**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stop complaining about Alliance War...

Comments

• Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    So now I’m gonna complain about you, complaining about @ItsDamien Complaining about you, because what he did was call out hypocrisy, you are the vocal complainer in this situation and your attempt to throw that back at him = deflection
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I’m in tier 13, 40 kills on each side of our war yesterday, playing for a few 5* shards
    24k 5* defenders in the middle of the map.
    , if you make a game not fun to play for vets and up and comings, and make it so they have to spend spend spend to survive t13, then maybe just maybe there was a design issue. That maybe just maybe warranted some complaints
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Just keep the new Map for whoever wants it. Top people keep complaining about everything being nerfed and they want a challenge. Let them play it and take more points. Let the others get a watered down version that we want. We get our fun, they get theirs.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Personally, I'd be fine if Kabam just straight up decided to make a version of war for the 99% and another one for the 1%, but really I'm not sure if the people who like the hypercompetitive torture wars are even 1%. If they are actually 0.1%, or even less, then sticking to their guns of defining war as only what they want will eventually cause their version to die from neglect. You don't invest tons of developer resources into something only a tiny percentage of players like, and only a tiny percentage of players will *ever* like.

The Abyss is end game content that currently only a tiny percentage of players can realistically do. But that number gets bigger with time, not smaller. The Abyss is actually for everyone eventually even if it is for the tiny top percentage now, just like Realm of Legends. The dev time put into it is justifiable on that basis. But an entire game mode that only a handful of people love? Sure, you can hold the line on the "purity" of the mode, but mostly at the long term expense of fading away.

My first choice is a game mode that attracts enough people to be viable. But I won't cry any tears for a game mode whose adherents deliberately doom it to extinction.

One of the reasons I suggested it is due to the fact that most of the people at the top just say 'Git Gud'. For Story mode, you have time, can retry and it's a valid investment that doesn't hurt others. Not war. But well for those who like such type of war, it's just that the rest of the players are people who whine and want to need everything since we don't know how to play.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Personally, I'd be fine if Kabam just straight up decided to make a version of war for the 99% and another one for the 1%, but really I'm not sure if the people who like the hypercompetitive torture wars are even 1%. If they are actually 0.1%, or even less, then sticking to their guns of defining war as only what they want will eventually cause their version to die from neglect. You don't invest tons of developer resources into something only a tiny percentage of players like, and only a tiny percentage of players will *ever* like.

The Abyss is end game content that currently only a tiny percentage of players can realistically do. But that number gets bigger with time, not smaller. The Abyss is actually for everyone eventually even if it is for the tiny top percentage now, just like Realm of Legends. The dev time put into it is justifiable on that basis. But an entire game mode that only a handful of people love? Sure, you can hold the line on the "purity" of the mode, but mostly at the long term expense of fading away.

My first choice is a game mode that attracts enough people to be viable. But I won't cry any tears for a game mode whose adherents deliberately doom it to extinction.

One of the reasons I suggested it is due to the fact that most of the people at the top just say 'Git Gud'. For Story mode, you have time, can retry and it's a valid investment that doesn't hurt others. Not war. But well for those who like such type of war, it's just that the rest of the players are people who whine and want to need everything since we don't know how to play.
    Notice how they say “git gud” but never post vids of them playing the content displaying their “gud” skills.
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    No😂
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

Seeing the amount of items people, right through P1, were burning through on what was an easier map than the current iteration for relatively poor rewards is a reasonable reason to ask for improvements. If at any point your answer to poor game design as a developer is, ‘don’t play it then’ then you’re in the wrong line of business.

There's no reason to say that the new map is harder, from what i've seen (granted tier 1) is the new map (before it get nerfed) is easier then the old map. It just takes some time for any new map to figure out the best counters but the map overall is considerably easier.
    That’s the very reason for it isn’t need to be that very it can stil be hard This map is just bejoen what counter there’s is and if u don’t hav them as for a tier6 ect not everyone can do what u can do don’t just take it from yours self it really. Aware you anything. If u like the new map I’m can com op with idea to kabam there’s wil make u happy but Mabye not all in tier1 wil be it then ther is a offer thing I’m can said Hav two versions to them ther like the harder ones can Chois that’s map fx you’re alliance like it do that’s harder versions but with no benfis. At all just more challenging.
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 ★★★
    The new AW sucks. The majority of players hate it more than ever before. Kbm is humongously out of touch to implement it, whether they had plans to redo it or not.

