**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Device Support [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    arnaut07arnaut07 Posts: 4

Your device is likely not compatible anymore.

Alright but is there nothing i can do ?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    arnaut07 said:

Your device is likely not compatible anymore.

Alright but is there nothing i can do ?
    Get a new device, one that can support the game.
    That's really your solution here
  • Options
    That_Guy83That_Guy83 Posts: 1
    I'm in the same boat :-(
    My trusty old Samsung Galaxy S7 died a few weeks ago & am currently using an old Galaxy S4 that I've managed to bring back to life & can no longer access my game...

Given the current status of the world it is going to be quite a while before work resumes & I can afford a new device that will run MCoC...

I've been actively playing this game for nearly 4yrs now & am also a Leader in a very active Alliance which will likely now fall over before I am able to play again!

This was always bound to happen at some point in time, but did it really have to be in the middle of a global pandemic & this game is a fantastic way to keep busy & positive & socially active whilst the world falls apart all around us???

All fingers crossed for a roll-back so we can all keep playing :-)
  • Options
    arnaut07arnaut07 Posts: 4

I'm in the same boat :-(
    My trusty old Samsung Galaxy S7 died a few weeks ago & am currently using an old Galaxy S4 that I've managed to bring back to life & can no longer access my game...

Given the current status of the world it is going to be quite a while before work resumes & I can afford a new device that will run MCoC...

I've been actively playing this game for nearly 4yrs now & am also a Leader in a very active Alliance which will likely now fall over before I am able to play again!

This was always bound to happen at some point in time, but did it really have to be in the middle of a global pandemic & this game is a fantastic way to keep busy & positive & socially active whilst the world falls apart all around us???

All fingers crossed for a roll-back so we can all keep playing :-)

I am in the same position fingers
    crossed
  • Options
    AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    Neotwism said:

It amazes me when some free to play players complain about the lag and bugs in the game, but then get mad when kabam makes changes to resolve those issues. If your game lags on certain fights all the time it's most likely because your device is old and getting outdated. At some point it won't be compatible anymore since it is already showing signs. If only a small number of ppl are still using those devices the only option kabam has is to do what is best for the majority of players. Ppl want the game to continuously be updated and fresh. You can't have it both ways. Older devices can't keep up with newer tech. Graphics designed with the current tech in mind can't perform correctly on older devices which causes the lag. I'm sure the new graphics and updates will attract more new players to the game than they will lose by discontinuing older devices.

I disagree your first line only free to play player get lags and complains?Those who spend didn't effected by bugs?Stop this mentality.

It is understandable that ever-evolving technology requires better processor and GPU to run games efficiently.Older processor and GPU can't meet the requirement of current games.So it's obvious for devs to discontinue support for them.And use their resources to the system that can handle requirement.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,647 Guardian
    JozielPN said:

It's funny. I have a device where I used to play the game, that is running Android 5.1.1 with the older version of the game installed. Guess what? I can log in there just fine.

And you’ll probably still be able to (old OS running old version of game) for maybe another day or two at most. Once Game flag switches into requiring current version of game to run (normally sometime within that update week), then you’ll be stuck because it will say “Need to run current version of game” or some such message.
  • Options
    Ultimator749Ultimator749 Posts: 13
    My software is not ancient, and it's fully updated, yet I still am having the same issues
    I am missing out on rewards and content, and if this is how it will be, I will not be able to play for many months. With all of the cool summer things, such as Boss rushes and this month's content, this is not fair.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    @Ultimator749 What device do you play this game on?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,774 ★★★★★

My software is not ancient, and it's fully updated, yet I still am having the same issues

What about hardware?
  • Options
    BruinBruin Posts: 5
    I agree on being frustrated at the lack of in-game notice that this change was taking place. My kids had started playing recently on their kindle fire tablets and now it seems that they have lost access to their accounts and will need to start over because they hadn't linked them to kabam accounts yet. Anyone know of any other way to her access to them back in order to link them to kabam accounts?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Bruin said:

I agree on being frustrated at the lack of in-game notice that this change was taking place. My kids had started playing recently on their kindle fire tablets and now it seems that they have lost access to their accounts and will need to start over because they hadn't linked them to kabam accounts yet. Anyone know of any other way to her access to them back in order to link them to kabam accounts?

Support can sort it out, log a ticket through your own account or using the link here somewhere explaining the situation, answer their questions and it'll be fine. Probably take 48hours depending on your timezone. You'll need a compatible device to get it done.

• Options
    SoulcrisherSoulcrisher Posts: 44
    UpdateCan u please tell me why cant i have the new update in my mobile.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Because your device is probably no longer supported.
  • Options
    SymbioteSymbiote Posts: 17
    Guys even if you have over Android 6.0 you have to check in Google account of your email if Your main device is checked/selected, because when you log into the game if previous/not supported version of Android/iOS the game recognizes then you won't be able to log in.

Know a lil' about programming, modding, etc.

