**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• VercingetorixVercingetorix Posts: 12
    I get that tweaking act six attack values and stuff is going to take a while. However, it seems that the changes to the champion fight are already figured out so will the champion fight be nerfed soon? Asking for a friend that sucks really bad and has been stuck on that fight for a year lol
  • StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 178
    Assuming that this post actually works, and Kabam has not put me in posting jail, the "update" looks great, for end game players mostly. What about all of us summoners who are not at the level of Seatin?? I have yet to complete act 5, let alone start act 6 yet. So, what changes are being brought to the table, so to speak, to help all of us lower game content players???? My hope is that our please have not gone unheard, and that some lower level game play changes will be coming.
    My point: Not ALL summoners are playing quest 6 or 7 yet. There are a lot of free to play summoners out here that love the game, and are waiting for changes that will help us.
    Thanks!
  • StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 178
    FineDog said:

Sure, but I've been Uncollected for awhile and I'm still struggling through 5.3. I'm not in a high performing alliance (and don't have the time to be), so I rely mostly on quest rewards to rank up, and it's not easy to get a big roster of Rank 5 or even Rank 4 champs that way. Act 6 is a long way off for me.

Totally agree with @FineDog here. I'm lvl 60, and play around in some end game content. But act 6, let alone act 7 is a way off for me yet to. What about rewards, and lower game content changes??
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Until another road map is dropped we really need to make it clear what acceptable compensation should look like for those of us who 100% act 6. For those who only did initial clear and haven't done 100% I will let kabam decide how to break that down.

I think these 3 ideas are acceptable and anything less will be met with extreme outrage.

1) If Kabam wants to go the rewards upgrade route. 1 full t5cc crystal; 50 generic 6 star sig stones

2) Just give everyone 5k units minimum for their trouble. I personally think this is the best offer.

3) A combination of both. So 2k units plus a full t5cc crystal.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    are we still talking about compensation? I cant see them compensating in any way that will satisfy most. I would not harp on the concept of compensation. We have no idea when the changes will actually be implemented but the early adopters of the content would have had months of reaping the benefits of the rewards. TBH I don't even see the attack values as being the real issue in act 6. Still going to have to play through all of those bs encounters that sprinkle in or there. Not many of them were "hard" because thy hit hard vs hard because the nodes/gates/restrictions were so limiting.

Until another road map is dropped we really need to make it clear what acceptable compensation should look like for those of us who 100% act 6. For those who only did initial clear and haven't done 100% I will let kabam decide how to break that down.

I think these 3 ideas are acceptable and anything less will be met with extreme outrage.

1) If Kabam wants to go the rewards upgrade route. 1 full t5cc crystal; 50 generic 6 star sig stones

2) Just give everyone 5k units minimum for their trouble. I personally think this is the best offer.

the rewards route is laughable. Why would they give more? Folks who did it before knew how hard it was and yet did it for those rewards. Now they want more rewards? Lol, talk about rivers of salt. While i do agree compensation is warranted, this idea is ridiculous. giving a blanket of units/ L3 or L4 consumables (which cannot expire) would be a better way to compensate.
    I don't think it is laughable. For those of us that completed act 6 100% didn't think the rewards were good enough. (I'm pretty sure that you didn't 100% act 6 which is why you're spewing such nonsense) So it would make sense that we should get catalysts because we completed content that was over tuned. Kabam gave us rewards based on content they admittedly didn't realize was that difficult so therefore misjudged the rewards and they should make it up to us period. .

I also gave another option of just giving us 4k units minimum. Which I think would be acceptable as well.

are we still talking about compensation? I cant see them compensating in any way that will satisfy most. I would not harp on the concept of compensation. We have no idea when the changes will actually be implemented but the early adopters of the content would have had months of reaping the benefits of the rewards. TBH I don't even see the attack values as being the real issue in act 6. Still going to have to play through all of those bs encounters that sprinkle in or there. Not many of them were "hard" because thy hit hard vs hard because the nodes/gates/restrictions were so limiting.

If you don't think attack values made a huge difference or not being an issue you're disconnected from the problem.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

That's how I feel. I dislike Act 6 because it restricts how I want to build my team. I think some stuff is worse for the player base than others, but for me personally, I really didn't like the gates from Day 1
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

the rewards route is laughable. Why would they give more? Folks who did it before knew how hard it was and yet did it for those rewards. Now they want more rewards? Lol, talk about rivers of salt. While i do agree compensation is warranted, this idea is ridiculous. giving a blanket of units/ L3 or L4 consumables (which cannot expire) would be a better way to compensate.
    I don't think it is laughable. For those of us that completed act 6 100% didn't think the rewards were good enough. (I'm pretty sure that you didn't 100% act 6 which is why you're spewing such nonsense) So it would make sense that we should get catalysts because we completed content that was over tuned. Kabam gave us rewards based on content they admittedly didn't realize was that difficult so therefore misjudged the rewards and they should make it up to us period. .