(Was initially searching for the thread where we complain about AW. Found this first. Seemed like a good place to post instead).
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    You think it’s fun when one node can stop the whole bg? So far, my 5/65 imiw in node 23, tier 4 got 12 kills with half health left. Since we are doing only 1BG war, that alliance can’t progress further. They are a P4 alliance too.
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    edited June 2020

I'm going to get so many disagrees from this... but I think people who are constantly complaining about Alliance War, should just stop doing Alliance War! Stop complaining all the time its boring! I still find AW very fun, and I look forward to my fights (I'm in Plat2 Wars, btw) if you find it too hard, maybe AW isn't for you. If you find it boring or you feel the rewards lack, don't play it! Kabam clearly will not do anything about it, so its time to move on...

You probably don't support BLM do you?
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    You are mean
  • Options
    Luxord_KratosLuxord_Kratos Posts: 13
    edited June 2020
    Kaycg1 said:

I'm going to get so many disagrees from this... but I think people who are constantly complaining about Alliance War, should just stop doing Alliance War! Stop complaining all the time its boring! I still find AW very fun, and I look forward to my fights (I'm in Plat2 Wars, btw) if you find it too hard, maybe AW isn't for you. If you find it boring or you feel the rewards lack, don't play it! Kabam clearly will not do anything about it, so its time to move on...

Post a video of you demolishing imiw on that falter node. I will agree to everything you say!
    Haha you know what? Sure! Because I actually did using CMM
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

ya i'll be pretty sad if (when) AW gets nerfed into the ground ala act 6, but what can you do.

I'm looking forward to my perfect season...
    Lol you and ‘perfect’ season. You gonna die and go awol for another 3 days. Maybe 1 week since this map is soo “easy”
  • Options
    SlayerKingSlayerKing Posts: 75
    Kaycg1 said:

Post a video of you demolishing imiw on that falter node. I will agree to everything you say!
    Exactly bro. How tf were expected to solo an emma frost or imiw on falter is beyond me.
  • Options
    Luxord_KratosLuxord_Kratos Posts: 13

Kaycg1 said:

Exactly bro. How tf were expected to solo an emma frost or imiw on falter is beyond me.
    Used CMM, Medium light mediums, sp3, done. Couldnt be more simple
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

ya i'll be pretty sad if (when) AW gets nerfed into the ground ala act 6, but what can you do.

Lol you and ‘perfect’ season. You gonna die and go awol for another 3 days. Maybe 1 week since this map is soo “easy”
    Well for one it's gotta be really rough being so dense you can't tell when someone is obviously joking. Two, it's gotta be sad having to hide who you actually are so you can talk trash to people without them even knowing where it's coming from. Keep crying about everything in the game though, it's a good look on you
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

gohard123 said:

Well for one it's gotta be really rough being so dense you can't tell when someone is obviously joking. Two, it's gotta be sad having to hide who you actually are so you can talk trash to people without them even knowing where it's coming from. Keep crying about everything in the game though, it's a good look on you
    Lmao what? You can check my post history. Hide myself when I’ve posted videos of my actual account with same name. You can also check my comments about my criticism about the game, unlike you I don’t downplay people’s opinions and throw money at the game in order to progress
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

I agree with the sentiment of the opening post. I have provided feedback on the current AW (which is negative) but I just don't follow the need to become an activist in a game. Kabam have the numbers right in front of them of all the spending and time spent on every single mode.

Now they (kabam) have to spend / waste time in writing fluff (*cough* roadmap) to satisfy the pitch-forkers.

Sitting back and accepting when something is dumb in a game also doesn't make sense. If we just say that Kabam is not going to change anything and accept everything, then man there will never be any QoL changes or any form of positive changes in the game.
    People might just say don't play it, but for even the bottom tiers, war is a good way to get shards. And everyone needs war for loyalty higher. With this Map, expecting people in Gold 3/Silver to hit those nodes means that Kabam isn't in touch with the player base at all.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

Lmao what? You can check my post history. Hide myself when I’ve posted videos of my actual account with same name. You can also check my comments about my criticism about the game, unlike you I don’t downplay people’s opinions and throw money at the game in order to progress
    Oh fun, the old you spend so your opinion is pointless trope. Heaven forbid I spend money on the things I enjoy. If people weren't willing to spend on their entertaining you wouldn't have a game to cry all the time about. I keep forgetting yes, opinions only matter when they agree with the masses here. My opinion that a lot of you are absolutely ridiculous is no more or less valid then you guys wanting every game mode stripped down to arena basically and to get pick every champ you want from every crystal. Only thing is, one of them is actually ridiculous
This discussion has been closed.