Game Down [06/28]

Comments

• RotellyRotelly Posts: 591 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    And the tickets that were used for AQ
  • DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 2,059 ★★★★

I'm talking to folks about the timing of the inconvenience this put on everyone. Hope to have more information tomorrow.

if we've lost our multiplier, its affected the whole weeks score along with today's. Please adjust the multiplier and scores for 100% completion. AW isnt as bad as it's off season.. But AQ isn't, depending on time zone some alliances have now been given a massive advantage from starting times being delayed to the lack of completion.

I know it wasnt planned but something needs to be done to correct scores and multipliers
  • Smashing123Smashing123 Posts: 36
    Again, why not 30min timers? And can we get an explanation of logic behind starting aq with 3 energy instead of 5.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 2,574 ★★★★
    Are AQ had only 3 hours left and Had yet the boss to beat and also we were behind in completing are war by a bit and now the maintenance caused us to have a incompleted aq and a loss in are aw

This is how close we were to completing.. every point matters.
    TJ82 said:

Just a question, would be great if this can be explained:
    - Almost everytime we see these unexpected maintenance in last few hrs of AQ and AW? Any particular reason? (I remember only one maintenance which almost ran entire day, not happening during this usual time)
    - Another common issue of these maintenance (based on my memory, I might be wrong about it) is that it happens when AQ is on and so does attack phase of AW.

Is it due to pressure on server in last hrs with many logging in to clear content? If yes, and known to Kabam, what is being done to address this issue?

It's also a peek crossover time most US zones waking up, with EU / UK time zones getting off work - couple hours either way and one half is asleep, the other half at work
  • T31T31 Posts: 9
    That is some B.S at the end of AQ n AW. It has to stop or NOT worth playing anymore.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 2,574 ★★★★
    Just chill they are doing their best
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 409 ★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Just chill they are doing their best

Their “best” and a token will get you a ride on the subway
  • T31T31 Posts: 9
    Chill AW sucks and we maybe quitting it altogether and only do AQ then we get emergency Maintenance at the end so now our rewards won’t hit the 110million rewards we usually hit but I should chill. I spend a decent amount on this game also. This is happening too often

I'm talking to folks about the timing of the inconvenience this put on everyone. Hope to have more information tomorrow.

I'm confused. Shouldn't the inconvenient nature of this be immediately apparent by just looking at the clock?

Maybe I'm just getting you wrong here, but that sounds as if the team actually needs someone to tell them that the timing of this was extremely inconvenient, which would be rather weird.

What the team should actually be talking about at this point is a streamlined compensation package for whenever this happens, which is frequent enough to warrant the time needed to come up with such a package.

If fixing it is too complicated at this time, we do understand that you've got a lot of stuff to manage right now, then at least try to find a bandaid that will actually stick.
    I dont care about compensation - what I want is to see our AQ score corrected to where it should be - As long as we're 100% with the correct multiplier, score and prestige as if the maintenance hadn't of happened and we were able to 100% complete I'm happy. Oh and the missing crystal for completing the map.
  • Dc_fanDc_fan Posts: 12
    My ally didn't make it to fully explore our map in aq due to the server issue
    Is kabam going to refund us for that and recover our points?
    They said they're looking into it and will let us know tomorrow.. They best at the very least give us full exploration score and make sure the multipliers and prestige are where they should be had the servers not gone down
    As long as they give us 100% exploration, I dont see a need to compensate (apart from the missing completion crystal)
  • Wozzy101Wozzy101 Posts: 587 ★★★
    Like many European based alliances today’s AQ has started late. So instead of being able to clear my lane and linked node before going to sleep, I have to wait up. This game has a more detrimental effect to my well being than work! There will be those bleating that it’s a choice to stay up, it’s a choice to play the game etc etc. It would also be a gracious choice of Kabam to finally switch to 30 min timers especially when things go wrong at there end. I don’t know of any games company that works so hard to disenfranchise and alienate there customers. Or maybe unscheduled maintenance is just part of there long term vision, to add a little bit of spice and randomness.
  • FlushFlush Posts: 59

We had one link left up to boss which was degen nod and game came down so we lost out on boss and took hit because this only fair yous correct this because were gona take hit in rank just like meny other alliances will
  • LibralonixLibralonix Posts: 229
    Flush said:

We had one link left up to boss which was degen nod and game came down so we lost out on boss and took hit because this only fair yous correct this because were gona take hit in rank just like meny other alliances will

Had a similar situation in our alliance, had 1 node left to take down before boss, quite frustrating to be honest
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,775 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Cue the masses saying they can’t finish AW or AQ now. Because leaving it to the last minute is the best way to manage.

Game went down with an hour left. That's hardly the last minute. They don't want 1/2 hour timers because the map is "tuned" to 1 hour timers. We ought to have the allotted amount of time then.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,775 ★★★★★
    Chadhogan said:

Lvernon15 said:

They don’t do it intentionally

And how exactly do you know this information?
    Unless your running the server's dude you have no idea if it's intentional or not so keep your fanboy theory to yourself
    It's a fanboy theory that they don't intentionally sabotage the game? LMAO
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 1,846 ★★★★★
    This is not the post to blame the players. We lost an hour that we needed and that's that.
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 260 ★★

Any update for those of us who got screwed over by this outage?
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,304 ★★★★★
    Is that the sweet smell of compensation?
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 229

2wks ago my alliance was rank 55. The next we were 47. We were amped for this week. Throwing everything we had at our prestiges, pushing for the next tier. only to be derailed. I understand maintenance times aren’t your fault but neither is us not finishing. Everyone should receive completion points for all their maps yesterday.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 924 ★★★★
    @Kabam Vydious i hope an update is coming soon. Here’s what it seems like it should be:

1) refund tickets used for that day of AQ
    2) award full exploration and completion rewards for anyone over 80% (or just everyone, if that’s easier and you feel generous)
    3) give each summoner rank rewards and peak milestones based on the higher of this AQ cycle and last AQ cycle.
    4) throw a couple heals to players in case they used items on an aborted quest
This discussion has been closed.