**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

OMG LOL I see what you did with Silver Surfer, Kabam

124»

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

When someone compares Hyperion's DPS based on the number of hits, you gotta question their other analysis ...

Exactly, when Hyperion has 5 hits on his heavy and his playstyle is almost just heavy and specials, that really inflates the hit counter
    surfer has an 8 hit SP2...
    I could argue that inflates the hit counter
    Not as much as Hyperion heavy does. 2 heavies is already more than one surfer sp2. And Hyperion only uses heavies pretty much.

And when you compare the times, surfer takes 3-4 mins to do it. Hyperion can do it in just over a minute. That’s a better gauge of how good a champ is. Not hits.
    this is my problem with the game. If someone isn’t on the same level as the best champ, it’s a disappointing pull. If people acknowledged that you do the same things with different champs, but it will just take longer.

But no, if it’s not Corvus or Ghost or Quake it’s not a great pull.
    Idk why people think like that there are a lot of great champs, like SS is a great champ people just want ghost, Corvus or quake. I have ghost and quake I barely use them I prefer other champs in my roster. When people open up to trying other champs they’ll see how great some of these champs are.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

Haji_Saab said:

When someone compares Hyperion's DPS based on the number of hits, you gotta question their other analysis ...

Exactly, when Hyperion has 5 hits on his heavy and his playstyle is almost just heavy and specials, that really inflates the hit counter
    Not as much as Hyperion heavy does. 2 heavies is already more than one surfer sp2. And Hyperion only uses heavies pretty much.

And when you compare the times, surfer takes 3-4 mins to do it. Hyperion can do it in just over a minute. That’s a better gauge of how good a champ is. Not hits.
    this is my problem with the game. If someone isn’t on the same level as the best champ, it’s a disappointing pull. If people acknowledged that you do the same things with different champs, but it will just take longer.

Spidey you have a 4/55 quake in game and you are preaching about bad pulls? Get out of here
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

Haji_Saab said:

Spidey you have a 4/55 quake in game and you are preaching about bad pulls? Get out of here
    I have a 5* doom. I also have an awakened civil warrior, a diablo, cyclops, drax.......
    Just because someone has a good pull doesn't mean that their luck is good
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

Haji_Saab said:

and I paid for that by pulling both cyclopses back to back.

I’m just saying if a champ they pull isn’t great, they are disappointed.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Hey @ESF

I've always rated your opinions, particularly since your CAIW breakdown. If I had Silver Surfer, I'd try him out.

Two things (requests, really!)

1 - It's really easy to make videos, and I'd love to see some of your gameplay. Google Play has a built-in recorder; and some phones have them already built in. Or just download a different video capture App. There's loads - the Google Play app is a bit low-resolution, so it's okay for recording Bugs, but not great for creating proper YouTube content.

Login to Youtube, and it's really easy to upload videos. I'm not that Tech-savvy either; but can create very basic videos on an old phone with pretty little effort and Google Play:
    https://youtu.be/7wyuxmK25dY

2 - There are a couple of new champs I think aren't getting the attention they deserve. If you pull a 5/6* Tigra, Storm X, or Sorcerer Supreme, promise us you'll do a breakdown?

Hey @ESF

I've always rated your opinions, particularly since your CAIW breakdown. If I had Silver Surfer, I'd try him out.

Two things (requests, really!)

1 - It's really easy to make videos, and I'd love to see some of your gameplay. Google Play has a built-in recorder; and some phones have them already built in. Or just download a different video capture App. There's loads - the Google Play app is a bit low-resolution, so it's okay for recording Bugs, but not great for creating proper YouTube content.

Login to Youtube, and it's really easy to upload videos. I'm not that Tech-savvy either; but can create very basic videos on an old phone with pretty little effort and Google Play:
    https://youtu.be/7wyuxmK25dY

2 - There are a couple of new champs I think aren't getting the attention they deserve. If you pull a 5/6* Tigra, Storm X, or Sorcerer Supreme, promise us you'll do a breakdown?

this is a +1
  • AgentRocker2112AgentRocker2112 Posts: 28
    I pulled a 6 Star Silver Surfer and I use him on my quest team with Doom and Omega. He is fun to play, and a very solid champ. @ESF your evaluations are on point.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    The problem is his power cosmic buff's cooldown take too long in my opinion, if they could reduce it to 5-6 second then that could make his ramp up much much faster
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    @slacker the Dr Strange/Hulk synergy does that
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    The problem with Silver Surfer is that there’s no payoff in playing him perfectly, no big damage, no worthwhile utility.

Unless your just going for fun or he’s one of your only champions why use him over any of the other cosmics that out damage him, have more utility and demand less? Atleast with champions like Hela or Promixa you get something for jumping through the loops.

Unless he gets a stat buff, he’ll always be Phoenix and Sentry tier to me. Fun champs, but who really uses them outside of just having fun. I say all this while admitting he is fun to play every once in a while, but he gets old quick to the point that it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. He also needs max sig to be remotely interesting along with being paired with Strange or Hulk.

Lastly in my opinion comparing him to Night Thrasher perfectly exemplifies exactly why SS is such a let down. Night “trasher” is a champion that really deserves the title underrated, not SS when SS is miles below NT.
    Drake said:

Hype is the better champ against RoL WS. Or any fight where you need poison immunity. Or any fight where you can only use heavy attacks. SS is the better champ if you need shock, incinerate, or cold immunities. Or any fight where you need to armor break. Or any fight where baiting specials is tricky.

