**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which champ to R5 next?

RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
I waited for the HB buff, and I'm pretty underwhelmed. Missing chain heavies in the corner and the need to hit specials (from very near) into the block make him a little to unreliable and laborious for me. Now I would love to see your opinion.

My Maxed R5:

My rank up options:

I have Wasp as 6*, and Namor's sig is too low (20). so they aren't on the list.

Have done all Variants, but the last chapter of Variant 1. Have done one run of Act 6. One run of LoL.

Which champ to R5 next? 39 votes

Spider Man (Stark Enhanced)
20%
TJ82TheHeroDeservedReferenceLegendboy2411heartbreakid_22Pancake_FaceAziz5253Aayush19 8 votes
Magik
15%
BoosterStqtsStagedear85Cowboyschamploo1PrentexMawrCalleachShenk 6 votes
Spider Man (Stealth)
28%
RoOOtsCrazyjack719Kill_GreyBonzodavidPřìņče01SpideyFunko4dlaiDeadlygamer98Lil_Lasagnaodishika123Vercingetorix 11 votes
Morningstar
2%
Hedgedog387 1 vote
Hulkbuster
2%
Leopoldoson_33 1 vote
Dr. Voodoo
2%
ZombieZedd 1 vote
Archangel
20%
Whiskey_PoetCrkwestLvernon15NoirStellanQfuryJAYJAY3001YTBigS 8 votes
Killmonger
2%
Rockypantherx 1 vote
Iceman
5%
Spity68Username19273 2 votes
Wait for another beyond god tier.
0%

Comments

• Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★
    Spider Man (Stealth)
    It depends. I would wait to see how big hulkbuster buff is. He might be better than all of these options. Or worse who knows. I would wait.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    It’s between aa and stealthy. I wouldn’t bother going for sparky, ever since I pulled ghost mine has hardly seen any use

It depends. I would wait to see how big hulkbuster buff is. He might be better than all of these options. Or worse who knows. I would wait.

Also the hulkbuster buff is out and it’s not going to make him a game changer for a developed roster, he is more of a champion for mid game players
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 731 ★★★
    Namor can still do some massive damage - even at sig 20. Archangel doesn't need to be r4 and can do what he needs at r4 perfectly fine. Stealthy is also a great option but can be a bit tricky to use - given your lack of motivation towards learning Hulkbuster's unique playstyle, I won't recommend Stealthy given his unique playstyle. Starkey has massive damage potential (and great synergy with Blade), so I won't hesitate to take him to r5. Took mine to r5 with zero regrets.
    However, in the end, and given your current r5 roster, it's all about who you want to use and like to play around with.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    edited June 2020
    Spider Man (Stealth)

I have been trying him out a fair amount, and I'm not convinced. BriantGrants opinion on him seems to be spot on. HB is perfect for developing rosters, still having to complete the variants. But for me, he is to unreliable. Short heavy while depending on it, missing heavies in the corner, playing around for hitting specials in the block, specials not being unblockable on buff immune nodes...

If they dont nerf him a second time, I dont see him in my squad.
    Spider Man (Stealth)
    Lvernon15 said:

It’s between aa and stealthy. I wouldn’t bother going for sparky, ever since I pulled ghost mine has hardly seen any use

Also the hulkbuster buff is out and it’s not going to make him a game changer for a developed roster, he is more of a champion for mid game players
    Thank for the insight. How much does stealthy need his sig for dmg output? Would be my first undupped R5.
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    Archangel
    Or Stealthy or Magik. And for those that tell you AA is okay at R4 don't realize he's beyond great at R5. Extra health pool and damage really helps in Act 6 and higher content. Saves a lot of resources and headache!
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    Archangel
    Only if AA is duped, of course.
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Spider Man (Stealth)
    Looks like you need a bit of utility that Stealthy can offer with his slow, helps that his damage is absolutely insane. Not necessarily relying on his awakened ability as well. With all the paths in act 6 with Aspect of War, Footloose, Annihilus minis etc he can really hold his own and finish fights fast. Plus he’s an awesome AW attacker and a decent defender IMO.

As a second option I’d say Morningstar as you only have one mystic r5 and she is really good for incursions and for a lot of lanes in act 6 as well as a really good option for the champion in 6.2.6
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 275
    Magik
    I'd say Magik, since you don't have a really good power control option as a r5 yet. There are some paths in act 6 where she really shines, also it would add a second mystic to your r5 roster.

Or Stealthy or Magik. And for those that tell you AA is okay at R4 don't realize he's beyond great at R5. Extra health pool and damage really helps in Act 6 and higher content. Saves a lot of resources and headache!

AA is reliant on opponents not being immune to bleed or poison. Several of the difficult bosses in Act 6 are immune to either or both (Medusa, The Champion, Nick, Darkhawk, Iceman, Cap Marvel and so furth). Few of them who are actually doable with a AA - even at r5 - don't heal, and therefore AA's duped ability is unnecessary. In those scenarios, Starkey is a better choice.
    Spider Man (Stealth)

Stealthy is also a great option but can be a bit tricky to use - given your lack of motivation towards learning Hulkbuster's unique playstyle, I won't recommend Stealthy given his unique playstyle.

How is his playstyle unconventional? Heard two light combos and your good to go?

I do not have much experience with stealthy.

• 4dlai4dlai Posts: 250
    Spider Man (Stealth)
    I feel like stealth spidey has the most utility out of all these
    RoOOts said:

Stealthy is also a great option but can be a bit tricky to use - given your lack of motivation towards learning Hulkbuster's unique playstyle, I won't recommend Stealthy given his unique playstyle.

How is his playstyle unconventional? Heard two light combos and your good to go?

I do not have much experience with stealthy.

He takes some getting used to. For short fights you can power through, but for the longer you need to keep an eye out for your charges.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Spider Man (Stealth)
    Stealthy is probably the champ in the game who currently can counter the most act 6 bosses well. The most annoying ones, darkhawk, Hydra adaptoid, etc (actually haven't done anything in act 6 lol, just my personal opinion). Either way, he's gonna be super beneficial to your roster. In fact, it's almost imperative to have a champ like him ranked up in the current meta.
    Spider Man (Stealth)

Stealthy is probably the champ in the game who currently can counter the most act 6 bosses well. The most annoying ones, darkhawk, Hydra adaptoid, etc (actually haven't done anything in act 6 lol, just my personal opinion). Either way, he's gonna be super beneficial to your roster. In fact, it's almost imperative to have a champ like him ranked up in the current meta.

How reliable is stealthy for the bosses without his dupe? Does he have enough dmg output?
    edited June 2020
    Spider Man (Stealth)

Not yet, but would have an awakening gem. does he need a high sig lvl?

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Killmonger
    Killmonger is so helpful throughout Act 6 it’s honestly criminal.
  • YTBigSYTBigS Posts: 43
    Archangel
    RoOOts said:

if you dont have enough sig stones to take him to sig 120, then no
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    RoOOts said:

Ideally you want to get AA-ron's sig ability % to 33.34 (approx sig 111) so that you get a clean requirement of 3 Neurotoxins resulting in 100% ability accuracy reduction.