if many ppl tell You that Your way of changes is not making game better, You can't discuss with these feelings (You won't convice me that I am enjoying wars but I just don't know that, like You can't convice me that I feel good taste of food I don't prefer). My perspective is friendly advice, ofc it is Your choice if You listen and step back or not.

Saying all that - few general things I think would make community more happy with changes:
    1) shorter war seasons, or/and longer offseasons;
    2) reduce number of paths to 7-8, many players are taking break for whole season because can't participate for few wars due to real like activities; + one emergency absence and whole team suffer; optionally increase limit of alliance members;
    3) rework nodes, Kiryu made many videos about these which are enjoyable, You can use them;
    4) Mastery setup changes for free, it is players' choice whether they want to use suicides or not. But using suicides can make benefit placement only on few nodes. When suicide users have to use units to change mastery setup for every placement, or are pushed to not use suicides whole season, it is problem; in alliance we had a lot of unecessary thoughts whom to allow use suicides and whom not. I feel that we could not look fair after all, which - again - is negative feeling;
    5) boosts, potions and revives should be more available and cheaper;
    6) and one more thing - dexterity should not give attacker precision buff anymore. There are nodes like spite or defenders like Mojo and Dormamu. I am not saying that they shouldn't have ability to punish You for triggering buff (If You bring Star-Lords or Hyperions against them, You are propably not expert and if You not learn from this experience, You shouldn't complain that became punished), but necessity of switching off dexterity every war when I see Mojo mini or boss is not nice at all. You can erase this point if You fulfil point 4) hereabove stated.

Ofc one can say, if You don't like wars don't play them. But for many players wars are purpose of other stuff. I see sense of alliance quests only when I can get more resources for wars' purpose (especially that I hava almost every endgame content completed and once I do 100% abyss soon, it will be main entertainment).

Greetings,
    SwatU~

• AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Posts: 94
    edited June 2020
    Can someone please tell me 1 counter to darkhawk on eb and flow knockdown.
    I dont think any champion can beat that within 3 minutes.
    @Kabam Miike
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

@Kabam Miike

Void and Torch would work. Not everyone is probably going to give counters when asked though as part of new AW is being able to figure out these counters as an alliance and using it to beat other alliances initially.

There are plenty of other more worrying combinations tbh though. Darkhawk on Ebb and Flow would be annoying but manageable but some of the other combos will be downright almost impossible.
    Haji_Saab said:

Still remember the AW iteration when hardly any alliance outside t1 was finishing the full map. Talking about the map with slashed tires etc. It was ok for middle tier alliances to just do 6 paths and rest was bonus territory.

Then it changed and 100% became easier and now alliances are mentally programmed to 100%. AW is as difficult as you want it to be. You just have to find the right alliance for your level (in terms of skill and money).

Yeah. Basically the inflation of difficulty is because of spenders. Everybody stop spending and let the aw be based only on skill. The rewards will be much more worthy.

It is like that cats bundle when you pull a new 5*. Is worthy? No. But you guys are still spending like crazy in aw :smiley:

And i am not talking about flow, which really is a money grab tactic.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Still remember the AW iteration when hardly any alliance outside t1 was finishing the full map. Talking about the map with slashed tires etc. It was ok for middle tier alliances to just do 6 paths and rest was bonus territory.

Then it changed and 100% became easier and now alliances are mentally programmed to 100%. AW is as difficult as you want it to be. You just have to find the right alliance for your level (in terms of skill and money).

But with rewards being buffed, dropping down just increases the gap between people willing to pay and those who aren't. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a gap, because obviously they're willing to spend money, but increasing the gap day by day just makes it worse.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike I've been putting up a few comments about how now every bg will need more people to run scouter lens because of more hidden nodes which still baffles me but what is being done for officer/leadership burnout? So many groups just call it quits because organizing all of this stuff is too much no matter what the rewards are.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

That fight was one node tucked in the far right corner that did not link or road block anything. Same for node 29 in the other iteration. If what we were looking at was one fight or maybe even 2 or 3 that could measure the commitment to win or lose and would still not impact completing the map, I would agree with your point. This is not that. I don’t think your point is fair here
  • Haji_Saab said:

This was before seasons...AW was not remotely competitive as it is today.
  • AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Posts: 94

@Kabam Miike

Void and Torch would work. Not everyone is probably going to give counters when asked though as part of new AW is being able to figure out these counters as an alliance and using it to beat other alliances initially.

There are plenty of other more worrying combinations tbh though. Darkhawk on Ebb and Flow would be annoying but manageable but some of the other combos will be downright almost impossible.
    No they wouldn't read the node, every debuff gets removed every time protection activates. Yes they could do it but not in 3 mins
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

Make war no items allowed if the goal is to not let people finish so there is no stress at least on finishing. When you die you die your done

Good idea , however Kabam do make a lot of money on AW check these top Alliances vid on units spent, they dont go into fights with less than 80% health for example say you're in a master alliance between changing Mastery and always making sure your champs health is top and boost war can be expensive some alliance average about 2k unit per member each season now some grind for those units which require time, there's a saying time is money and some actually spend so lets say you spend 50$ per season and thats x 30 (members per alliance ) thats $1,500 per season for the entire alliance, so i dont think Kabam will get rid of items for AW but i do love the idea.