They stopped making champs that fit on a straight curve a couple years ago. How can you *really* tell which of these people don't have any idea what they're talking about? They make declarative statements like "Hyperion is better than Surfer." No he's not. He's better than Surfer on the fights you choose to focus on. I have both as maxed 5 stars and I can honestly say I use SS probably 5 or 10 times as often as Hype. You not knowing how to use him doesn't make him bench tier. Iron Patriot is bench tier. You can say he's not top 5 Cosmic. But when you call him "bench tier" or "useless" you just sound like a certain someone who constantly uses words like "biggest" "greatest" "worst" or "strongest" to describe every single situation without any real consideration of scale. SS isn't better than Corvus, so he's bench tier apparently. No, he's a well-above-average champ with some solid utility that takes some learning beyond "spam heavies" to get something out of. SS being bench tier is one of the least informed things I've seen on these forums in a while.

no one says Iron Patriot is top 5 cosmic because he’s not cosmic
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

GMAX77 said:

Savage said:

Jcobra25 said:

ESF said:

Jcobra25 said:

Nah, there is a reason this guy never posted a video. Just sayin...

LOL My profile has a R5/200 SS on it, chief. That is all the visual proof anyone needs if they don't want to do the testing themselves. Nothing I said can't be replicated -- I literally tell people who I use for support, the rotation and where I took the kit
    Nah, video or bs...
    why do you refuse to accept that surfer is a good champ? Because he is
    He's not good nor great. He's an okay champ with no real use in endgame content. Why use surfer over the top 5 or even 8 cosmics? He sucks with suicides anyways which many people run
    I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I also think that a champ can still be "good" even if they are not designed for "end game". If someone has only been playing for a year or 2, and has not built up a big roster he can make a positive impact. I think that a lot of champs can still be great, even if they are not the best. Just my thoughts though.
    exactly and this his how it should be. Surfer is an amazing champ for beginners. I still use him and im cav. His utility is quirky and fun.
    With content like Act 7 and Summer of Pain around the corner, do you really think it's afor a champion to serve only for beginners?
    Lunae said:

Drake said:

Hype is the better champ against RoL WS. Or any fight where you need poison immunity. Or any fight where you can only use heavy attacks. SS is the better champ if you need shock, incinerate, or cold immunities. Or any fight where you need to armor break. Or any fight where baiting specials is tricky.

They stopped making champs that fit on a straight curve a couple years ago. How can you *really* tell which of these people don't have any idea what they're talking about? They make declarative statements like "Hyperion is better than Surfer." No he's not. He's better than Surfer on the fights you choose to focus on. I have both as maxed 5 stars and I can honestly say I use SS probably 5 or 10 times as often as Hype. You not knowing how to use him doesn't make him bench tier. Iron Patriot is bench tier. You can say he's not top 5 Cosmic. But when you call him "bench tier" or "useless" you just sound like a certain someone who constantly uses words like "biggest" "greatest" "worst" or "strongest" to describe every single situation without any real consideration of scale. SS isn't better than Corvus, so he's bench tier apparently. No, he's a well-above-average champ with some solid utility that takes some learning beyond "spam heavies" to get something out of. SS being bench tier is one of the least informed things I've seen on these forums in a while.

This post is such a reach. So SS has armor breaks plus incinerate, shock and cold snap “resistance” and a timed phase on his heavy that heavily impacts his rotation to the point
    of neutering his already lackluster damage if misused and suddenly hes on par with Hyperion.

Hyperion is so much better then SS I have no clue how you can even say people “don’t have any idea what they’re talking about”. Hyperion has regen, powergain, poison immunity, incinerates and armor breaks, but Hyperions suddenly niche because of SS. The amount of work Hyperion puts in act 6 alone leaves SS in shame by comparison. Corvus has bleed immunity, shock immunity, cold snap immunity on top of frost bite immunity lol and an armor break on his parry. MCU Captain Marvel has armor breaks and indestructible which might as well be an actual immunity at the speed she ends fights.

All these champs can definitively be said to be better then SS all the while easily out damaging him for a lot less and being just as fun. Trying to say these champs are only good in select fights then roping them in with SS is ridiculous when the number of good fights they have strongly out weight the number of “good” fights SS has. SS having armor breaks carries no weight when a champion like Hela even has an armor break on her sp2 and can still out damage him. If your using SS for his armor breaks your only using him for his armor breaks and not his pseudo immunities and if your using him for his pseudo immmunites then your only using him for that and not his armor breaks. How many fight do you actually need both for? That’s niche. Try using SS against Human Torch or Mephisto cosmpared to Night “trasher”.

People get into such a huff over tier list, but within the cosmic class at the very least it can be broken down into 3 tiers. Meme, niche and “god” tier or whatever other word people choice to use. Hyperion, Corvus, MCU Marvel and even a champ like Medusa do not fit into niche, but Surfer clearly does and this wouldn't be a problem if the game was only comprised of cosmic champs, but it’s not.

If you want to create some narrative where SS is suddenly a worthwhile champ fine, but it would be cruel to recommend him as high rank up to any player for any other reason then prestige. If players liked ranking up champions for niche situations then an argument could be made, but this clearly isn’t the case evident by the communities out cry against act 6. The amount of people that would happily rank SS for a handful of paths in act 6 has to be abysmal that it would be legitimately bad advice to upsell him compared to champions like Hyperion. Most players only have him ranked for his prestige and when playing at that level they should have a rounded enough roster that they still wouldn’t use him outside of just for fun because theyd have way better options from all the classes and not just cosmic.

Where does SS fit on anyones roster outside luxury or as absolute necessity from limited options? This is his biggest design flaw one the designers continue to make and one that will leave SS needing a rework by comparison to future champs. If he was released years ago then he would of had his place and an excuse could be made, but compared with the champions released the same year as him, nope sorry.
    The fact you got that many disagrees is disgraceful. Everything you said about the champion is true. I don't get why the "Silver Surfer Fan Club" just can't get the message. If they were truly Silver Surfer fans they'd totally be up for a buff and think lowly of the champ.