**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Map 4 AQ silver surfer ideas?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
So I’m AQ I’ve been able to take out minibosses before, I’ve been doing map 2/3 for ages and have recently joined an alliance in which I do map 4. I’ve previously been able to solo 2 Corvus minis so I know that it’s not a situation of I’m not good enough for map 4.

However this silver surfer miniboss has been wrecking me over the past 2 days. I’ve gone for the nullify everything BWCV approach and I’ve today gone for the if you can’t beat em join em approach and ran Silver Surfer to try and out-buff him sort of. Neither have worked.

I’m not asking for a nerf or change, it’s doable and I’m fine with it. But does anyone have any suggestions? I’m thinking Dr Doom, anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 533 ★★★
    Power control champs work well for him. Magik, Doom, Voodoo. Sym Supreme would do work on him I imagine. I also use BWCV and just stay on poison curse. Chain special 2’s to keep his power reasonable, and then switch to hellfire to finish him. AA works pretty well for me as well.
  • Options
    FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    He took me by surprise too, I’m using void now and that goes really well

I think you want energy resistant champs if nullifying doesn’t work for you, cap iw would be perfect. I don’t have any experience with doom, but since he is a mystic, he would probably be good

Maybe duel silver surfer a couple of times, see what champion handles him the best for you
  • Options
    NR174NR174 Posts: 2
    Sym supreme play sensibly to get to sp3 and then it’s game over. You may have to tank surfers sp3 but sym does that with everything up after sp3.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Remove/prevent buffs -
    Dr Voodoo
    Dr Strange
    Mephisto
    Symbiote Supreme
    Dr Doom
    BWCV

Punish buffs -
    Ronan (Awakened)

Out-buff (to get the Power from Rich get Richer) -
    Venom (also, spam SP1 to remove his buffs)

Power Control - various

Of those above, I don't have most, but find Ronan effective. If I don't get to him first, then most times I see people using BWCV against him.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I use voodoo with 3/4 points in MD. Bait specials until you get to SP1 and the fight usually goes smoothly from there
  • Options
    SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    Venom works easy and have you read this about his strengths & weakness

https://www.dunres.sk/mcoc/champions/silver-surfer/

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Remove/prevent buffs -
    Dr Voodoo
    Dr Strange
    Mephisto
    Symbiote Supreme
    Dr Doom
    BWCV

Punish buffs -
    Ronan (Awakened)

Out-buff (to get the Power from Rich get Richer) -
    Venom (also, spam SP1 to remove his buffs)

Power Control - various

Of those above, I don't have most, but find Ronan effective. If I don't get to him first, then most times I see people using BWCV against him.

Angela can "outbuff" as well. I've used her to solo him on a few occasions.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I just tried doom this morning, it was a flop. The AI was so passive that I couldn't play doom right. He just sat there holding block until he was at SP3. Maybe I was unlucky. Maybe I just suck at the game. Theoretically, he should work though
  • Options
    MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139
    I generally solo him with venom. Venom om noms his buffs and gains power because he has more buffs than the surfer so easy fight
  • Options

I just tried doom this morning, it was a flop. The AI was so passive that I couldn't play doom right. He just sat there holding block until he was at SP3. Maybe I was unlucky. Maybe I just suck at the game. Theoretically, he should work though

I think doom would help silver surfer actually increase his damage output as shock will give 0 damage and give him an ability buff

• Options

I think doom would help silver surfer actually increase his damage output as shock will give 0 damage and give him an ability buff

is that why? I'm pretty sure the incinerates would also help him then
  • Options
    edited June 2020

is that why? I'm pretty sure the incinerates would also help him then
    Yes they would
    Well I think they would but I’ve never used doom against him
    https://www.dunres.sk/mcoc/champions/silver-surfer/
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    I find AA the easiest to beat him. Once neurotoxin kicks in, he goes down quick.
  • Options
    WatThaPhoWatThaPho Posts: 1
    Since we talking about silver surfer. We been doing level 4 map for quest. Every time we fight silver surfer and when he uses special 3, we get booted out of game. Get back in game and he’s back to full health and we lost half health. Happens every time. Does anyone have this same problem? I have reported to kabam, it’s still not fixed.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    You should have had no problem with the BWCV approach, just use her on poison mode to maintain control over silver surfer's power.
  • Options
    WatThaPho said:

Since we talking about silver surfer. We been doing level 4 map for quest. Every time we fight silver surfer and when he uses special 3, we get booted out of game. Get back in game and he’s back to full health and we lost half health. Happens every time. Does anyone have this same problem? I have reported to kabam, it’s still not fixed.

that doesn't happen to me. Maybe its your device
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    I’ve used symbiote supreme. At the start of the fight, dex and wait so that rich get richer gives you power. Drop an sp3, then do 2 sp2s, and the fight is over.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think you also have to balance your aggressiveness and baiting specials. If you use a power controller like magik or voodoo and need to get sp2, you have to attack to get sp2 but also bait specials. You really have to manage it really well, or else you get boomed
  • Options

You should have had no problem with the BWCV approach, just use her on poison mode to maintain control over silver surfer's power.

He just wouldn’t throw specials and I didn’t manage to get to L2 before he got to L3 and wrecked me
  • Options
    TP33 said:

He just wouldn’t throw specials and I didn’t manage to get to L2 before he got to L3 and wrecked me
    Do you not run mystic dispersion?
  • Options
    Matty_Ice said:

TP33 said:

Do you not run mystic dispersion?
    Yeah but only 1/2 points
  • Options
    Gotcha. Running more will make her a lot better overall. Sometimes I mess up and gain too much power and push myself to L3 on accident.
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    He is the worst one by far. I went down to a map 4 alliance in off season from rubbing map 6/7 so i could do some act 6. I was amazed by how tough that would be for most people with limited rosters. I used my dr strange but all the other counters above are much better than him.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Symbiote Supreme. Get to Sp3, drop it, watch the melt.

Dr. Zola