**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

BIG shortage of GOLD

kabam, please add more way to get gold. all those 5*/6* rank up require insane amount of gold. Always short on gold/iso 😔

Comments

• WodimanWodiman Posts: 30
    Im having opposite problem. I have more than enough good and zero iso. I have atleast 4 rank ups awaiting iso
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I'm in a top 90 AQ alliance, 28 rank 5 5*, pretty stacked roster. I do arena every week and I do incursions every week. I've run out of gold three times recently and I often run out of ISO as well. I do NOT purchase cav crystals. Gold and ISO is a problem for sure.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

kabam, please add more way to get gold. all those 5*/6* rank up require insane amount of gold. Always short on gold/iso 😔

This month's EQ has - technically .. unlimited gold ..

Go into Northern Expeditions .. it's 0 energy cost ... run a few tiles, a few fights, etc ...
    exit, lather, rinse, repeat .. until you get how much gold you want.

problem solved.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Huh?

Ah you crazy, 100million mark check!
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Go into Northern Expeditions .. it's 0 energy cost ... run a few tiles, a few fights, etc ...

problem solved.
    That could be a way, but wouldn’t solve the problem. For example how much time would it require a player to do the Northern Expedition quest to farm 100k golds compared how you could easy get 100k golds from incursion in about a hour or so.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

Explain where your gold is going. Let's see that 6* roster.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Gold isnt the issue, its ISO

dot_ditto said:

problem solved.
    No.....once you get the gold it doesn't return.
    Not what I'm talking about ..

Just move along a path ... you get gold.
    fight an opponent .. you get gold ...

;)
    it may not be the most efficient .. but it IS effectively unlimited ..
    Daddrieda said:

dot_ditto said:

problem solved.
    That could be a way, but wouldn’t solve the problem. For example how much time would it require a player to do the Northern Expedition quest to farm 100k golds compared how you could easy get 100k golds from incursion in about a hour or so.
    The question wasn't about "fast" or "efficient" .. and this is an option .. (just not a great one .. LOL )
    :pensive:
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Gold isn’t an issue. ISO isn’t an issue. Catalysts aren’t an issue.

Generally speaking, the issue is a lack of restraint and people ranking and levelling every new champion they get.

Case in point. This week, I took my 6* BWCV to rank 2 and maxed out both Colossus and Omega Red as 5*. I’ve still got over 12m gold. However I still have 6* Moon Knight, Korg, Beast and Howard the Duck at level 1.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

1: sell ISO as long you don’t have any plans to rank up some champions or just don’t have enough to rank up a desired champion to R4-5 and that’s your cue to stop selling ISO and you would have enough golds. Required to do arenas to build those shards.

2: incursion. If you don’t have any reliable partner, but happen to have a second mini account and an another device then solo yourself or else try to find a good timezone partner that is at the same boat as yours.

3: arenas arenas arenas. Do the first three milestones in all the arenas and you receive golds. I believe it’s close to 200k per weeks and that’s more than incursion if monthly milestone haven’t reset. Then arenas takes.... well up to 2 hours or less? All depending how much maxed rank champions you have and that’s not much to give your time up as the duration is three days so you have three days to plan ahead or spread it during those three days by doing a little for example toilet visit, lunch break, dinner break or whatever it is. Even waiting for bus home could help you kill some time by doing arena.

4: the monthly events. I think it’s actually the best place to net some golds, or I could be damn wrong. But the tile itself that you spend your energy with nets your XP and golds, the fights itself nets you Golds and one time run per chapter nets you golds and the whole thing by doing 100% nets you golds. Need patience or if you happen to have larger quantities of full energy refills then that’s good.

5: don’t sell champions as it nets you golds by duping.

6: happen to have large numbers of gold crystals? Good! Save them when kabam one day decides to release a appreciation weekend Gold, Battleship and Loyalty 20% increased boost getting release someday.

My tips: you’re better of doing incursion tips if you aren’t the arena type.

I may have missed something and I probably gets lots of disagrees from trolls, lol.

I wish I could agree and disagree at the same time.

