**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Day of Portugal, Camões, and the Portuguese Communities (10 June)

NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
"Portugal Day, officially Day of Portugal, Camões, and the Portuguese Communities (Portuguese: Dia de Portugal, de Camões e das Comunidades Portuguesas), is the National Day of Portugal celebrated annually on 10 June. It is one of the public holidays in Portugal and celebrated by Portuguese people throughout the world. It commemorates the death on 10 June 1580 of Luís de Camões, a poet and national literary icon." (From Wikipedia)

In simple words, we should have too Day of Portuguese Community. If we have USA and Canada Day, we should have too Portuguese Community day!

Like picture shows, this community is all over the world. This means:

Population Portuguese Community (from Wikipedia):
• Estimate: 270 million (2018)

10 June of next year, I hope kabam put that day in calendar too!

Comments

• HagureMeijinHagureMeijin Posts: 89
    No offense but do you realize the sheer number of countries ahead of Portugal in terms of population? So do you intend to say that that Kabam should put out similar offers for every country?
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    edited July 2020

No offense but do you realize the sheer number of countries ahead of Portugal in terms of population? So do you intend to say that that Kabam should put out similar offers for every country?

If kabam make that for 2 countries, so should do for everyone. And btw, I am not taking about Portugal country, but Portuguese Community, that is different. I am including, for example, Brasil, Angola, Moçambique, Cabo Verde.....
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Why Russia have one for the Defender of the Fatherland Day or Russia Day? See it just spirals, they are a Canadian company so they celebrate Canada Day!

Yeah there should be a British Commonwealth Week since you know, there's 54 countries around the globe who are still part of the British Commonwealth of Nations, with a total of over 2.5 BILLION people. This should happen during whichever week December 11 falls on as that's when it was formalised in the Statute of Westminster. And it's the second largest intergovernmental organisation.

What's that? It's ridiculous to think that just because there's a large populace of people they too should have a day? Yeah that's what I thought too.

July 4th is there because Marvel being an American Company owned by a larger American Company, who's characters are largely based on America. You can see where this is going.

Canada Day, Kabam is a Canadian Company. Simple.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    ItsDamien said:

Why Russia have one for the Defender of the Fatherland Day or Russia Day? See it just spirals, they are a Canadian company so they celebrate Canada Day!

Yeah there should be a British Commonwealth Week since you know, there's 54 countries around the globe who are still part of the British Commonwealth of Nations, with a total of over 2.5 BILLION people. This should happen during whichever week December 11 falls on as that's when it was formalised in the Statute of Westminster. And it's the second largest intergovernmental organisation.

What's that? It's ridiculous to think that just because there's a large populace of people they too should have a day? Yeah that's what I thought too.

July 4th is there because Marvel being an American Company owned by a larger American Company, who's characters are largely based on America. You can see where this is going.

that and America is their biggest spending group, as well as China. Hence the Chinese New Year things as well

ItsDamien said:

that and America is there biggest spending group, as well as China. Hence the Chinese New Year things as well
    Pretty much. It's not about individual communities. It's about who spends the most.

I mean look at the Christmas Calendar, not everyone is Christian, or celebrates Christmas, but because it's the most widely accepted Western Holiday, it gets a calendar.

So USA and Canada are the only communities that worth celebrat that days?? That i have a name: is simple xenophobia. But that is normal behaviour for North Americans, all we know your thoughts about other communities around the world...... For you, the world is just Canada and USA......

Mother Russia deserves the day too!
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    NCB_pt said:

If kabam make that for 2 countries, so should do for everyone. And btw, I am not taking about Portugal country, but Portuguese Community, that is different. I am including, for example, Brasil, Angola, Moçambique, Cabo Verde.....
    they should do it for everyone so then 26th Jan should be Australia Day.....
    there are 196 countries recognized by the U.N.
    there are 241 countries in the world if you include territories and colonies. (Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Palestine, Pueto Rico, Bermuda, etc. all fall under this category)...
    but my point is i am sure most of these countries have a day celebrating their nation.
    its not exactly practical to give every one its own in game event.
    and if that was to happen there would likely be a constant in game event of some form or another running which would in turn ruin the effect of having an event as constant events would become the new normal and then we would be looking for what else we could make special events.

Kabam celebrate July 4th and Cyber Weekend as the U.S. is the single largest player base and most money is to be gained from that.
    2nd is China which is why we have the Lunar New Year celebrations and then they are now deciding to celebrate Canada Day as they themselves are a Canadian company.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    Not sure they have always done Canada Day in past. Think it is just because they had the opportunity to do it together with releasing 2 Canadian theme champs this month. Otherwise would have just been like some other occasional Special Calendar or Event they do from time to time.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    As a Portuguese player from Portugal, this would be fun to see, I guess.
    But I'm also realistic to the point that I know it won't happen. And if by any means it does, it would surprise me
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    If you really want to celebrate a national day. You could come up with a fun event / challenge and post it on the forum. Try to get others to participate and enjoy a bit of community spirit / fun with others, in the same way you would in a typical celebration.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    only national days they celebrate: chinese/lunar new year(1.5 billion people celebrate it), july 4th(most players are american), and canada day(because kabam is canadian)
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    While I respect your emotion, it'll be a bit irrational celebrating every country which has a player base for this game.

