**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Terrible luck with cav crystals

AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Posts: 98
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I've opened over 30 cav crystals so far and I've had 1 5* and around 25 3*s, do you guys have similar luck ?

Comments

• A_Cay47A_Cay47 Posts: 73
    That’s terrible luck man. You’d think the RNG would’ve gave you at least 2 or 3 5* champs by now. Or Kabam would’ve given you a 6* to entice you to spend more money on the Dailey cav crystals like they did with me haha
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    I don’t open cavs lol so I don’t know.
  • H_B0MBH_B0MB Posts: 52
    I’ve had similar luck in regards to the 6*. Opened a little over 500 to date and have only pulled a 6* 3x. That drop rate is around 0.05% compared to the 0.1% advertised drop rate.

Sure enough when I did pull the 6*s it was all during the couple months I was spending $150 a month on package deal and units. Last Fall. Did it as an experiment and the whole pay to win increased odds so far proved true.
  • tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    The ratio has clearly changed since they came out. The numbers don't lie.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Keep in mind guys that the crystals don’t stack drop rates. If you open 100 crystal, cavs, according to the drop rate, you should get 1.5 6* champions. But most find this isn’t the case because each individual crystal has a 1.5% chance to yield a 6* champion.
  • Roman4544Roman4544 Posts: 85

I've opened over 30 cav crystals so far and I've had 1 5* and around 25 3*s, do you guys have similar luck ?

Opening cavs is like spinning a roulette, you gotta be prepared to lose, the drop rate sucks. If you are willing to gamble, keep that in mind. If you are f2p player the general recommendation is don't buy these crystals. If you have the money, it's pure adrenaline, you go up and down all the time
  • I opened the hitmonkey one and pulled my first 6* from them. It was a beast but I'll take it
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Unfortunate this is the reason why I stopped buying units and I use them to clear content.
  • H_B0MBH_B0MB Posts: 52

Unfortunate this is the reason why I stopped buying units and I use them to clear content.

I agree. Only get cavs if you’re out of content to do, don’t want to do the content or have an excess amount of units.

I only have exploration of act 6 and an Abyss completion run left. Have no interest in either atm so I get a dozen or less cavs every week.
  • Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    edited July 2020
    The Cavalier crystals have super low drop rates but when they hit they’re pretty sweet. I’ve opened somewhere around 40 of them and got something like 34 3*s, 3 4*s, 1 5* trashcan Iron Fist and then finally got 5* Aegon off the Sunday Cav. deal. I got bored the other day and bought a Hit-Monkey featured Cav. with some extra units and pulled a 6* Havok! If you have units to blow you can win big but yeah you’re gonna most likely pull a 3-4* most the time.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've probably burned around 20k FTP units on Cav crystals since they came out. I've had zero 6*s. Lots of trash 5*s. A couple good 5*s I already had duped. Sorcerer Supreme is the only featured 5* I ever got from them. I'm ignoring them for now.
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    My first 5* came from cav after minimum 50+ crystal. But then pulled some more with regular interval. Then pulled 2 back to back 6*. Then it dried out so much I have stopped opening for over two months I guess.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I pulled 6* hela from my first fav crystal. I’ve opened approx 20 and pulled 4 5* as well. I stopped after 20 though, I’d much rather use my units to complete content
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Outside of the ones you get from act 6 I've only bought 4 and they were all 4*s.

I've only had 1 5* from them (after completing 6.4) which was annihilus
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Moral of the story always open 10 crystals at once unless you are only opening 1 or 2 crystals. Popping crystasl works better than spinning.

If you are opening one or two crystals then doing otherwise only pop the crystals.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Moral of the story always open 10 crystals at once unless you are only opening 1 or 2 crystals. Popping crystasl works better than spinning.

If you are opening one or two crystals then doing otherwise only pop the crystals.

Nothing "works better" than something else. As someone who has opened far more crystals than most people and done it just about in every quantity and method you can come up with, it's all just dumb luck no matter what you do