**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War rating not locked in offseason?

VerzzVerzz Posts: 535 ★★★
Sorry if this has been posted but I noticed that it is showing that our war rating will change during this offseason war. Is it a visual glitch or is it going to change?

Comments

• Options
    Mellie_MelMellie_Mel Posts: 74
    So, unless I missed an announcement that included a change, it is my understanding that War Ratings are supposed to be locked during the off-season for alliances upper tiers. Currently, our alliance is Tier 5 and the war rating shows +30 for a win and -30 for a loss. This should not be the case. This at least the third time this has happened during the first war of the off-season. The first time it happened, it cost our alliance big time as that first war loss dropped us from tier 4 to tier 5 and we never recovered.

Kabam - please address this (both now and for all future off-season wars).

Rating as of today: 2,437. I'll update this tomorrow after war ends. If it goes up or down (it's gonna go down because we will 100% lose) and needs to be fixed back immediately! The only reason we are running a single BG war was because it is supposed to be locked!!
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    Keep in mind that it is only supposed to lock your WR, not your Tier. (and frankly, not sure what happens to the lock if you are cross-tier matched against, and playing on, a Tier-6 Map this war).

But even if T5 v T5, and WR stays same. If you are towards lower end of T5, some winning T6 teams might move ahead of you in WR (since theirs do change for that war), and so could still push you down to T6 for next war even if your WR stayed same. So next war if in T6 your WR would then be able to change in that next war.
  • Options
    I appreciate the insight, but that is irrelevant to this situation. I'm not worried about the tier. We aren't going to fall down to 6. If anything, we right on the cusp of tier 4 again. The point is, the war rating is supposed to be locked and it's not. And this is not the first time this has happened for the first war of the off-season. Had we known it would change, we would have not started a war. There is only 5 of us even playing right now just for the heck of it.
  • Options
    Same thing with us @Verzz I hadn't seen your thread so I stated my own. Hopefully they can merge the two and give us an update soon.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    What happened in those previous 1st war off-seasons ??
    Did it turn out to just be visual bug, and after the war your WR really didn’t change ?
    Or did your WR actually change according to the +/- stated during those 1st off-season wars ?
    Or did WR initially change, but then Kabam fixed it (reverted them) sometime during that next week each beginning to the off-seasons ?

I’d venture to say whatever happened previously is what will happen again.

Maybe with the upcoming revamp, this will be corrected by the next time off-season starts.
  • Options
    Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    it has been this way previous off seasons also.
    has always showed the +/- but then after the war completes no change happens.
    same at T6 it shows the full change then after war only half change is applied