**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

DAMN, THIS NEW HULKBUSTER IS....

Comments

• J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Of course the buff could have been better but what is done is done imo. And also, I don’t think every single character will come out the way we want, there should be some compromise. That I get completely. Still Kabam will appreciate feedback to keep improving the game if they want to. He’s definitely far better than he was before, at least to me it count for something. I will take this over nothing.

This is my suggestion though for future design: It feels awkward with characters you know are bulky and tanky (HB was design to handle the strongest avenger) has such low block prof, how his health drains when blocking like he’s a Spider-Man. I know of his regen but come-on I’d rather the regen is tone down and have high block prof to make it a bit more realistic. It was the same with Cull, that guy was a pain. It’s game but I thought Kabam tries their best to make them more realistic...my thoughts though.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    I like him.. I played around with him for a few hours and it was pretty enjoyable.. ranked him up to R5 not exactly sure where he fits in or exactly what content I’d use him for (already completed all variants) but overall he was just fun to play.. As this is a game that’s kinda what I’m looking for now..
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    IOSJasoN said:

I like him.. I played around with him for a few hours and it was pretty enjoyable.. ranked him up to R5 not exactly sure where he fits in or exactly what content I’d use him for (already completed all variants) but overall he was just fun to play.. As this is a game that’s kinda what I’m looking for now..

Agreed. I have the kit at 4/55 and I think it’s fun to play. I was in the beta and liked it then
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Edit.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Mathgeek said:

My only issue to speak of was with the Matchmaking system. Which I voiced in the Thread, and in the Dev Thread. Other than that, I can't say much. We take the off-seasons off. Curious to see how it will be when we start up again.

I think you mixed up your threads
    ****. Hahaha. Thanks.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Y'all obviously playing him wrong, a special 2 intro the opponent block, power lock and drain — you can let off at least 5 heavy attacks, and that damage just builds crazy.

I think he's fun, took mine to Rank 4. He will be apart of my new AQ team with Cull Obsidian and Hulk Ragnarok.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Was not impressed during the beta. It’s an improvement but not a colossus improvement. I’ll wait to see how he does on defense before deciding if he’s worth ranking past r3
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Decent improvement for sure .. rank up I will pass.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

I’m not really understanding all the hate for this, other than the length of time it took.. which is warranted. I’m normally pretty critical of Kabam, but I like him. Not every buff has to be beyond god tier. He went from a worthless champ to a pretty good one. I find him pretty fun to play now as well. Just took my 6* to R2. He’s not top tier, but he’s a lot better than some people are claiming.

Just that after voting for him, giving feedback during the beta and waiting over 6-8 months I think after, it's been a letdown to see that I think most of the feedback was neglected and he's basically the same. Could have avoided the wait then rather than building the hype.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    I just did v3 completion with him, it was super easy , the only fight I didnt use him for was the colossus boss, everything else was beyond easy
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★
    You can’t except every buff to make them beyond god tier. Just makes them more useful. But I see your point because it 8 months. If it took that long they should at least make him top 5 or 10 tech champ.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

You can’t except every buff to make them beyond god tier. Just makes them more useful. But I see your point because it 8 months. If it took that long they should at least make him top 5 or 10 tech champ.

Nobody expects beyond God Tier, but he's not even high demi god if you're going off those rankings. For this having been a fan vote and the amount of time it took with none of our feedback heeded, it's a let down.

I was holding on to a T5C tech I have in hopes that maybe he would be worth it, but in my opinion he's not worth R2 let alone R3 at 6*. The fact that his prestige is still absolute garbage is a double whammy
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    He's like Quake. His play style is weird but if u can master it he's insane.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    He's not like Quake at all. Quake can stay a distance from an opponent and not have to ever make contact. Hulkbuster is HEAVILY dependant on using heavy attacks, and when his heavy range is so short that you can miss attacks that 80% of other champs don't miss, that's a problem.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

He's like Quake. His play style is weird but if u can master it he's insane.

In the beta, I used the kit to clear multiple lanes in Variant, at R4 and R5. It was efficient, not a resource sink. Though I will admit that you do have to play pretty well at R4.

I understand that the playstyle isn’t for everyone, and I am not saying that everyone has to agree because there are characters I don’t like that others do, but if a kit can clear Variant content efficiently and effectively...I mean, my gosh. It’s Hulkbuster. What else do people want it to do?
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    I think he’s great now. I Appreciate the work done.

Just because you don’t see big yellow numbers...

Wait a second, he has big yellow numbers and great utility called power control, decent Havok counter as well. With his max sig he’s almost death cheater if you not push yourself to Get stunned. XL champ to get you through variant 2 as well.

I really don’t expect much from you guys who compares him with **** “GoD tIeR” lists.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    ok @DalBot that's your opinion. I think he went from worst to top 5 tech champ. Class is loaded so it's tough to judge, but he's definitely a second tier champion.

and he's got a different play style like Quake and Ghost. He's not used like Quake and Ghost, but the play style is not standard, and is actually quite viable for the meta.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    now seatin is claiming he's like the best champ in the game and everyone that disagrees is an idiot
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

I think he’s great now. I Appreciate the work done.

Just because you don’t see big yellow numbers...

Wait a second, he has big yellow numbers and great utility called power control, decent Havok counter as well. With his max sig he’s almost death cheater if you not push yourself to Get stunned. XL champ to get you through variant 2 as well.

I really don’t expect much from you guys who compares him with **** “GoD tIeR” lists.

shut up. Just shut up. You are probably the guy who says all champs are good and took an iron patriot to r5 okay?