**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dev Diary: A Contest Evolved

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    No mention whether 5-Star basic arena is coming and when.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    With the increase of featured champions from 150-300 in the 5* featured Arena , will we see a Six Star Arena soon ?
  • Nkan99Nkan99 Posts: 3
    Mainzel said:

I was hoping that there would be a "restart quest" button when you are in a quest and struggle with some of the first fights. Sure its a Qol change but it would be nice not to click through all those menus just to restart a quest

@kabam mike please do this

• Mentalboy1Mentalboy1 Posts: 171
    Some good things there! Some ideas
    How about letting us exchange iso into our stash eg. I have too many of a skill iso and not ready to rank a skill up so I swap them for normal iso from my stash

Incursions takes way to ok long to get shards

Basic crystal odd of getting higher champs are bad with 2 years plus of play had one 4* and few 3* mainly 2*

Also for variant we need 1* champs so have a special crystal or event to gain?

Loving the game
  • Mentalboy1Mentalboy1 Posts: 171
    Also one more point a lot of items are locked to people finishing act 5 chapter of 2 , finishing chapter 4 should also have good items to help tank ups to get to that level
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Also, is it really that hard to just make masteries free once we unlock them? It’s been done in the past, why can’t it just be made a permanent feature?
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I don't like the sound of root as a tool being used against us and I'm not too sure about the volume triggers either. You already have enough ways of making difficult content/fights for us to take on.

I think you are really missing something in the desired implementation of duel targets. Not everyone can or wants to fight r3 6* champs. You should add multiple accounts for each champ with the top hero being a 3*, 4* and 5* to go along with your current 6* ones. All you need to do is throw the number for the star rating onto the end of the names and then people can pick one that suits their needs/skill.

Also think the overlooking of mastery changes is ridiculous at this point.
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    Is it just me, or is adding an 'Auto Request Help' feature for arena approaching this pain point from the wrong perspective? If 'Help' as a concept has to remain, in what possible scenario would a player not want to request help? Why not just automatically put used champs in the Alliance Help queue instead of adding a toggle that will presumably always sit in the on position?
    Kapitz said:

Is it just me, or is adding an 'Auto Request Help' feature for arena approaching this pain point from the wrong perspective? If 'Help' as a concept has to remain, in what possible scenario would a player not want to request help? Why not just automatically put used champs in the Alliance Help queue instead of adding a toggle that will presumably always sit in the on position?

I agree, Auto Request Help will probably have a very slow animation :s … wish they get rid of the help system all together.

• Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    Few points to ponder about:
    1. Prestige is killing the F2P experience as prestige is behind payment gateway and even if you spend moderately RNG may not be on your side - Hence plz think again about 6 star arena
    2. Tier 4 basic arena should have more t4 basics and t1 alpha arena needs revamp too.
    3. Daily events can get some attention
  • LostoneLostone Posts: 23
    Instead of a straight out 50% penalty for CONNECTIVITY ISSUES... which are supposedly aimed at DISHONEST SUMMONERS ... why can’t the penalty be in stages.. The first connectivity issue should be seen as a real connectivity failure and KABAM should take SOME RESPONSIBILITY and rather than put the onus on the summoner..

The most frustrating thing I find in this game is watching that little circle spin spin spin spin spin spin and then blank out.. only to restart again and find that you have been ROBBED of 50% of your health.. it’s like going in to buy something and you open it and find that it is half there..they have ripped you off and you do not care.. you paid $300 for a pair of shoes and they only give you the left one...

I have NEVER dropped out of an AQ or AW on purpose and see it as a blight on the game that the 50% of remaining health is removed from the SUMMONER in the first instance.. ..

So.. in the 1st instance make it 10%...2nd ...20%.. 3rd ... 25%.. ( I even give KABAM an extra 5%)..

Seriously it is so unfair yet there are SUMMONERS that agree with KABAM... can u explain why you agree?
  • LostoneLostone Posts: 23
    Is it about time the insignificant AW and AQ revives and health as bonuses in the game are improved on... I know you finally increased the value of paid ones..why are they straight out health and not percentage health like in events..
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Don’t see why they can’t just be free to switch about. The system and engine work is already in place as when you changed parry etc. They were free for a week. This would be an easy 10 second job and have such a positive effect on the game.
    Nothing planned, but that doesn't mean we're not thinking about it. This was really only showing what we've planned so far. Other things might still happen in the meantime.

