**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

GOLD

13»

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Wish this guy would’ve led with patent bs so I could’ve saved time responding to him.

One down, who’s next savage or demon? I’m goin savage. Demons illegitimate but he’s got passion.
    Don’t count me out, I’m just done with someone who’s overriding belief is that there is a malevolent hand dictating their fate. It’s simple minded and and exercise in futility to attempt to reason with.
    Yea You’re right. No business would ever willingly screw their customers. kabams certainly never been accused of it and have never put out a statement that they were changing content because it was ridiculously hard and unrealistic after hearing the customer base all agree it was total bs. WOW GUYS YOU GOT ME
    Apple to oranges, false equivalence.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Wish this guy would’ve led with patent bs so I could’ve saved time responding to him.

One down, who’s next savage or demon? I’m goin savage. Demons illegitimate but he’s got passion.
    Don’t count me out, I’m just done with someone who’s overriding belief is that there is a malevolent hand dictating their fate. It’s simple minded and and exercise in futility to attempt to reason with.
    Yea You’re right. No business would ever willingly screw their customers. kabams certainly never been accused of it and have never put out a statement that they were changing content because it was ridiculously hard and unrealistic after hearing the customer base all agree it was total bs. WOW GUYS YOU GOT ME
    How did Kabam screw over their customers? It's not like they went out of their way to rig crystals or made the content impossible to beat. They acknowledged that the content was maybe too hard for an average player, so they agreed to change it. It really isn't anything "unrealistic", since many players had already completed the content before the changes were called for, some even with few resources.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Something that was overtuned and adjusted does not equate to trying to screw their customers over.
  • Options
    Eternal_Tripod83Eternal_Tripod83 Posts: 84
    How did they screw their player base? Namor, cull obsidian, magik, scarlet witch, dr strange, speeding up ai, changing backdraft intercepts, reneging the gold in aq, and on and on.

I’ll be fair and admit they’ve given unnecessary compensation for things (not even remotely close to even though) but to be honest I’d rather just have neither. Just want a fair game that doesn’t suck the fun out of itself. A happy player base is a more willing to spend player base. A player base that feels like they’re talking to a used car salesman every time they have an issue is a fed up ready to leave player base. See: boycott 2020.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★

How did they screw their player base? Namor, cull obsidian, magik, scarlet witch, dr strange, speeding up ai, changing backdraft intercepts, reneging the gold in aq, and on and on.

I’ll be fair and admit they’ve given unnecessary compensation for things (not even remotely close to even though) but to be honest I’d rather just have neither. Just want a fair game that doesn’t suck the fun out of itself. A happy player base is a more willing to spend player base. A player base that feels like they’re talking to a used car salesman every time they have an issue is a fed up ready to leave player base. See: boycott 2020.

Pretend boycott 2020.
  • Options

"Just want a fair game"
    That's what Kabam was trying to do with Namor, Cull, 12.0.

Speeding up AI provides difficulty, changing backdrafts as well. So amping up the difficulty is screwing over the players now?

The gold in AQ was removed to offset the new costs of the Map. It's not even a real loss. Sorry, that's pretty fair.
  • Options

Pretend boycott 2020.

"Just want a fair game"

Speeding up AI provides difficulty, changing backdrafts as well. So amping up the difficulty is screwing over the players now?

The gold in AQ was removed to offset the new costs of the Map. It's not even a real loss. Sorry, that's pretty fair.
    Come on, we all know when someone like that says "fair" they mean easy and everything given to them.
  • Options
    Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 340 ★★
    The new side quest has over 1m gold available, that’s way more than normal side quests.
  • Options

Pretend boycott 2020.
    Touché. I concede. Weak men (not all men)
  • Options

"Just want a fair game"

No. Just no. The namor nerf they tried to justify with those ridiculous graphs? It may have convinced demonz”show me the data”fyre but those of us in reality know his healing is not god tier. Damage sure. They designed it they tested it they hyped it they knew people would spend money as they do they knew it was a crooked bait and switch from the get go.

Yes changing the fight mechanics increases difficulty. You got me there. Why don’t we disable the ability to block or move while we’re at it? Ramp it up more? I’m sure you wouldn’t feel cheated

It’s not even a real loss that’s pretty fair. With everyone complaining about gold kabam takes away costs and then nerfs 10k out of each reward. If it’s not a real loss, what loss would it have been to them to leave it in?
  • Options
    Crumb3307 said:

The new side quest has over 1m gold available, that’s way more than normal side quests.

