**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

OMG LOL I see what you did with Silver Surfer, Kabam

Comments

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Hey man you should get a YouTube channel and discuss your findings. I’d follow you. I try not to watch the tubers anymore I just read on my own. Most of then are just annoying now.

This is good stuff I’ll save this the day I pull surfer 4-6 months down the road lol.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    You literally cannot say that the Surfer doesn't hit as hard as Hyperion. The DPS is spread differently, but it's there.

Now, if you don't think Hyperion hits hard, that is fine. Totally fine. Everyone is entitled to that opinion.

But when people get the Surfer, they're going to see that their DPS is basically the same overall
  • Options

Haven’t played him but trust this man everyone. He was literally the only poster to be singing the praises of CAIW when he was released while everyone else was calling him a mediocre champ.

Thanks for saying so! I try to be objective. It's just a game, you know? People are gonna get the characters, so it's not like it does me any good to say something so crazy that people can point to it and say I was lost
  • Options
    Kenny292 said:

Haven’t played him but trust this man everyone. He was literally the only poster to be singing the praises of CAIW when he was released while everyone else was calling him a mediocre champ.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t have Silver Surfer, so I don’t have an opinion on him myself, but I trust ESF’s opinion. A little over a year ago, I pulled CAIW and knew nothing about him. When I pull a champ I don’t know much about, I watch youtube videos and look for posts on the forum/reddit about that champion. Most of what I found didn’t seem like he was that great of a champ, but a forum post by ESF and another post on reddit were convincing enough for me to take the chance and make him my 3rd 5/65 and awaken/max sig him. No regrets at all. He immediately helped me finish 100% V1 and has been used a ton for everything since.
    Awesome! I understand the people who love Ghost and Corvus, etc., but there is hardly a day that goes by when I don't use Cap IW. Glad he put in the work for you
  • Options
    RoninMan said:

Daddrieda said:

RoninMan said:

Daddrieda said:

Can you create a video? Some find it more understanding to see it instead of reading text

What kind of video are you looking for? Are you looking for any specific fights or modes?
    Oh dear. I wasn’t really clear. There are people that simply can’t or won’t underatand a thing by reading or listening something that seems hard to understand, but being shown in a video simplifying things mainly it’s being shown how it’s done ^_^
    Ah ok I got it. I will try to do my best to create something soon.
    I hope you enjoy making it, whatever you may decide about the character
  • Options

Hey man you should get a YouTube channel and discuss your findings. I’d follow you. I try not to watch the tubers anymore I just read on my own. Most of then are just annoying now.

This is good stuff I’ll save this the day I pull surfer 4-6 months down the road lol.

That is very nice of you to say. For real. I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do that -- I really am just an old gamer -- but the one thing I wish they would do more is discuss their rotations.

I don't watch many, as I said. I really don't. But the one who I thought was pretty good was the one named Dave who explains how to do what he does with specific characters and tactics
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Love reading your description of the champ. It's nice to see a good review on silver surfer. Its also nice to hear someone talk about playing a champ because they like him/her. I'm an old gamer myself and have ranked champs people laugh at because they aren't listed as god tier on a Youtubers ranking chart. It's a game and its supposed to be fun. Its always been more enjoyable to me when I can play with a champ I like over an overhyped character like ghost or corvus (I know they hit hard and are suicide friendly). Its fine if people run suicides but not every champ will be suicide friendly it's the penalty for that extra damage. Keep up the great reviews and happy gaming
  • Options
    Dshu said:

Love reading your description of the champ. It's nice to see a good review on silver surfer. Its also nice to hear someone talk about playing a champ because they like him/her. I'm an old gamer myself and have ranked champs people laugh at because they aren't listed as god tier on a Youtubers ranking chart. It's a game and its supposed to be fun. Its always been more enjoyable to me when I can play with a champ I like over an overhyped character like ghost or corvus (I know they hit hard and are suicide friendly). Its fine if people run suicides but not every champ will be suicide friendly it's the penalty for that extra damage. Keep up the great reviews and happy gaming

Absolutely, my man -- same to you! I used to do all the things until I realized that the most fun for me was collecting, testing and ranking up who I like to play
  • Options

Create a subreddit on your findings, dude. I'm usually the silent type on forums, but I've been reading your post and personally expanding upon your findings. It's helped me discover a new level of appreciation for any character that gets released.

Keep it up, ESF.

Huh. Maybe I can do something like that...I will keep those of you who care posted. That way I can maybe have a forum where people who just want to talk about the game and characters can go
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Lol too much words no video to prove. Too funny.
  • Options
    GOTG said:

Lol too much words no video to prove. Too funny.

I guess I don't understand. I said I took a Rank 4 Silver Surfer with a support team of Hulk, Magneto, Wolverine and Cyclops against Winter Soldier and it took 146 hits to beat him.

You don't believe me? I understand that you don't know me, but why would I make it up? My account name is the same in-game. You can literally go to my profile and see a Rank 4 Surfer.

I took it into Variant 4 earlier this evening, the second chapter. He beat Red Skull and King Groot. I got clipped by Hela using him. He wasn't effective against DPX.