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Don’t see why they can’t just be free to switch about. The system and engine work is already in place as when you changed parry etc. They were free for a week. This would be an easy 10 second job and have such a positive effect on the game.
    Nothing planned, but that doesn't mean we're not thinking about it. This was really only showing what we've planned so far. Other things might still happen in the meantime.

No it won’t help to just make it free it stil take 4 to 5 minutes to swich them all I’m rather hav a built u can tourn one for with one u wil like to use.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Gamer said:

Mauled said:

No it won’t help to just make it free it stil take 4 to 5 minutes to swich them all I’m rather hav a built u can tourn one for with one u wil like to use.

Oh I’d much rather then build a system where we can switch between two or three builds, but that clearly isn’t on the cards despite those interviews in January/Feb? But a good stopgap would be making it free to adjust as you please.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Lostone said:

Instead of a straight out 50% penalty for CONNECTIVITY ISSUES... which are supposedly aimed at DISHONEST SUMMONERS ... why can’t the penalty be in stages.. The first connectivity issue should be seen as a real connectivity failure and KABAM should take SOME RESPONSIBILITY and rather than put the onus on the summoner..

The most frustrating thing I find in this game is watching that little circle spin spin spin spin spin spin and then blank out.. only to restart again and find that you have been ROBBED of 50% of your health.. it’s like going in to buy something and you open it and find that it is half there..they have ripped you off and you do not care.. you paid $300 for a pair of shoes and they only give you the left one...

I have NEVER dropped out of an AQ or AW on purpose and see it as a blight on the game that the 50% of remaining health is removed from the SUMMONER in the first instance.. ..

So.. in the 1st instance make it 10%...2nd ...20%.. 3rd ... 25%.. ( I even give KABAM an extra 5%)..

Seriously it is so unfair yet there are SUMMONERS that agree with KABAM... can u explain why you agree?

I think the penalty is problematic myself, but the problem isn't as simple as you're making it out to be either. The timeout penalty is there in part to eliminate a trivial exploit: I can just disconnect myself from the network if I don't like how a fight is turning out. A zero penalty disconnect is basically a free global purify: even if both sides' health bars continue from where they left off, you're still reset to zero power and no buffs and debuffs. That's a huge advantage.

Making the penalty low instead of zero doesn't eliminate this problem, it just changes the mental equation a bit, so you have to decide if losing 10% health is worth resetting the fight. It often will be.

You could then argue that it is irrelevant what people who exploit the game do, you shouldn't "punish" the people who play fair just to go after the people who exploit the game. Except you aren't getting away unpunished if you allow this behavior to continue, because the game's difficulty is always balanced around the average player performance. Players who exploit the game are like people who cheat on an exam in a class that grades on a curve. They *do* affect you, by altering the curve, and in effect lower your grade. If the game doesn't attempt to moderate exploitive behavior, the players who do it will benefit, and the players who don't will get double penalized for playing fair: they will fall behind the ones that don't, and they will experience an even harder game besides.

Reducing the penalty without some other means of negating this strategy incentivizes exploiting timeouts. More people will do it, and it will cost everyone else who doesn't.

This idea that Kabam should "take responsibility" for things like network connectivity problems completely fails to account for the fact that the people injured by exploitive behavior are the players not exploiting the game. The developers do not lose anything when a player exploits the game. The rewards that are gained don't come out of the developers' pockets. And the rewards that are gained don't universally help all the players either, just a small number of them. And they are ultimately gained at the expense of other players.

The need to address these kinds of issues, because they ultimately harm the majority of players (since most don't exploit the game's systems or mechanics), sometimes forces the developers to take actions that have bad side effects. They aren't always right, and they often use solutions almost as bad as the problem (sometimes, not even almost) but the fundamental motivation is sound, and the supposed simple alternatives are often worse in the long run.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Can something be done about iso expiration? It wouldn’t be so bad if gold was more available and I’m not saying more gold, but something needs to be done. I’m always in a position where I have the gold, but no iso or I’ll have to iso, but no gold so to see it expire is just pity.

Could they be converted into bigger or smaller blocks of iso maybe, just to refresh them? Increased amount of gold when sold as a last resort?
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    If it’s so hard why can you. Make it free at will

If it’s so hard to switch, why does arena know what last match I played(champs) after the cool down
    edited July 2020
    Masteries will always cost something they don't want you, for example to tailor each fight in abyss around your masteries For free!!!