Correct, what we call “right direction”
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I know it’s impossible, for someone who wants to take on the status of a victim and pretend the only reason behind anything is done to squeeze every last item dollar from the players, to hear this.

But those are done to balance the game, to make it “fairer” to the players and add longevity to the game, the intentions were in the right place wether or not you care to see that.

A stagnant meta and predictable AI will ultimately bore players and discourage them from enjoying the game.
  • Options

"Just want a fair game"

No. Just no. The namor nerf they tried to justify with those ridiculous graphs? It may have convinced demonz”show me the data”fyre but those of us in reality know his healing is not god tier. Damage sure. They designed it they tested it they hyped it they knew people would spend money as they do they knew it was a crooked bait and switch from the get go.

Yes changing the fight mechanics increases difficulty. You got me there. Why don’t we disable the ability to block or move while we’re at it? Ramp it up more? I’m sure you wouldn’t feel cheated

It’s not even a real loss that’s pretty fair. With everyone complaining about gold kabam takes away costs and then nerfs 10k out of each reward. If it’s not a real loss, what loss would it have been to them to leave it in?
    Namor and Cull were tweaked. If you had Namor before the change, you weren't using him for his healing ability. You were using him for damage and damage reflection which wasn't touched.

You and others of the same mindset always claim this "bait and switch" theory saying Kabam hypes things up to get people to spend. Almost 6 years later and I have yet to see anything that Kabam puts out that resembles hype. There aren't videos, articles or anything else they put out hyping a new champion. The community does the hyping like with Nova and Silver Surfer. Kabam simply just announced who's coming. Data miners create the hype early on, then the community speculates on what they will be expecting nothing less than god tier and when expectations aren't met, you blame Kabam for hyping up said champ. No one was baited into buying anything. Aide from that, it's their game, they can balance it how they see fit.

People like you can't accept reality. You live in this bubble where you think that your opinion is the only thing that actually matters. You don't have enough gold so "it's not my fault, Kabam doesn't give us enough". Reality is that you have terrible ranking habits. Kabam decides they want to balance champs so it's "they hyped them up and baited and switched us". Not that they are doing what they can to try and make this game last a long time.

12.0 and AW as a whole are 2 of their most major issues they really been 100% off base. 12.0.had zero communication.and AW has been an absolute circus since inception. Most of everything else is just some bad decisions and unpopular moves. They don't hype champions and they don't bait and switch. There is no patent and your account isnt closely monitored so you don't get good pulls.

Now, just give up. You've lost.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Even hugely popular games have classes rebalanced all the time. It’s not new, it’s not abnormal, it’s just the way developers like to use to ensure that the game lasts a long time.

Back to topic. Gold isn’t an issue. Yes I grind a lot of arena for units and have more than enough gold and ISO to spend. If you don’t want to put in enough effort to balance your gold and your ranking habits, it’s not Kabam’s fault you’re ranking slower than others who do.

• Options
    edited July 2020

"Just want a fair game"

So...what you're saying is that you didn't understand the graphs, and basically ignored them, even though they held important data, justifying their decision. Okay.

"Yes changing the fight mechanics increases difficulty. You got me there. Why don’t we disable the ability to block or move while we’re at it? Ramp it up more? I’m sure you wouldn’t feel cheated "
    You could argue that with the She-Hulk heavy combo fix as well. You can still backdraft, just not through block. It's not a major change in gameplay. Not enough to justify the notion that Kabam "screws" its players.

"It’s not even a real loss that’s pretty fair. With everyone complaining about gold kabam takes away costs and then nerfs 10k out of each reward. If it’s not a real loss, what loss would it have been to them to leave it in?"
    Why doesn't Kabam just give everyone free gold?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Let me interject right there.
    Rebalances are necessary. As much as people don't like them, they keep the game going down the line. Especially the ones from 12.0 which you've mentioned. If it wasn't for those, along with the DR system, we wouldn't have had a game this long to complain about. I can't disagree that the AI seems faster, but I have yet to see a confirmation that it was changed. Which means for all intents and purposes, it can be anything. Optimization for Apple is one option because it's virtually impossible to optimize it for all Android devices. Until there's actual proof, messing with the AI is a conspiracy theory. The Gold removal however, is because the amount of Gold to run those Maps has decreased, and you can use 4 Resources to keep them going. Not just Gold.
    As for the issue at hand, Kabam is not screwing anyone over with the Gold. There's literally not enough to keep up with the spending habits of people that say there's not enough. It's readily available in a number of areas, and we get it by putting time and effort in. That's about as fair as it gets. We KEEP it by not spending it faster than we make it. There's nothing that adding more Gold can do for changing someone's spending habits. In fact, adding more and more just makes it harder for people who don't know how to ration it, to learn.
  • Options

"Just want a fair game"

Namor and Cull were tweaked. If you had Namor before the change, you weren't using him for his healing ability. You were using him for damage and damage reflection which wasn't touched.