First, Gold is the biggest bottleneck in the game. It's easier for me to get t5b than it is for me to get the gold it takes to rank up.
    1. WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO SELL RESOURCES TO ACQUIRE OTHER RESOURCES.
    2. Incursions are solid for gold.
    3. Arena is the worst. 200k for all that time spent is just idiotic. it's not 2 hours it's like 24.
    4. No. If I'm doing the top difficulty on canadian. I want 2,million gold for it on the monthly side quest. That's enough to rank 5 a champion.
    5. yeah, don't sell champs for the long haul players. short haul players sell away. build up your account as quickly as possible. It takes a long time to get a steady flow of champions to dupe them. That's just my philosophy. Worked for me.
    6. this is opportunity cost at it's finest demonstration. People lacking in gold should always pop these things quickly. If you have a surplus n gold, save them. You really need gold to rank up champs to complete more content, to get more gold from quests.

Here's my biggest problem with Gold in the game at this time.

I have several rank up gems. 2-3 gems, 3-4 gems. 4-5 gems. I have catalysts expiring. t4cc trade in crystals just because. all because I have no gold to take up champions.

In addition, I have a plethora of 5 and 6*s at rank 1 level 1. Not even leveled up. just sitting there on the bench.
    dot_ditto said:

dot_ditto said:

problem solved.

;)
    Ah ok. Well then yes, that and every other quest as well lol.
    mum_m2 said:

Daddrieda said:

1: sell ISO as long you don’t have any plans to rank up some champions or just don’t have enough to rank up a desired champion to R4-5 and that’s your cue to stop selling ISO and you would have enough golds. Required to do arenas to build those shards.

2: incursion. If you don’t have any reliable partner, but happen to have a second mini account and an another device then solo yourself or else try to find a good timezone partner that is at the same boat as yours.

3: arenas arenas arenas. Do the first three milestones in all the arenas and you receive golds. I believe it’s close to 200k per weeks and that’s more than incursion if monthly milestone haven’t reset. Then arenas takes.... well up to 2 hours or less? All depending how much maxed rank champions you have and that’s not much to give your time up as the duration is three days so you have three days to plan ahead or spread it during those three days by doing a little for example toilet visit, lunch break, dinner break or whatever it is. Even waiting for bus home could help you kill some time by doing arena.

4: the monthly events. I think it’s actually the best place to net some golds, or I could be damn wrong. But the tile itself that you spend your energy with nets your XP and golds, the fights itself nets you Golds and one time run per chapter nets you golds and the whole thing by doing 100% nets you golds. Need patience or if you happen to have larger quantities of full energy refills then that’s good.

6: happen to have large numbers of gold crystals? Good! Save them when kabam one day decides to release a appreciation weekend Gold, Battleship and Loyalty 20% increased boost getting release someday.

I may have missed something and I probably gets lots of disagrees from trolls, lol.

I wish I could agree and disagree at the same time.

First, Gold is the biggest bottleneck in the game. It's easier for me to get t5b than it is for me to get the gold it takes to rank up.
    1. WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO SELL RESOURCES TO ACQUIRE OTHER RESOURCES.
    2. Incursions are solid for gold.
    3. Arena is the worst. 200k for all that time spent is just idiotic. it's not 2 hours it's like 24.
    4. No. If I'm doing the top difficulty on canadian. I want 2,million gold for it on the monthly side quest. That's enough to rank 5 a champion.
    5. yeah, don't sell champs for the long haul players. short haul players sell away. build up your account as quickly as possible. It takes a long time to get a steady flow of champions to dupe them. That's just my philosophy. Worked for me.
    6. this is opportunity cost at it's finest demonstration. People lacking in gold should always pop these things quickly. If you have a surplus n gold, save them. You really need gold to rank up champs to complete more content, to get more gold from quests.

Here's my biggest problem with Gold in the game at this time.

I have several rank up gems. 2-3 gems, 3-4 gems. 4-5 gems. I have catalysts expiring. t4cc trade in crystals just because. all because I have no gold to take up champions.

In addition, I have a plethora of 5 and 6*s at rank 1 level 1. Not even leveled up. just sitting there on the bench.
    You aren't going to get 2mil in gold from Cav difficulty when it's released. The rewards for the current version aren't going to be what's released. 2 mil is more that act 6.4 gives out for completion. Stop saying silly things.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 said:

Daddrieda said:

Lmao. The amount of effort that one puts into Canadian does not equate to 2 million in gold.

dot_ditto said:

dot_ditto said:

problem solved.