If that isn't the case, then I don't know what else could be the problem.
  • Options
    SeamTheShadowSeamTheShadow Posts: 1
    Kabam I have played this game for years and I loved my experience but when u launched the Canada
    Update u kicked out most Android players for no reason and I am asking u to plz let us play again us Android players love the game so plz let us play again
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,647 Guardian
    SUGGESTION..

Can the “Unable to Login” message be changed to something like (below), so there aren’t so many questions about why people can’t login ?

• Options
    JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95

JozielPN said:

It's funny. I have a device where I used to play the game, that is running Android 5.1.1 with the older version of the game installed. Guess what? I can log in there just fine.

And you’ll probably still be able to (old OS running old version of game) for maybe another day or two at most. Once Game flag switches into requiring current version of game to run (normally sometime within that update week), then you’ll be stuck because it will say “Need to run current version of game” or some such message.
    True. It just happened. Now I can't log in anywhere. Very frustating, because I am trying to log in with a device that has the requested requirements: Android 7.1.2 and 64Bit CPU.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Kabam I have played this game for years and I loved my experience but when u launched the Canada
    Update u kicked out most Android players for no reason and I am asking u to plz let us play again us Android players love the game so plz let us play again

I agree. And we didn't even got a heads up about this, telling us if they were looking into it at least, if it's indeed a bug or if everything is working as it is supposed to.
  • Options

SUGGESTION..

Can the “Unable to Login” message be changed to something like (below), so there aren’t so many questions about why people can’t login ?

I believe it cannot because that is probably not the reason. I have a 64Bit processor and Android 7.1.2 and yet I can't log in. I think there is a problem with their servers in case you reinstall the game. I started getting the "FAILED TO LOGIN" messages after I reinstalled the game.
  • Options
    Ultimator749Ultimator749 Posts: 13
    @Djin I played on a macbook pro after my phone was confiscated
    @winterthur also not decrepit
  • Options
    Donald87dDonald87d Posts: 6
    I have an android 5.1 lollipop and i have been very active and played for over 4 years now, suddenly kabam stopped it and puts the minimum requirements to 6.0, why do they have to do this when the phone is still working smoothly?? Can someone share your thoughts here, Thank You.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    It's not Kabam. Google/Android as well as Apple/iOS have certain requirements for apps placed in their respective stores. What you'll see often is when they begin pulling back support from their OS, then a lot of developers will do the same.

At some point, it just makes little sense to put resources and manpower behind outdated/older versions of Android/iOS so then when they require games to be updated, the developer will just make the decision to not do it because support for it is either canceled or about to be.
  • Options
    Donald87dDonald87d Posts: 6
    Ok i see thanks alot😊
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Donald87d said:

Ok i see thanks alot😊

no worries mate anytime.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

It's not Kabam. Google/Android as well as Apple/iOS have certain requirements for apps placed in their respective stores. What you'll see often is when they begin pulling back support from their OS, then a lot of developers will do the same.

At some point, it just makes little sense to put resources and manpower behind outdated/older versions of Android/iOS so then when they require games to be updated, the developer will just make the decision to not do it because support for it is either canceled or about to be.

The last requirement update went along with the OS version requirements for Unity and not Apple/Google. I didn't look, but I would assume this one would as well.
  • Options
    I am surprised that my Android 5.1.1 device that ran the game very well in version 27.1.0, would be discontinued overnight without Kabam sending any prior notice recently for the game's internal messages.
    If the game runs well, what **** improvement is being made ??
    And why not let users continue to access the game from the old version, but without accessing the game's new improvements and campaigns?
    It is a lack of respect with old users like me, who has been investing in the evolution of the characters for 5 years, especially at a time so sensitive that many people are unable to change devices. We are still in the midst of a pandemic that is still causing financial problems for everyone. If you want to make the updates, why not make a PC or notebook version available that makes the game even more popular?
    Have respect for users. You are dealing with Marvel fans and not Kabam fans, people who have been following these superheroes for a long time.
    This respect I have only received from NetMarble in the game Future Fight.
    I hope that common sense will reach your minds and you will soon release a version of the game compatible with Android devices 5.0 and above.

• Options
    Genesis1_0_1_Genesis1_0_1_ Posts: 25
    this was not nice guys i have been playing this game fr now 3 and half yrs
    and seeing this feels soo bad
    not cool guys
    rlly sad to see this :(
    and i cant spend money during a pandemic dude
  • Options
    __Tony_Stark_42__Tony_Stark_42 Posts: 13

this was not nice guys i have been playing this game fr now 3 and half yrs
    and seeing this feels soo bad
    not cool guys
    rlly sad to see this :(
    and i cant spend money during a pandemic dude

Exactly dude I am in the same boat and interesting thing kabam support has not given any reply related to this they just don't care bout us I was also playing from last 2 years on my same mobile but now I can't, even though kabam knows it's pandemic time mostly people have lost their job including me, this wasn't really the perfect time for this.
    Now I am feeling like installing and playing this game was my biggest mistake in life
This discussion has been closed.