I mean, you throw in the UK, India, Australia, Spain, you get the point. Too many days bud. Gotta stay content with what we're getting
    And to justify US and Canada getting their own lil celebrations

US - where marvel comics (and the whole brand) was founded
    Canada - Kabam headquarters

China - I can't completely justify it by citing the population of people celebrating lunar new year, (because then countries like India with similar population also celebrate, say independence) but hey free gifts!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

While I respect your emotion, it'll be a bit irrational celebrating every country which has a player base for this game.

I mean, you throw in the UK, India, Australia, Spain, you get the point. Too many days bud. Gotta stay content with what we're getting

China - I can't completely justify it by citing the population of people celebrating lunar new year, (because then countries like India with similar population also celebrate, say independence) but hey free gifts!

spending. China spends a lot

spending. China spends a lot
    Oh. Don't' know much about that in detail. But cool cool
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    Lunar New Year isn't just a Chinese thing, it's widely celebrated across Asia.

Also note, the December stuff isn't "Christmas", it's a handy catch-all "holidays" thing, which covers atheists, Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus and Pagans who all have holidays in December.

This is also, as others have said, the first time Canada Day has been marked, most likely because of Guardian and Sasquatch's release. There have been "spring" calendars in the past, around the Christian Easter, but I think that happened maybe twice.

Again, I am not taking about countries. But about communities. Portuguese community (not Portugal). We could have alteratively Europe community (may 9), and so on.

By the way, always remember, this song is from Europe, more precisely from Italy:

"Stamattina mi sono alzato,
    o bella, ciao! bella, ciao! bella, ciao, ciao, ciao!
    Stamattina mi sono alzato,
    ed ho trovato l'invasor.
    O partigiano, portami via,
    ché mi sento di morir.
    Se io muoio da partigiano,
    o bella, ciao! bella, ciao! bella, ciao, ciao, ciao!"

Idk about other places, but We in Europe just won't accept this North America behaviours, of just celebrate North Americans days. This is international game!
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    way to make a sweeping generalisation of what people will or won't tolerate. I suspect most non-Americans are either indifferent or would feel, well, it's an American game of course they celebrate 4/7
  • Agent_22Agent_22 Posts: 107 ★★

way to make a sweeping generalisation of what people will or won't tolerate. I suspect most non-Americans are either indifferent or would feel, well, it's an American game of course they celebrate 4/7

As a Brit, I agree with this.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I mean they didn't really even celebrate Canada day that much. Just so happens Canada day is the first day of the month. Which is the day they always do them. And the Canadian calendar is mainly just to go along with the Canadian hero's they added to the game.

Next you're gonna ask for a Monthly EQ for every community/country in the world also?
    NCB_pt said:

Again, I am not taking about countries. But about communities. Portuguese community (not Portugal). We could have alteratively Europe community (may 9), and so on.

By the way, always remember, this song is from Europe, more precisely from Italy:

"Stamattina mi sono alzato,
    Stamattina mi sono alzato,
    ed ho trovato l'invasor.
    ché mi sento di morir.
    Se io muoio da partigiano,
    o bella, ciao! bella, ciao! bella, ciao, ciao, ciao!"

Idk about other places, but We in Europe just won't accept this North America behaviours, of just celebrate North Americans days. This is international game!
    There are other "communities" too from the countries I mentioned. We just play and have a good time. Don't need forced representation or something
    NCB_pt said:

I guess being British I'm still allowed to say I'm from the continent of Europe. And I guess I am also allowed to say that you don't speak for Europeans, or for the Portuguese Community.

As I said earlier, the British Commonwealth is much larger than the CPLC, in terms of the 54 countries who are part of the British Commonwealth, not just people who observe it like your little map shows, and the 2.5 Billion people which is 10 times more than your little CPLC 270 million.

You are not a snowflake. Your community isn't special. Stop acting like a special little snowflake.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    It’s a game guys. Please at least leave politics out of something as silly as a mobile game.

As an American I could care less that the deals are connected loosely with the 4th of July. Why would that matter to me at all? It a game, They are a Canadian company and clearly do not care that they line up with the fourth from a celebration standpoint. Its marketing if anything and probably more just timing of the holiday landing in a fiscal sense.

Just like cyber Monday deals like this is just good timing from a fiscal sense as it’s it a quarter starting month and usually either a FY starting month or second half of FY starting month.

Let’s call it summer blow out going forward if we must. It not a connection to the 4th of July truly as thats just a convenient connection based on timing when they want the event to launch timing from a financial reporting standpoint and nothing more.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 ★★★
    (Yawn) Some ppl need to see themselves represented in everything, and want to impose their ideology / politics into everything.

Sports and games are so much better when they are designed to simply entertain.