;)
    Ah ok. Well then yes, that and every other quest as well lol.
    No, other quests cost energy ... this side quest is 0 energy .. so you can literally run it ... constantly ... :pensive:
    that's why it's unlimited.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    This game requires spending.. either in the form of time or buying units. I do the former and grind all arena milestones, and complete all content by saving resources. Others in my ally buy units.

Only those who do neither will have a gold issue.
    edited July 2020

mum_m2 said:

Daddrieda said:

Lmao. The amount of effort that one puts into Canadian does not equate to 2 million in gold.
    Your responses are exactly what I'm talking about. See you don't value your effort for a fundamental resource. your way of thinking about it is backwards.

We are getting a couple 5*s out of this right? and 850k gold for completing epic and Canadian this month. Lets say you get a new 5* out of that effort. And now, you're short changed about 1.2 million gold to fully rank up that champion. The game, always short changes us to encourage us to grind after we have already ground ourselves.

Edit: to capitalize the C in Canadian because Canada
    mum_m2 said:

mum_m2 said:

Daddrieda said:

Your responses are exactly what I'm talking about. See you don't value your effort for a fundamental resource. your way of thinking about it is backwards.

We are getting a couple 5*s out of this right? and 850k gold for completing epic and Canadian this month. Lets say you get a new 5* out of that effort. And now, you're short changed about 1.2 million gold to fully rank up that champion. The game, always short changes us to encourage us to grind after we have already ground ourselves.

Nothing you are saying makes any sense. Just because you get a new 5* doesn't mean they need to give you the gold to rank them up. That's not the way it works at all and it should work. This game is part resource management, part champion collection and mostly a fighting game. You need to manage your resources and resource intake in order to make progress. There are more than enough ways to get the gold you need to rank. Not wanting to do them is on you, not Kabam. They have recently given way more ways to get gold.
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    edited July 2020
    xNig said:

Huh?

There are soo many guys who didn't need gold and have tons of gold what if kabam add a feature to share gold or help other sommonire for loyality pts or battlechip pts
    @Demonzfyre no totally get what you're saying. i get that resource management is a thing. on the flip side, I have tons of resources that I cannot use for content that I completed. and the longer they sit in my stash, the lesser their value will become as the game's progression moves ever so slowly.

Take a look at your roster, if all or most of your champs are filtered by rank up, then you're on the other end of the spectrum. But if you look at my roster, 75% of all my champions are at rank 1 level 1. that's a problem for me. I play incursions and complete the side quests, and do story modes, and I spend a little money here and there too. I don't believe the opportunity cost is there for me to Arena so i do it sparingly. Furthermore, it becomes a bigger problem, when i have the rank up gems, ISO and catalysts to take up these champs but no gold to use them while I watch them expire.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 said:

mum_m2 said:

Daddrieda said:

"The game, always short changes us to encourage us to grind after we have already ground ourselves"
    So the game should just give us everything we need when we need it?

If we increase the amount of gold that is given to us significantly, the community will then proceed to complain about the "lack of ISO", since there is now more gold than is needed to rank up champions but not enough ISO. Once you get there, people will then continue to complain about catalysts, and you have a vicious cycle of complaints.

Also, more gold would mean increasing the rate at which all players progress, and that's not a good thing.
    edited July 2020
    mum_m2 said:

@Demonzfyre no totally get what you're saying. i get that resource management is a thing. on the flip side, I have tons of resources that I cannot use for content that I completed. and the longer they sit in my stash, the lesser their value will become as the game's progression moves ever so slowly.

Take a look at your roster, if all or most of your champs are filtered by rank up, then you're on the other end of the spectrum. But if you look at my roster, 75% of all my champions are at rank 1 level 1. that's a problem for me. I play incursions and complete the side quests, and do story modes, and I spend a little money here and there too. I don't believe the opportunity cost is there for me to Arena so i do it sparingly. Furthermore, it becomes a bigger problem, when i have the rank up gems, ISO and catalysts to take up these champs but no gold to use them while I watch them expire.

@mum_m2
    Post your 5 and 6 stars. All of them.