You and others of the same mindset always claim this "bait and switch" theory saying Kabam hypes things up to get people to spend. Almost 6 years later and I have yet to see anything that Kabam puts out that resembles hype. There aren't videos, articles or anything else they put out hyping a new champion. The community does the hyping like with Nova and Silver Surfer. Kabam simply just announced who's coming. Data miners create the hype early on, then the community speculates on what they will be expecting nothing less than god tier and when expectations aren't met, you blame Kabam for hyping up said champ. No one was baited into buying anything. Aide from that, it's their game, they can balance it how they see fit.

People like you can't accept reality. You live in this bubble where you think that your opinion is the only thing that actually matters. You don't have enough gold so "it's not my fault, Kabam doesn't give us enough". Reality is that you have terrible ranking habits. Kabam decides they want to balance champs so it's "they hyped them up and baited and switched us". Not that they are doing what they can to try and make this game last a long time.

12.0 and AW as a whole are 2 of their most major issues they really been 100% off base. 12.0.had zero communication.and AW has been an absolute circus since inception. Most of everything else is just some bad decisions and unpopular moves. They don't hype champions and they don't bait and switch. There is no patent and your account isnt closely monitored so you don't get good pulls.

If no one was using namor for his healing, why tweak it? If they “rebalanced” corvus and just “tweaked” his charges so they’re not persistent and have to be earned individually each fight, imagine the outrage. He still does high damage with guaranteed crits, but you wouldn’t be able to earn all 4 in one fight. Watch your buddy prof Hoffs namor nerf video, I know you love those.

You haven’t seen kabam hype? Read the roadmap. “We’re excited to fix everything that’s broken so the money doesn’t go up in smoke”. “Free to play” is the same thing as “grand opening sale!”, get them in the door and let them sell themselves. Everything is to make money and it’s by design. Do you think kabam had a pitch meeting and said “hey guys let’s make a free game. We love marvel and just wanna share it with like minded people. If they wanna give us money that’s cool but really it’s for the fans. I’m not gonna take a salary I’ll just develop the game 40 hrs a week in my spare time and hope profit comes from somewhere” get real bro

As for the reality acceptance bit - project much?

As for your last paragraph, remember when you said “it’s their game they can balance it how they see fit”...it’s just above a paragraph or two. But thanks for admitting they do wrong, that’s all we ever wanted from you. Now Join the dahhhkkkk siiiiiiiddddeeee
  • Options
    xNig said:

Even hugely popular games have classes rebalanced all the time. It’s not new, it’s not abnormal, it’s just the way developers like to use to ensure that the game lasts a long time.

Back to topic. Gold isn’t an issue. Yes I grind a lot of arena for units and have more than enough gold and ISO to spend. If you don’t want to put in enough effort to balance your gold and your ranking habits, it’s not Kabam’s fault you’re ranking slower than others who do.

Again, have the cats, expiring in overflow, can’t be sold. Have the iso, sitting in overflow. Don’t have the gold. All three items are spent to take a character up. Two in excess and one on the other end. Selling iso to get gold leaves me with no iso and is just trading off the problem (I sell basic iso and use only class btw). The point is they should all be earned at the same rate. I have the champs ready, the cats ready, the iso ready. I’m not spending gold without spending cats or without spending iso. So yea there’s a shortage.

The progression based system is good. Incursions gold is good, this side quest is a homeRun. Excited to see what cav eq brings.

Truth be told tho I’ll be sad when they fix it and I can’t argue with josh anymore.
  • Options

"Just want a fair game"

So...what you're saying is that you didn't understand the graphs, and basically ignored them, even though they held important data, justifying their decision. Okay.

