**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanks for making it so we'd get something 'useful' from Abyss, and then still making it RNG.

TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
Got absolutely nothing of value. 10 Mutants that are close to garbage and no good options.

Cyclops, Cyclops, Magneto, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Beast, Mr Sinister, Bishop, Cable, and Emma....

Maybe one of the magneto's is getting a buff, but I don't know which one. And Emma is like.. kind of OK.. but not worth my materials.

The wait goes on. Abyss was still useless.

Thanks for nothing.

Comments

• MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Who did you pick?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Emma is amazing
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    ....but you pick your Class.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Djrb said:

There are over 20 mutant champs in the base pool. I never would have gone for a mutant champ. Too many risks. It’s one of the main reasons I went for mystic. Smaller pool, better odds.

Mutant has far more top tier champs than pretty much every class though. Even if you don't get the exact champ you're after, odds are you'll get someone worthwhile. (Emma is absolutely worthwhile BTW)
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Emma is a beast, my alliance mate has a duped one at r3 and he says she’s an MVP for Act 6 exploration. It is pretty unfortunate to get both Cyclopses and both Magnetos though so you have some sympathy from me but not a lot.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I will explore Abyss tomorrow and there is one thing I would like to know beforehand. Can I open the t5cc before opening nexus crystal or I have to open nexus crystal first then t5cc next? Anyone can give me answers? Thanks in advance.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    GOTG said:

I will explore Abyss tomorrow and there is one thing I would like to know beforehand. Can I open the t5cc before opening nexus crystal or I have to open nexus crystal first then t5cc next? Anyone can give me answers? Thanks in advance.

You get the nexus through the mail, atleast that's what the devs told on a stream
    edited June 2020
    Pratham02 said:

GOTG said:

You get the nexus through the mail, atleast that's what the devs told on a stream
    No, people that finished it before the change got it through the mail. People completing it now will get it just like the t5c selector in 6.4. You will have to select the class as soon as you finish the content prior to opening anything else
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I want Emma
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

Pratham02 said:

GOTG said:

No, people that finished it before the change got it through the mail. People completing it now will get it just like the t5c selector in 6.4. You will have to select the class as soon as you finish the content prior to opening anything else
    So I will have to open nexus crystal first? Knowing it beforehand helps. Thanks.

Pratham02 said:

GOTG said:

That's so bad,
    Without even knowing which t5cc we will get, how can one decide to opt for which class nexus.
    It should come to mail for all people.
    Chosing based on t5c is a terrible idea honestly. Smartest play is going for a champ you want to invest long term in no matter what as it's the best chance you'll ever get to get them. You'll get the t5c eventually no matter what
    GOTG said:

Pratham02 said:

GOTG said:

So I will have to open nexus crystal first? Knowing it beforehand helps. Thanks.
    You'll have to choose the class first but not necessarily open the crystal. Once you choose the class you can technically leave the crystal in your inventory indefinitely until someone you want is in that basic pool
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    I picked OG Magneto, hoping for a decent buff honestly.

I get Emma isn't the worst champ, but she is not someone I am excited to R3, and I have an AG and T5CC ready. The idea behind these crystals is for people to be excited about a champ for a change, because the pool is so dilute. There were 4 champs I would have been happy with (Omega, Colossus, Sunspot, Namor) and unfortunately did not get any of them.

I am not really here to whine, just pointing out that if Kabam really wanted to update rewards to make sure we got something we'd be happy with, they shouldn't have put it behind RNG once again. There are probably sets of 10 even worse than what I got, and that just sucks for people.

The goal here was to make Abyss rewards more exciting, and to make sure people got a champ they would be excited to use their abyss rewards on. Some did, but still some did not.

So the 100% abyss rewards continue sitting to wait until I can actually pull a worthy champion out of the ocean of trash.

Someday...
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Treinin said:

I get Emma isn't the worst champ, but she is not someone I am excited to R3, and I have an AG and T5CC ready. The idea behind these crystals is for people to be excited about a champ for a change, because the pool is so dilute. There were 4 champs I would have been happy with (Omega, Colossus, Sunspot, Namor) and unfortunately did not get any of them.

I am not really here to whine, just pointing out that if Kabam really wanted to update rewards to make sure we got something we'd be happy with, they shouldn't have put it behind RNG once again. There are probably sets of 10 even worse than what I got, and that just sucks for people.

The goal here was to make Abyss rewards more exciting, and to make sure people got a champ they would be excited to use their abyss rewards on. Some did, but still some did not.

So the 100% abyss rewards continue sitting to wait until I can actually pull a worthy champion out of the ocean of trash.

Someday...

What do you suggest they do then? They're not going to let you straight-out choose a character. This is pretty much the closest thing to that we're ever going to get.

Its called RNG. Just because you beat one piece of content doesn't mean you can choose any champion in the game.
    You completed Abyss before this crystal even existed I'm guessing. The basis of this game is RNG you picked a class with a large amount of champions, there are 23 champions in mutant, that means about 40% chance of the champion you want.

Magneto is about to get a huge rework. Emma is a bloody good champion. Sinister is reasonably useful.

Yes, it may not be the Sunspot, Domino or OR I'm guessing you were looking for, but had they not buffed the rewards, you'd have 15k shards to potentially pull a 6* miles, or angela, or any of the other trash champions in the 6* pool.

You're lucky you've finished it now. Imagine the people doing it in a year.. with 12 new champions, plus the introduction of older trash champions from the 5* pool, those olds of pulling the 1 or 2 champions you're desperately searching for will drop massively.

Last I checked people are entitled to be unhappy with their pulls. I picked Magneto, and I am hopeful he will be good in future, but I reserve the right to be annoyed I don't have something immediately game-changing for me.

I just don't find Emma fun to play personally. I know she is good, and maybe I will regret not picking her when I see the Magneto re-work, but I don't find her fun to play. Would have much rather had Sunspot, Omega, Namor or Colossus.

I just wanted to vent a bit because I was so excited for the crystal, and then so crushed by the results.

I'm already basically over it =)

Treinin said:

Someday...

What do you suggest they do then? They're not going to let you straight-out choose a character. This is pretty much the closest thing to that we're ever going to get.
    Maybe have the community vote on the top 3 champs from each class, and make something like the anniversary crystal they had a couple years back? Don't let you choose from the 3, but make it so you are just pulling a random one of the "top" champs for that class, and filter out the trash.