**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Chimpyboy said:

tactics are inherently flawed. You can't promote diversity when you, by definition, have a tactic that isolates a sub-set of champs and give them some kind of advantage. That's actually the opposite of promoting diversity.

If they would actuly do something usefull with the attacker tactic I could see it would promote diversity.

They plan to buff them in the future. Like why not make them usefull in the first place. They were scared that the map would be too easy and ppl dont buy enough boosts and heals I bet 😅
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Forced diversity and only being able to use each tactic so many times a season or not being able to reuse one until you've used all others would shake things up a bit and not have things feel so static

I agree. But that would not be good for an other reason.

Do you know how much time it costs to plan out a defense and the attack each time? It would be a nightmare for every alliance that takes War somewhat serious.

I could see officers and leaders buring out from that very fast
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    They mentioned that the majority of this map was designed before all our feedback which means they were likely still aiming for their old misguided “make the map 10x harder for a tiny upgrade in rewards” approach. Maybe the alliance roadmap delay was because of war feedback so I’d say wait for that roadmap tonight, then flip some tables if they say we have to deal with this iteration of AW for a full season.

As of right now I’m not sure I care enough to play this new iteration of alliance war, I have been playing semi relaxed, gold 1-2 just to avoid flow. But they’ve ruined that by adding all these stupid node combinations to tier 6, but hey, atleast we get an extra 500 6* shards...
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    "For example, Ebb and Flow - Intercept is a version of Aegis Intercept that lets you do some damage, even if you can't hit the opponent with an intercept, but the addition of Tenacity makes it too difficult because you can no longer Slow Rhino." my question to Kabam , were these nodes tested prior to release and if so who thought these would be fun and interactive, i understand these were made prior to the road map but still i mean we all complain about defensive tactics and also how stressful war was and prior to the Road map this was the plan, like honestly how does this make war less stressful or even fun, I'm convinced that you guys don't even care about the players because no way something like this goes live, either that or you guys just look at numbers $$$ and say how can we make more money next war season.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Dev Diary that just posted effectively says that season 19 is locked as is. They might tune some nodes and tactics before the season starts, but that's it. No mention of fixing the very top heavy rewards.

Edit: I'm not sure why this was delayed. It looks like they just copy&paste in the post from this thread confirming that s19 was already packaged before they decided to start making roadmaps.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Yep that dev diary just confirmed the worst. Great job.
  • Snags78Snags78 Posts: 8
    Epic failure kabam the new nodes are bs all around try fixing the game pervormance issues along with the countless other issues with your game and end these epic failures your so proud of before you make more people quit playiing the game or have you still failed to realize its the people playing the game that are the only reason you exist. Thanks
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    can anyone please explain me what is wrong with Nick Fury on UNLIMITED POWER node 22?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuY_mgz9Yzw

if you look at this video you'll see he doesn't have suicide, and the fight is without parry.
    after one minute into the fight there is a stun so i can understand the first fury, but 1:30 he gain 3 furies without any debuff apply on him, and then again at 1:43 he gain 5 furies without any debuff on him. at 1:50 his trigger his decoy and gain a lot of powers without domino nullifying his buff but something dropped his fury back to 1 and few seconds later to 3 again...
    is that a bug or i'm missing something?
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Carmel1 said:

can anyone please explain me what is wrong with Nick Fury on UNLIMITED POWER node 22?

if you look at this video you'll see he doesn't have suicide, and the fight is without parry.
    after one minute into the fight there is a stun so i can understand the first fury, but 1:30 he gain 3 furies without any debuff apply on him, and then again at 1:43 he gain 5 furies without any debuff on him. at 1:50 his trigger his decoy and gain a lot of powers without domino nullifying his buff but something dropped his fury back to 1 and few seconds later to 3 again...

Lol just came here to say this. What a stupid champ node combination is this. But node says “removed in anyway” so fury removes himself and gains tons of powers. I was cautious but like you said those furies accumulated like crazy and he finished me with sp3.
  • jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★
    Please !!!! Nod 23 and Ironman Infinity War. We are all experienced players, more than 4 years. This node with this particular champion 🤦🏻‍♂️. Tunnel Vision + Flow ???????
    This is supposed to be more entertaining and now we are forced to spend resources on war as well.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★

Carmel1 said:

Lol just came here to say this. What a stupid champ node combination is this. But node says “removed in anyway” so fury removes himself and gains tons of powers. I was cautious but like you said those furies accumulated like crazy and he finished me with sp3.
    removing buffs should give him power but how he get all these furies if i don't place any debuff on him? (except of the first one that came after stun)
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Terrible design. Painful to play. 3rd war and my team has tried to adapt to it but finally we decided to sit AW out. Lost cause.

Is it really not possible to just revert it back to what we had last season? You guys must have it as a template or something?? Let us continue we the same old stuff till you put something better in place. Why put ppl off the game. I don't get it...
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    edited June 2020
    The most annoying part of this game is when you die hitting, and this is more and more, all opponents and nodes are this, limbo, fatigue, damage reversal, skewer, without withdrawals, degeneration, korg, void, magik, killmonger, iceman, damage like not more to know where it comes from ... soon there will be a heart attack node
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    many times I wonder, what do you think? See things that harm the player, gameplay, experience and quality of life for everyone. they refuse to make their mistakes, they don't play at all, they don't understand what they do, don't they care? It is in very bad taste that they do not take us seriously. The big problem are the nodes and the bad design of these .I hope this new roadmap is really a start from scratch where it is necessary as they have said and correct problems efficiently where it must be corrected. because I am quite upset with the game and how it has gone to $m@sh...
  • LaBiGitLaBiGit Posts: 2
    Some nodes, if defended by the correct champ, become impenetrable. My maxed out champs survived literally only 3-4 seconds each. I’m for sure not the most skillful player here but come on 4 seconds?

Oh boy, you cant even imagine how I express my love for Kabam afterwards.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    So they removed aggression fury in tier 1-3 but left it in tier 4? Make it make sense please
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    gohard123 said:

So they removed aggression fury in tier 1-3 but left it in tier 4? Make it make sense please

Did they ever have aggression fury? From what I’ve seen, tier 1 has only had to deal with aggression prowess w/ tunnel vision & oscillate on node 23. Much easier.

Maybe that’s why you don’t see many of the 1%er’s complaining here 😆
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    gohard123 said:

Guys maybe they did test it and they had all the same trouble we’re having.

With that being said they decided “sweet this is perfect if they want to 100% they will need to use all 15 items and all of them will be the higher priced Aw boosts and potions” Perfect!

They have said previously that they do no want us to 100% the map. It is not a surprise
    I’m glad they addressed that “we shouldn’t 100% map” nonsense in the roadmap because it is ridiculous. Basically us vs Kabam rather than alliance vs alliance
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    After new nodes in AW appear we are in point is we able to go thru the Tunnel vision node or not. If not as usual a war is finished. Nothing else could be done so Congratulation Kabam you reach the point when you can close Aw we won't to participate in.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Tier 12 80% through war
    30m alliance

• DianaPrinceDianaPrince Posts: 29
    No real rewards buff, no play AW. It’s nonsense 🤷‍♀️