What purpose does it serve to give that much detail if I am not telling the truth? People have or will have the character. They can duplicate everything I have done. I am not a bad player, but there are better players than me and I am telling you now, a skilled player is gonna get the character and do better than I will because they will intercept more
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    ESF said:

Hey, folks!

Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know:

I was curious about something while testing. I want to be clear: I am NOT saying Hyperion isn't better overall. He's easier to play, for one. That's one of the top, oh, 3-5 kits in the game.

What I am saying is this, because I literally just did it:

I took an R4 Hyperion against WS -- which isn't always the best benchmark, but is one metric everyone knows -- with a support team of Iron Man (for the Crit synergy), Cyclops, Magneto and Wolverine.

I am a good Hyperion player, know exactly how he works, finished WS in 146 hits.

Took an R4 Surfer in there with the same team except for Iron Man; took Hulk instead for the Power Cosmic cooldown buff.

Finished in...146 hits.

Hyperion, again, is easier to play. He was slightly faster. So are other characters. I am not saying that the Surfer is the best character in the game.

I am saying that the DPS is there. It just is.

People can dislike my takes or personality or the Surfer or the playstyle or whatever, but the DPS is there

R4 hype can do ws in rol in sub 100 hits easy, can link a 80 hit video if you'd like.

Also it's a bad comparison counting hits for something like this as champs have different hit counts for heavies and specials (also sometimes basic combos). Time to kill is a better comparison of damage per second.

That being said I like SS and hope he gets a little tweak.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I love your review and details of rotation for surfer. I think most are just disappointed as we have champs like havok, cull, manor, sunspot that are insane damage dealers and surfer was hyped all year and pales in comparison. I myself am sad hes not a better champ.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    ESF, aside from prestige, being -100% immune to frostbite, incinerate, and shock.. do you prefer using SS over other champion? Colossus comes to mind as bleed, frostbite and incinerate immune champion.. i have my 5* SS @ 3/45 sig40.. but have not gotten the sequence you mentioned down..
    do you have a video showing it.. im more visual person, need to see it, so I can practice it.

Colossus is probably easier to play and once the armor up is high, the damage ramps up too.
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    @ESF great post, these are the ones we should be having!
  • Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Nah, there is a reason this guy never posted a video. Just sayin...
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    He’ll yea he’s hella funny and potential beast with max sig.

My rotation is like this.

5 hit combo.
    Consume-fury
    L1 with 2 power rate.
    Quickly climb to sp3.
    Aptitude.
    Refresh buffs ASAP with the absent buff. (Armor if you can)
    Keep an eye on power rate buffs. They’re important ones to reach sp3 in case you lose aptitude buff.
    L1 to get vigilance buff.
    L2 to get unblockable buff.

you gotta watch your buffs rotation.

Synergies
    Mr fantastic masacre (skill cosmic synergy) pauses buffs
    Heimdall Magik synergy
    (for bonus precision buff) (unique one)

Enjoy the burst damage.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    wait what this thread is back

also @lowlevelplayer thoughts?
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    I wanted to ask the sequence player use to maximize SS potential.. I just heavy to armor break opponents.. combo parry combo, sp1 or sp2.. i seldom use sp3.. maybe once in a while, im not as efficient with him.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

When someone compares Hyperion's DPS based on the number of hits, you gotta question their other analysis ...

Exactly, when Hyperion has 5 hits on his heavy and his playstyle is almost just heavy and specials, that really inflates the hit counter
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

4. Now enable your Power Rate buff. This will refresh your Armor Up and Fury buffs. Refresh by enabling the Power Rate buff as necessary -- but do not enable two Power Rate buffs at the same time. If you do, it doesn't refresh the other buffs.

When you say "do not enable two Power Rate buffs at the same time", do you mean use the heavy to activate one buff instead of using the sp1 to activate two, or not to activate a power buff while one is active?
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

When someone compares Hyperion's DPS based on the number of hits, you gotta question their other analysis ...

Exactly, when Hyperion has 5 hits on his heavy and his playstyle is almost just heavy and specials, that really inflates the hit counter
    surfer has an 8 hit SP2...
    I could argue that inflates the hit counter
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

wait what this thread is back

also @lowlevelplayer thoughts?

I think @ESF covered surfer very well.
    One thing I would say is, I usually go for the power rate buff first, because it enables me to get to sp1 faster. That changes however, if I am fighting someone like havok or going against someone with high attack.
    edit: I also use the S1 to get the double furies. I only use heavy for the power rate buff
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I recently got SS and took him to R5 but I've had this one question since getting him. Why does his SP3 say "EACH Aptitude Buff on Silver Surfer also increases the potency of his Power Rate Buffs by 25%," if he can only have a max of 1 aptitude buff (also stated in his SP3)?

Just poor wording or did I miss something and he can get more than 1 aptitude buff somehow?
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

I recently got SS and took him to R5 but I've had this one question since getting him. Why does his SP3 say "EACH Aptitude Buff on Silver Surfer also increases the potency of his Power Rate Buffs by 25%," if he can only have a max of 1 aptitude buff (also stated in his SP3)?

Just poor wording or did I miss something and he can get more than 1 aptitude buff somehow?

I think that was a last min. change, and originally he was suppose to get 2.