**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW TILE 23 with Tunnel Vision + Oscillate + Aggression Fury ??!?!

GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
From Tier 6 Alliance

The combination of Tunnel Vision + Oscillate + Aggression Fury makes this node so annoying (invisible woman in this TILE)....Don't know what to do....We lost at least 6 champions at this node by far.... :(

PS: I don't know if it is just my feeling...it seems that the new AW nodes are far more difficult than before... is it necessary to make it such potion/revives-consuming???!

Comments

• MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    MLM combos or MH if they’re 1/5 limber. There’s no limber node so you can parry, just be aware that you’re likely to be baiting lots of SP1. If they’re a flow defender make sure you don’t crit them just before they go defensive or you will eat an SP3.

Tunnel Vision is a bit of a pain. You’ll come across it in later Act 6, so if you don’t have many members who’ve gone through it yet it might be a bit of a rude awakening.

If you have time on the clock you can parry LL and dash back. Let willpower heal you up a bit. Parry and whiff your attack then carry on as you normally would against this node.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

MLM combos or MH if they’re 1/5 limber. There’s no limber node so you can parry, just be aware that you’re likely to be baiting lots of SP1. If they’re a flow defender make sure you don’t crit them just before they go defensive or you will eat an SP3.

Tunnel Vision is a bit of a pain. You’ll come across it in later Act 6, so if you don’t have many members who’ve gone through it yet it might be a bit of a rude awakening.

If you have time on the clock you can parry LL and dash back. Let willpower heal you up a bit. Parry and whiff your attack then carry on as you normally would against this node.

How can you make sure you don’t crit them lol crit is random, the only way you can make sure you don’t is if you just stop attacking when it’s close to switching to defensive but even then all the block damage you’ll be taking when you do crit them and have to parry to get rid of the passive power gain when the defender is aggressive
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Mauled said:

Can't keep Parrying though with aggressive fury. Since you're still going to take damage. And the fury will just build during oscillate. If even one parry gets missed, you'll probably lose 20+% health. Also, can't do that against Fury. Champs that need reparry will also be another pain. Or Doom since he can convert the dex to shock. It's just a weird node that shouldn't be there in war. And if the Global is stubborn, can't even intercept. I mean you can to reduce fury before Parrying, but it's just unneeded block damage before he reaches another special.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Thing would prob be good against her, he's basically immune to the node
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,170 ★★★★★
    Nick’s fury
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited June 2020

Why even try find a solution? When the real solution is use items. And use units on expensive Pots....

That's not always the solution though as others have shared. Plus finding other solutions will help for other people that get stuck there.
  • VerreauxVerreaux Posts: 40
    It's definitely way too much, so much that I think it will be a perfectly valid tactic to have one guy dedicated to bringing Electro and Heimdall just for this node.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Siliyo said:

Putting oscillate and aggression: fury was stupid, to say the least on the dev’s part. When Oscillate is on Armor mode, the defender turtles up causing aggression fury to go out of control. Then you’re limited to how many furies you take down because of tunnel vision. It’s ridiculous. This better be part of the reason the AW dev diary is being postponed.

exactly...what a painful experience....
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

Thing would prob be good against her, he's basically immune to the node

Yup. with oscillate you only need a few agg. furies to have protection trigger all the time
  • ChrisMyLifeAwayChrisMyLifeAway Posts: 6
    5/65 Korg there just shrugs off the parry and one 4/5 combo, you’re dead. It’s too much.
  • MiraminiMiramini Posts: 18
    The alliance my team is versing put a Thing on that node. Safe to say that fight was not fun. Trying to manage rock stacks on top of Oscillate/Falter/Aggression Fury is not fun if you don’t have an unstoppable counter. I got one shot by a 76K medium at full health lol.

And my alliance isn’t in high tier war either. I think we finished Silver 2 last season. Might need a touch of toning down. Just my opinion though! ☺️
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Aaronk90 said:

One of the biggest problems I have is how passive the AI plays when the oscillate node switches to armor. Thankfully we only had Cull Obsidian there this time, but when it inevitably is Nick Fury, Domino (who we placed and has already gotten two kills while basically taking no damage, IMIW, or a lengthy list of other champs that will be terrible there, this is going to be a miserable experience. The worst part though, is that this node is unavoidable. At least when a stacked IMIW was on the middle aggressive: fury node with flow as the defense tactic, the option was there to skip it and continue on with the map. This option doesn’t exist on this map. You either power through that node, or your bg’s exploration ends there.

I think that was the point of re design, to stop completing the map without going through the nodes. The old map had links to mini boss, so if you need to finish the map, you need to take down the links. Then they changed and may be saw people skipping the middle node altogether, getting only one node down, opens up the map. Hence, this design of having a single path to progress.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I placed an ebony maw there he also wreaked havoc
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    we lost 6 champs on IMIW on that path as well
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    linux said:

Nick Fury seems like he'd work -- if you set it up so you have unblockable via 15-19 tactical charges, you can even avoid aggression fury during the oscillate armor phase.

Yep he would definitely work but problem is that there is another layer in Flow global which would probably kill him easily.

That's the biggest issue in this war IMO. There is too many layers stacked on top of one another. There is no chance that this much node and champ combinations wouldn't create some imbalance.

First we have abilities of defenders, on top of it nodes like this 23 for example and on top of that more and more difficult globals.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

The best way I found to counter it was to not do AW

Comments like these make me wish that I could click on more than 1 emoticon: a like, awesome and lol would have been given.

I haven’t played AW seriously for a while (years?) and it still doesn’t sound fun enough to pick it up again.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Why would someone place a parry-able defender there? Try fighting a Korg or Nick Fury or something on there, combined with the agression fury, etc. You can't bait heavies either as taking two blocked hits in a row triggers falter.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    My Korg that only *5 R4 on node 23, kill 18 enemies and still has 30% left...

I think kabam should re think about this node.