I also gave another option of just giving us 4k units minimum. Which I think would be acceptable as well.

I don't forsee any compensation of rewards as that would guarantee rewards for story content that are unobtainable to anyone who hasn't finished act 6 100%.

I also can't see any compensation of units but it would seem to be fair yet unfair as some spent more and some spent less.

I more expect revives and health pots which would enter our inventory and not our overflow which gives us our items for future or current content.

What i would like to see is a choose your own compensation from different options based on how much you have finished. As someone who is almost 100% all of act 6 i would like some revives and health but may not need all that is given so a combo of items and units would be my choice but unexpected.
  • Until another road map is dropped we really need to make it clear what acceptable compensation should look like for those of us who 100% act 6. For those who only did initial clear and haven't done 100% I will let kabam decide how to break that down.

Spewing nonsense? I opted for abyss over Act6 because the rewards werent worth the effort. Should I feel sorry that you chose otherwise? The units you spent on act6, I went ahead and spent on abyss. Nobody forced you to do act6, now that it is getting nerfed, you want to raise a stink about rewards? Why do it in the first place then?
    I am not disagreeing about compensation, it is warranted. This "extra rewards" though, is laughable.

Spewing nonsense? I opted for abyss over Act6 because the rewards werent worth the effort. Should I feel sorry that you chose otherwise? The units you spent on act6, I went ahead and spent on abyss. Nobody forced you to do act6, now that it is getting nerfed, you want to raise a stink about rewards? Why do it in the first place then?
    I am not disagreeing about compensation, it is warranted. This "extra rewards" though, is laughable.
    Agree to disagree, simple as that. Like I said earlier you didn't 100% act 6 which is why you have that opinion. If you miss out on extra catalysts so be it. But I'm not going to tamper my rewards request for your sake or anyone else who didn't commit to act 6.
  • Until another road map is dropped we really need to make it clear what acceptable compensation should look like for those of us who 100% act 6. For those who only did initial clear and haven't done 100% I will let kabam decide how to break that down.

Agree to disagree, simple as that. Like I said earlier you didn't 100% act 6 which is why you have that opinion. If you miss out on extra catalysts so be it. But I'm not going to tamper my rewards request for your sake or anyone else who didn't commit to act 6.
    Doesnt matter to me. Request for the moon all you like, be my guest. May you not drown in the rivers of salt.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Compensation supposed to be for stuff that you spent. Units/items that don't expire make sense. Because that's what you lost when you did Act 6 when it was hard. Not T5cc.

Compensation supposed to be for stuff that you spent. Units/items that don't expire make sense. Because that's what you lost when you did Act 6 when it was hard. Not T5cc.
    Completely agree. Any request for compensation of catalyst or crystal shards is beyond ridiculous. Compensation is about trying to make you whole again and everyone on a level playing field from where they should be. Giving extra rewards is beyond stupid.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

Doesn't really help those who already did everything if you won't compensate.

Are you referring to Act 6 or Act 2? The Act 2 rewards adjustments will only affect those that beat Act 2 very recently, but Act 6 is a different story. We still don't know what that looks like, or how/when it will be done though, which is why there isn't much information on that yet.
    so i completed Act 6.1 that's it. Will i get some compensation for just 6.1

Frosty said:

Frosty said:

We can go in circles. Act 6 wasn't properly rewarded to begin with. For those of you that haven't completed it yet you still have until Dec otherwise I think a T5CC crystal makes a lot of sense. Agree to disagree.
    How greedy can you be for asking for another t5cc? This gives a huge advantage over anyone who comes after you and never able to catch up

Asking for ridiculous compensation just gets you ignored
    How is that ridiculous? People can still do act 6 now as is, no one is stopping you and you responding to my post is just giving it more attention.

You know how Kabam could've avoided this? By listening to me 10 months ago when I said attack values are too high and the champion boss is over tuned. I literally have a post where I told Kabam they will be forced to nerf all of act 6 with where they're headed. So me asking for a t5cc is ridiculous? No, getting to this point is ridiculous so my request is mild in comparison.
    It's getting ignored by kabam. Lots of us here will gladly call you out on being crazy. Hopefully you'll realize when nobody agrees with you on this kabam will just brush off your request as everyone aside from you thinks you're asking for too much.

Go ahead and save your post about high attack values as you weren't the only one who felt the same yet still chose to push through content you felt unfair.
    So you're calling me crazy because I want a T5CC? Man you're dedicated lol.

We don't know what Kabam will do and you certainly don't speak for them so yeah, you have no authority on compensation. So all that blabber you just gave is irrelevant.

Lastly I know I wasn't the only one who said it and I never claimed to be. I'm just stating that the over tuned attack values could've been resolved to avoid a situation to where compensation is needed.
    I never claimed to have authority over compensation. I'm calling you crazy for expecting crazy compensation.

