**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is variant 1 worth completing or doing 100% exploration?

Is variant 1 worth completing or doing 100% exploration? 112 votes

Yes (if so, are the rewards worth it at this point in the game?)
61%
LeNoirFaineantHaji_SaabChãolyCrkwestmum_m2the_eradicatorbuffajrzuffyLuciusVorenusgrud9eSaielSungjnameplasAnonymous346EazyDC69Crazyjack719PizzabeatRasiloverHilldarpapunonly 69 votes
No (I’d rather learn to crochet)
38%
Spity68SkyfallNowHeheheh7777MaiicolDiazAlCapone2727VuDahImranWarBros23HendrossCarlos2504Atul_aryanMoosetiptronicKentspaceoctopusAleorCharnutzSmashWozzy101BillGrossShinbankai06 43 votes

Comments

• Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I think completion is worth it because completion is easy but I don’t think exploration is worth the effort until your roster is mad stacked
  • Options
    EazyDC69EazyDC69 Posts: 34
    Depends on your skill level and point in the game... At the time I 100% it I was still working with r4 5* so really just depends on what you need but imo I think it's still worth it if progressing rather than all content finished like myself
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Idk, it may be easier now but it was a major pain for me back in the day and I regret the compulsion I had that made me explore the dammed thing.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you have the team for it it is. Duped Thing has made chapter 3 really easy for me. Chapter 1 wasn't too bad. Chapter 2 will still have a few painful spots, but Sorcerer Supreme has helped and I'm almost done. Did the other Variants 100% and have come back to Variant 1 recently. At the time I did the initial clear it would've been expensive to explore but it's not bad now.
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Variant 1 requires a beefy roster. There is a reason most of players didn't liked Act 6 chapter 2.

I believe if you have completed act 6,labrynth and explored V4,V3 AND V2 and you not to much content left then explore Variant 1.
  • Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Doing exploration now. I can always use a r5 gem and the sig stones.
    At this point (using only 4/55 and 5/65) it’s not not easy but there are a bunch of lanes easy enough to do without items or formerly horrible fights now with decent counters.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    already know how to crochet, so the second option is invalid
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It’s worth doing if you’ve already got everything else done.
    The rewards are still very good, but certainly Ch2 and 3 are up there with the worst that Act 6 has to offer.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    No, personally don't think it's worth the effort. Done an initial clear and I will leave it at that.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    if you're bored and have a decently sized roster, its probably worth it
  • Options
    AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    At the time it was. But it's still the hardest of all variants and therefore has the worst rewards. Only do if you've done everything else
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    It’s worth doing eventually, I’m only just starting on exploration and only then because I don’t have Aegon for abyss run or LoL exploration.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    If you have a plethora or champs. Yes. But you gotta have a definitive counter to the BS in that variant and it’s a lot lol.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yes. V1 is the hardest of them all. but don't let how easy the others are in comparison misconstrue the value of those rewards. It takes longer to complete because you need to wait for specific counters or a larger unit stash. Just be patient, and when you get those counters, it's not that bad.

Compare it to LoL. Rewards are pretty outdated for the amount of work you need to put into one path, but eventually, it gets easier as you progress with natural counters. For just shy of 2500 units of items, I 100% LoL. all the t4CC, 5 or 6 5*s, awakening gems....decent.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    If you have nothing else in the game to conquer , then yes.
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    One of the top reason that I want to 100% explore it is the 2015 rank up Gem.

Hopefully I could get Mutant class for Colossus or Magneto 🌝

PS: I got Three Mystic 2015 rank up Gem from Variant #2, then I used one for my Magik. Now I don’t know who else is worthy to have the rest two Gems😂😂😂😂 The 2015 Mystic Champs are so mediocre (except Magik) at least at this moment...

PPS: I do agree that Variant #1 is a sort of pain, I highly suggest to bring following champs to explore Variant #1 in my opinion:
    Chapter 1 (Skill/Mutant): Blade (Awakened), Nick Fury, Archangel (Awakened)
    Chapter 2 (Mystic/Tech): Ghost+Hood, Warlock+Magik, Stark Spidey, Dr. Octopus, Symbiote Supreme
    Chapter 3 (Science/Cosmic): Corvus (Awakened), Medusa, Thing, Hulk (Ragnarok), Void (Awakened), Red Guardian
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 943 ★★★
    edited July 2020

PPS: I do agree that Variant #1 is a sort of pain, I highly suggest to bring following champs to explore Variant #1 in my opinion:
    Chapter 1 (Skill/Mutant): Blade (Awakened), Nick Fury, Archangel (Awakened)
    Chapter 2 (Mystic/Tech): Ghost+Hood, Warlock+Magik, Stark Spidey, Dr. Octopus, Symbiote Supreme
    Chapter 3 (Science/Cosmic): Corvus (Awakened), Medusa, Thing, Hulk (Ragnarok), Void (Awakened), Red Guardian

I would add
    Chapter 1: Havok, Colossus, Aegon
    Chapter 2: Doom
    Chapter 3: CapIW, Quake, CMM

Some combination of these should get it done

• Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I'm currently on 2.3 and have no motivation to do it tonight. Literally taken me 30 minutes to get through 2.2. Only thing keeping me going is I know 3.1-3.3 is going to be a breeze with thing and synergies.
  • Options
    AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    When I did my initial run I had 0 5/65 champions, now I got 10 5/65, so I decided to push this quest before V5 arrives. I started exploration 3 days ago, I'm in 2.1. Chapter 1 was surprising easy for me, only used 4 revives in total, but chapter 2 has been a pain since I only have 1 5/65 mystic and 0 tech, so for all fights I use the same champ (doom) and the other spots are only for synergies.

Rewards are nice for me, especially AG and r4-r5 gem. After chapter 1 exploration I got a tech 2015 gem for my HB, so I'm pretty happy with it.

This variant is hard, so if you don't a beefy roster or tons of revives, don't waste items and units. I explored V2-V4 long time ago and I was waiting feel ready for V1
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    If you have a big enough roster with counters go ahead and do it, if you dont have the biggest roster hold off for now its permanent content and does not need to be a priority