**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Ebb and flow - knock down

Introduction of new AW map is gaining mixed response from the community... Personally i feel like most of the nodes are manageable except 'Ebb and flow'...
Combined with some defenders, it becomes almost impossible..
Since i have fought only 'knock down' one yet, here's what i think can be done to improve it a lil bit... @Kabam Miike
If the protection expires on the first hit of the heavy attack and attacker gains fury at the same time(rather than at the end of the heavy), it'll be a lot better to handle...
I'm still to fight the 'intercept' one but i think it'd be a better because we can do a full combo with fury after intercepting.
Thoughts???

Comments

• nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    I have just had a Hyperion on ebb& flow knock down. I just knocked him down with a special but did not receive a fury in return? Working as as intended.?
  • Blizzard28Blizzard28 Posts: 90

Dude you must of had a diablo, try a fight against Darkhawk and see what happens.....

I faced annihilus and miles... Even fighting against darkhawk would be a bit easy if the suggestion i gave above is implemented
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    nolcuN said:

I have just had a Hyperion on ebb& flow knock down. I just knocked him down with a special but did not receive a fury in return? Working as as intended.?

I tried that, and noticed that the fury doesn't refresh when knocking them down while it's active
  • Blizzard28Blizzard28 Posts: 90

nolcuN said:

I tried that, and noticed that the fury doesn't refresh when knocking them down while it's active
    I think it is intended to work like that only
  • Mase1127Mase1127 Posts: 60 ★★
    Gmonkey said:

I wondered if special intercept would work or not.

It does not. I tried this yesterday. Both of these nodes are absolutely horrid. They go back to what we have been complaining about in the massive feedback thread... More nodes that require a very small subset of champion counters. It is not skill based whatsoever. When you just place Thor Rag and Nova on intercept, your intercept skills are irrelevant. This is literally the opposite of what we asked for, more skill based encounters, not niche champ counters. And how about the fact Nick Fury doesn't degen in his 2nd life due to the protection? Test much?

It's things like this that show how little the dev team thinks these things through or plays the game at a high level. When I saw these nodes I instantly knew who to place to screw the other side over. We are in P4 so basically middle class MCOC in AW. Rewards barely got a bump (an additional 1k 6* shards? Did you see the % bump the higher tiers got?) and are still terrible for our level compared to what war requires. Now they have made the map worse. We are going to lose even more people to retirement.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★

Introduction of new AW map is gaining mixed response from the community... Personally i feel like most of the nodes are manageable except 'Ebb and flow'...
    Combined with some defenders, it becomes almost impossible..
    Since i have fought only 'knock down' one yet, here's what i think can be done to improve it a lil bit... @Kabam Miike
    If the protection expires on the first hit of the heavy attack and attacker gains fury at the same time(rather than at the end of the heavy), it'll be a lot better to handle...
    I'm still to fight the 'intercept' one but i think it'd be a better because we can do a full combo with fury after intercepting.
    Thoughts???

Its getting mixed response?

Funny coz i have only seen bad response to it. For it to be mixed it needs to have good response too.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Had IMIW. Was a pain. Also considering he wouldnt use his specials smh
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    For me domino was pain. Difficult to intercept.
    Then there was korg. Freaking night mare.
    U knock him down. And rock shield charges restores him.
    War supposed to become stress less .
    But it became extremely stressful.
    Will quit war altogether.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I've noticed special 3s don't count as knocking someone down? At least it didn't in this recent match I had with SS
  • noynoy Posts: 56
    kfd2010 said:

I've noticed special 3s don't count as knocking someone down? At least it didn't in this recent match I had with SS

Send in a ticket please. I sent in a ticket WITH a video showing that the protection shield wasn't removed after an S3 and their response was "no one else has mentioned this so we'll have to collect more information." They want proof, I give them proof. And they still don't believe me smh
  • MastroDisastrosMastroDisastros Posts: 41
    Havok is apparently a great counter for this node

Versus R5 Darkhawk:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhuPiHqQ0MM

I'll probably upload more videos with various possible counters in the future, so far I have a video using Wasp and a video using Ghost on ebb and flow knock down and also one more with Havok vs Mister Sinister which is tricky due to flow