"Yes changing the fight mechanics increases difficulty. You got me there. Why don’t we disable the ability to block or move while we’re at it? Ramp it up more? I’m sure you wouldn’t feel cheated "
    You could argue that with the She-Hulk heavy combo fix as well. You can still backdraft, just not through block. It's not a major change in gameplay. Not enough to justify the notion that Kabam "screws" its players.

"It’s not even a real loss that’s pretty fair. With everyone complaining about gold kabam takes away costs and then nerfs 10k out of each reward. If it’s not a real loss, what loss would it have been to them to leave it in?"
    Yea I saw the graph that said his healing was on par with blade, omega, and wolvie. And laughed.

Not screwing per se as much as other issues, but that’s crooked bro don’t act like it’s not. But yea it’s screwing

I don’t want free gold. I somewhat agree with the “economy of the game” explanation they gave. My point is I grind everything (stats), and have excesses in all areas except gold. I don’t want free gold, I want gold to be rewarded in the grind commensurate with the other items used to take a champ up. Is that really a ridiculous ask to you?
  • Options

Let me interject right there.
    Rebalances are necessary. As much as people don't like them, they keep the game going down the line. Especially the ones from 12.0 which you've mentioned. If it wasn't for those, along with the DR system, we wouldn't have had a game this long to complain about. I can't disagree that the AI seems faster, but I have yet to see a confirmation that it was changed. Which means for all intents and purposes, it can be anything. Optimization for Apple is one option because it's virtually impossible to optimize it for all Android devices. Until there's actual proof, messing with the AI is a conspiracy theory. The Gold removal however, is because the amount of Gold to run those Maps has decreased, and you can use 4 Resources to keep them going. Not just Gold.
    As for the issue at hand, Kabam is not screwing anyone over with the Gold. There's literally not enough to keep up with the spending habits of people that say there's not enough. It's readily available in a number of areas, and we get it by putting time and effort in. That's about as fair as it gets. We KEEP it by not spending it faster than we make it. There's nothing that adding more Gold can do for changing someone's spending habits. In fact, adding more and more just makes it harder for people who don't know how to ration it, to learn.
    Counter-inter-jection: Product testing is necessary. Mario never got rebalanced. Ninja gaiden black on master mode never got rebalanced. It was only when “season pass” and other continuing profit style games were introduced that “balancing” became a thing. It’s a bad trend that will probably be here after old gamers like me are gone.

Ai is faster. Demonzfyres coveted “video proof” is on YouTube.

AGAIN: have the champs, Have uncompleted content sitting, have the iso have the cats. Gots no gold. Aside from incursions and the aforementioned items gold is stuck in 2016. We have 6* now with 6* costs. When I don’t have the iso to rank them I don’t complain. I go grind shards out of whatever quest. Grind glory for cats. Gold is just still lacking. Getting better, but at this moment still lacking.
  • Options

"Just want a fair game"

If no one was using namor for his healing, why tweak it? If they “rebalanced” corvus and just “tweaked” his charges so they’re not persistent and have to be earned individually each fight, imagine the outrage. He still does high damage with guaranteed crits, but you wouldn’t be able to earn all 4 in one fight. Watch your buddy prof Hoffs namor nerf video, I know you love those.

You haven’t seen kabam hype? Read the roadmap. “We’re excited to fix everything that’s broken so the money doesn’t go up in smoke”. “Free to play” is the same thing as “grand opening sale!”, get them in the door and let them sell themselves. Everything is to make money and it’s by design. Do you think kabam had a pitch meeting and said “hey guys let’s make a free game. We love marvel and just wanna share it with like minded people. If they wanna give us money that’s cool but really it’s for the fans. I’m not gonna take a salary I’ll just develop the game 40 hrs a week in my spare time and hope profit comes from somewhere” get real bro

As for your last paragraph, remember when you said “it’s their game they can balance it how they see fit”...it’s just above a paragraph or two. But thanks for admitting they do wrong, that’s all we ever wanted from you. Now Join the dahhhkkkk siiiiiiiddddeeee
    Prof Hoff has nothing to offer for this game. He's a lunatic.

I can't tell you why they changed Namors regen other than point you to their thread. What I can tell you is that not a single person who had/has Namor didn't rank him for 6% regen. They ranked him for his ability to reflect damage. You need stronger arguments.

You need to lookup what Hype means. Kabam has NOT hyped the roadmap. Seriously, look up what it means to hype something up. I am glad you understand what it means to run a business. Of course they want to make money. Its part of why they made the game. It's the whole point anyone makes a game that has micro transactions. Good luck finding a major mobile title that doesn't do this. But yes, Kabam is a bad company for wanting to make money. You got em. Good job detective.