Compensation is about making the people who suffered whole again. In no way does a t5cc make you whole, it makes you better off. Giving units would be the ideal way to compensate but still leaves gaps as some spent more than others and don't think they'd look at how much each summoner spent.

Obviously if they give a t5cc as compensation I'd love it and would even come back here and thank you immediately for shooting for the moon and asking for stuff nobody else did but realistically i don't see it being any form of rank up materials or champion shards.
    Frosty said:

Frosty said:

Frosty said:

We can go in circles. Act 6 wasn't properly rewarded to begin with. For those of you that haven't completed it yet you still have until Dec otherwise I think a T5CC crystal makes a lot of sense. Agree to disagree.
    How greedy can you be for asking for another t5cc? This gives a huge advantage over anyone who comes after you and never able to catch up

How is that ridiculous? People can still do act 6 now as is, no one is stopping you and you responding to my post is just giving it more attention.

You know how Kabam could've avoided this? By listening to me 10 months ago when I said attack values are too high and the champion boss is over tuned. I literally have a post where I told Kabam they will be forced to nerf all of act 6 with where they're headed. So me asking for a t5cc is ridiculous? No, getting to this point is ridiculous so my request is mild in comparison.
    It's getting ignored by kabam. Lots of us here will gladly call you out on being crazy. Hopefully you'll realize when nobody agrees with you on this kabam will just brush off your request as everyone aside from you thinks you're asking for too much.

Go ahead and save your post about high attack values as you weren't the only one who felt the same yet still chose to push through content you felt unfair.

We don't know what Kabam will do and you certainly don't speak for them so yeah, you have no authority on compensation. So all that blabber you just gave is irrelevant.

Lastly I know I wasn't the only one who said it and I never claimed to be. I'm just stating that the over tuned attack values could've been resolved to avoid a situation to where compensation is needed.
    I never claimed to have authority over compensation. I'm calling you crazy for expecting crazy compensation.

Compensation is about making the people who suffered whole again. In no way does a t5cc make you whole, it makes you better off. Giving units would be the ideal way to compensate but still leaves gaps as some spent more than others and don't think they'd look at how much each summoner spent.

Obviously if they give a t5cc as compensation I'd love it and would even come back here and thank you immediately for shooting for the moon and asking for stuff nobody else did but realistically i don't see it being any form of rank up materials or champion shards.
    You responding negatively to my post doesn't help so I doubt you'd thank me. We know Kabam responds positively to feedback when its an overwhelming majority. You do not come to the negotiation with what you want, you aim high first so Kabam might say no to a full t5cc crystal but say hey a 25% t5cc selector maybe a reasonable middle ground. Its nice to have but not game breaking. Mainly I want the units though.

Frosty said:

Frosty said:

Frosty said:

You responding negatively to my post doesn't help so I doubt you'd thank me. We know Kabam responds positively to feedback when its an overwhelming majority. You do not come to the negotiation with what you want, you aim high first so Kabam might say no to a full t5cc crystal but say hey a 25% t5cc selector maybe a reasonable middle ground. Its nice to have but not game breaking. Mainly I want the units though.
    I'll agree that you should start high but starting with something realistic at least shows you can be taken seriously.

Everyone is entitled to ask for what they want but there most likely won't be an overwhelming majority asking for things we never lost out on for playing on hard mode. What we all lost was revives/health/boosts which should be converted to units.

We shouldn't be penalized for running content earlier than others but we also shouldn't be rewarded beyond what we lost or what others can now claim.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Frosty said:

Frosty said:

Frosty said:

That's a misnomer. Ask anyone if they want more Rewards, they're undoubtedly going to say yes. What the OP is saying is being reasonable means there are better chances at being heard.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Frosty said:

Frosty said:

Frosty said:

They can look what each summoner spent man
    They did it earlier when they refunded units and loyalty for refund if Mystic Dispersion mastery and that time the number of players was much larger but this time it’s only 1% of player base who did act6 and explored it fully. So don’t say “ they'd look at how much each summoner spent.”
    The problem here is you have no imagination of how many units spent and arguing without experiencing any such stuff. So better you wait till December and do the EASY DIFFICULTY
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    You guys are having a pointless debate. None of us have an idea what the compensation will look like, if it's ever given.

I have 100% cleared it and I'll take whatever Kabam gives. If they don't, whatever. I'm done with Act 6.

I do feel however that Kabam is going a little overboard with nerfing Act 6. I don't know, with that level of attack reduction, will Act 6 be even significantly different from 5.4?

Champion nerf is deserved as are some niche encounters like Mr Sinister and Acid Wash Mysterio. Attack reduction in 6.3 and 6.4 was needed but not to this degree.

Now the Cavalier Difficulty has got me worried. Will it be tuned in line with Act 6 difficulty in its current state or its nerfed version? I hope it's the former.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Actually the problem is there is no reasonable way they can give everything back that people used. Some used more, some less. While they may be looking at different options, we all know how Compensation goes. They'll give something, and some won't think it's enough because they used more.