**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

OMG LOL I see what you did with Silver Surfer, Kabam

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2stzbwLJQI
    Here's MSD's guide, I find it very informative and helpful.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Haji_Saab said:

When someone compares Hyperion's DPS based on the number of hits, you gotta question their other analysis ...

Don't be dense. Total hits is a short way to get a feel for what you're working with with DPS, not the only way, and I never said it was, and you know that

Characters who have a play style not built around heavies/parries, like SS, can absolutely have total hits as a metric of efficiency

How do you know Iron Patriot isn't effective? By measuring his DPS based on the fact that the kit doesn't have any DPS modifiers other than a periodic Armor Break, which means total hits is absolutely a metric of effectiveness

I don't particularly care if you agree with my assessment. But one way to measure Hyperion is through number of hits because that kit isn't the only one with multiple hits through specials and heavies, and if you understood SS's kit more you would see that

• Options
    Jcobra25 said:

Nah, there is a reason this guy never posted a video. Just sayin...

LOL My profile has a R5/200 SS on it, chief. That is all the visual proof anyone needs if they don't want to do the testing themselves. Nothing I said can't be replicated -- I literally tell people who I use for support, the rotation and where I took the kit
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    148 hits though. its ok but not crazy.
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2stzbwLJQI
    Here's MSD's guide, I find it very informative and helpful.

I like it!
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 498 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am in the camp that says Silver Surfer is a great champ to pull. Often YouTubers have the time or resources to pull a roster which features just about every champ. In those cases, the champs which have the highest pick up and play damage are considered the "best", with champs with good damage and or high utility also considered top tier. For a lot of F2P players, or mid-tier players, a champ like Surfer is a fantastic pick up. I think the other thing I notice is that if a YouTuber doesn't give a champ a spotlight video showing "god-tier" damage, then that champ tends to get looked at as mediocre. SS reminds me of champs like Rogue, Hela, Luke Cage, or Red Hulk...not the absolute best in his class, but very usable nonetheless (especially if you don't have a better option.)
  • Options
    GMAX77 said:

I am in the camp that says Silver Surfer is a great champ to pull. Often YouTubers have the time or resources to pull a roster which features just about every champ. In those cases, the champs which have the highest pick up and play damage are considered the "best", with champs with good damage and or high utility also considered top tier. For a lot of F2P players, or mid-tier players, a champ like Surfer is a fantastic pick up. I think the other thing I notice is that if a YouTuber doesn't give a champ a spotlight video showing "god-tier" damage, then that champ tends to get looked at as mediocre. SS reminds me of champs like Rogue, Hela, Luke Cage, or Red Hulk...not the absolute best in his class, but very usable nonetheless (especially if you don't have a better option.)

This is totally accurate β€” yeah, there’s characters that are better. I never said that there weren’t.

But if you pulled a Silver Surfer and duped the 5-star, and you don’t have the no-doubt options, you can still clear lots of content at the Epic/Endgame level.

It’s not the easiest, always. I never said a person could use the kit every single place.

But I personally take SS, Doctor Doom and CapIW pretty much everywhere I need to make sure I get the job done, with OG Vision, Namor, Iceman and Nova under consideration for the final two slots
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I love my Silver Surfer. He is a beast. His animations are awesome. He is a tricky champ to figure out but he's really good if u figure him out.
  • Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 β˜…β˜…
    ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

LOL My profile has a R5/200 SS on it, chief. That is all the visual proof anyone needs if they don't want to do the testing themselves. Nothing I said can't be replicated -- I literally tell people who I use for support, the rotation and where I took the kit
    Nah, video or bs...
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, video or bs...
    why do you refuse to accept that surfer is a good champ? Because he is
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, video or bs...
    I really like playing Surfer, he's good.
  • Options

Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, video or bs...
    Some people are just like that, man. No need trying to convince someone who isn’t willing to be open-minded
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @ESF nice post. I pull cosmic awakening gems falling out of bed but I don't have him (or any other cosmic champs I want to awaken). If I ever get him I'll try it out.
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I recently pulled a 5* SS and tbh I was kinda indifferent on pulling him, I have great cosmic champs and he doesn't really add anything for me but, having read through this thread and seen the videos. I'll give him some time and play him in he content where I don't need to use my "go to" champs. A big part of the game is finding the champs that you enjoy using and they aren't always the "god tier" champs.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, video or bs...
    I really like playing Surfer, he's good.
    I read this as: I really like playing Surfer, he's groot
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, video or bs...
    He's not good nor great. He's an okay champ with no real use in endgame content. Why use surfer over the top 5 or even 8 cosmics? He sucks with suicides anyways which many people run
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Not everyone wants to use suicides
  • Options
    Savage said:

Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, video or bs...
    He's not good nor great. He's an okay champ with no real use in endgame content. Why use surfer over the top 5 or even 8 cosmics? He sucks with suicides anyways which many people run
    Most people don't use suicides. I would argue that he is at least a good champ. He has small bits of utility, high energy resistance, and lots of damage
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 498 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Savage said:

Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, video or bs...
    I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I also think that a champ can still be "good" even if they are not designed for "end game". If someone has only been playing for a year or 2, and has not built up a big roster he can make a positive impact. I think that a lot of champs can still be great, even if they are not the best. Just my thoughts though.
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Savage said:

Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, video or bs...
    Most people don't use suicides. I would argue that he is at least a good champ. He has small bits of utility, high energy resistance, and lots of damage
    My point was that he could be a lot better. Give him a few synergies or one of those monthly buffs and I think he'd be amazing. But now, he's bench tier
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    GMAX77 said:

Savage said:

Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, video or bs...
    I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I also think that a champ can still be "good" even if they are not designed for "end game". If someone has only been playing for a year or 2, and has not built up a big roster he can make a positive impact. I think that a lot of champs can still be great, even if they are not the best. Just my thoughts though.
    exactly and this his how it should be. Surfer is an amazing champ for beginners. I still use him and im cav. His utility is quirky and fun.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    psp742 said:

ESF, aside from prestige, being -100% immune to frostbite, incinerate, and shock.. do you prefer using SS over other champion? Colossus comes to mind as bleed, frostbite and incinerate immune champion.. i have my 5* SS @ 3/45 sig40.. but have not gotten the sequence you mentioned down..
    do you have a video showing it.. im more visual person, need to see it, so I can practice it.

Colossus is probably easier to play and once the armor up is high, the damage ramps up too.

why bump this?
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    LSDin said:

What the OP was talking about is li dis πŸ‘‡πŸΌ (click the image to watch the Video) .. pretty much kept multiple buffs up on Silver Surfer the whole time πŸ€™πŸΌπŸ€™πŸΌ

https://youtu.be/7bZxUntBRGs

It took my Hyperion 90 seconds to defeat WS and it was 94 hits
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Also I don’t run suicides if I did that fight would have been much more faster and way less hits
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Haji_Saab said:

When someone compares Hyperion's DPS based on the number of hits, you gotta question their other analysis ...

Exactly, when Hyperion has 5 hits on his heavy and his playstyle is almost just heavy and specials, that really inflates the hit counter
    surfer has an 8 hit SP2...
    I could argue that inflates the hit counter
    Not as much as Hyperion heavy does. 2 heavies is already more than one surfer sp2. And Hyperion only uses heavies pretty much.

And when you compare the times, surfer takes 3-4 mins to do it. Hyperion can do it in just over a minute. That’s a better gauge of how good a champ is. Not hits.
    this is my problem with the game. If someone isn’t on the same level as the best champ, it’s a disappointing pull. If people acknowledged that you do the same things with different champs, but it will just take longer.

But no, if it’s not Corvus or Ghost or Quake it’s not a great pull.