Balancing champions doesn't mean they admitted they did something wrong. It means they are wanting to move in a different direction. Even still, no one is out here saying they are a mistake free company. No one's perfect. I mean loom at you, you're still.trying to convince people you have a clue but can't see that you are hitting above your level here.

All you are doing is repeating the same stuff over and over again and trying to twist everything around to make your weak argument fit.

By the way, rank anyone up today?
  • Options

"Just want a fair game"

I can't tell you why they changed Namors regen other than point you to their thread. What I can tell you is that not a single person who had/has Namor didn't rank him for 6% regen. They ranked him for his ability to reflect damage. You need stronger arguments.

You need to lookup what Hype means. Kabam has NOT hyped the roadmap. Seriously, look up what it means to hype something up. I am glad you understand what it means to run a business. Of course they want to make money. Its part of why they made the game. It's the whole point anyone makes a game that has micro transactions. Good luck finding a major mobile title that doesn't do this. But yes, Kabam is a bad company for wanting to make money. You got em. Good job detective.

Balancing champions doesn't mean they admitted they did something wrong. It means they are wanting to move in a different direction. Even still, no one is out here saying they are a mistake free company. No one's perfect. I mean loom at you, you're still.trying to convince people you have a clue but can't see that you are hitting above your level here.

All you are doing is repeating the same stuff over and over again and trying to twist everything around to make your weak argument fit.

We know you love prof hoff. You watch his channel and comment all the time.

They ranked him for his ability to reflect damage? “Prove it” “show me the data” “show me in game video proof”

I didn’t say balancing was them admitting wrong. I said thank you for admitting “balancing” like they did with 12.0 was wrong. Focus. And don’t be naive they test it before release. Get the hype up drive up desire>sales, then claim he’s “breaking the game” and needs to be nerfed. Keep the sales $, offer back intangible resources and call it a day. Good, I’m jealous I’m in the wrong business admittedly, but it is crooked.

Ranked 4* silver surfer for the rank event, to get my free revive and 25 units. Was either rank him or spend the resources on 8 levels for 6* king groot, which wouldn’t have made the milestones. Don’t mind it either, got fair rewards, right?

Bro all either of us does is repeat stuff. Every time a gold thread comes up you hop in and yell “resource mismanagement”. Don’t pretend you’re better
  • Options

"Just want a fair game"

We know you love prof hoff. You watch his channel and comment all the time.

They ranked him for his ability to reflect damage? “Prove it” “show me the data” “show me in game video proof”

I didn’t say balancing was them admitting wrong. I said thank you for admitting “balancing” like they did with 12.0 was wrong. Focus. And don’t be naive they test it before release. Get the hype up drive up desire>sales, then claim he’s “breaking the game” and needs to be nerfed. Keep the sales $, offer back intangible resources and call it a day. Good, I’m jealous I’m in the wrong business admittedly, but it is crooked.

Ranked 4* silver surfer for the rank event, to get my free revive and 25 units. Was either rank him or spend the resources on 8 levels for 6* king groot, which wouldn’t have made the milestones. Don’t mind it either, got fair rewards, right?

Bro all either of us does is repeat stuff. Every time a gold thread comes up you hop in and yell “resource mismanagement”. Don’t pretend you’re better
    I'm done. You've gone off the rails. Now you're just making stuff up. ✌️
  • Options

"Just want a fair game"

Yea I saw the graph that said his healing was on par with blade, omega, and wolvie. And laughed.

Not screwing per se as much as other issues, but that’s crooked bro don’t act like it’s not. But yea it’s screwing

I don’t want free gold. I somewhat agree with the “economy of the game” explanation they gave. My point is I grind everything (stats), and have excesses in all areas except gold. I don’t want free gold, I want gold to be rewarded in the grind commensurate with the other items used to take a champ up. Is that really a ridiculous ask to you?
    So yes, they justified his nerf.

And it's not like they purposely changed the timings to shaft the players. It's not in the source code. It's more likely in the actual engines that Kabam uses. For example, the broken Parry timing of 12.0 wasn't due to anything in the code, but it was actually just a problem with an engine upgrade. So no, they're not screwing players. It's not them. It's just a problem with their internal systems.

But if you increase gold, people would ask for more ISO, and then catalysts, and then more gold. If you give a mouse a cookie...