**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Why do packages cost substantially more for overseas players?

Élan_Vital_11Élan_Vital_11 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I currently live in Australia and the current 5* US$100 packages cost AUD$160. Why is this?

Even with conversion it should be ~AUD$125 (ex. GST). Even if you slapped GST on it should only be ~AUD$137. Where is the additional cost coming from? I don't mind paying for items, but it seems a bit ridiculous that we're charged substantially more.

@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Good_HUBGood_HUB Member Posts: 23
    Kabam is milking on the FX trade?
    What's the premium?
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Member Posts: 365
    I believe Kabam does not control the exchange rates.. only the base price (this is what I have been told anyway).. Seatin used to go into great detail on this as he's in England.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 4,002 ★★★★★
    Something about the app store controlling the price.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Member Posts: 981 ★★
    Think about it logically. 200+ countries playing the game, different currencies etc, exchange rates changing minute by minute

It would be very difficult and expensive to monitor all this for every purchase and make each one the same price in every country at every minute
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    The app stores update prices only 1-3 times a year, or in case of a HUGE swing. Even if your currency has gained +5-10% in the last 3 or more months, you would still be paying the rate that the stores have set from months ago.
  • _slippery_pete1_slippery_pete1 Member Posts: 82
    Haha. I live in Canada. The home of kabam and where that $99 package comes into play for the U.S. its $140 for me. I wouldn't buy it anyway cause i can't bring myself to spend that much on a game that never gets fixed from bugs and now this new wars. Nice try by kabam, but i don't feel like getting kabamed from another rip off money grab by you guys. Too much take from them and not enough give.