**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will your prestige be calculated based on your top 5 PI champs rather than top 5 in prestige?

This is something I’ve been wondering for a while. The game says your prestige is “the average base hero rating of your top 5 champs”, but if their marker for ‘top 5’ is PI, then it’s very possible to have lower prestige champs bump higher ones out of your top 5 due to their high PI. For example, my 6* R2 sig 25 Stealth Spidey trumps my 5/65 sig 200 Omega in PI by over 1000, but his prestige is only ~9450, where Omega’s is 10160.

Yesterday, an alliance member said their prestige *dropped* from 9.5k to 9.3k after taking their 6* Doom to R2 (unawakened). I’m concerned that more of our prestige ratings will be lowered by ranking up high PI (but low prestige) champs, which feels a bit counterproductive. I don’t want to be, in a way, punished for ranking up my champs. Maybe my alli mate made an error and saw something that didn’t happen, but it’s confirming I worry I have, and I’ve never seen any official statements on the matter.

So, does anyone know how Kabam calculates your prestige? Is it purely based in your top 5 in PI? If yes..why, when it’s likely some players have champs with higher prestige sitting below their top 5? Would appreciate any replies on the subject, because I’ve got no clue.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I never thought of this before. I have no idea lol.
  • Options
    VolatilityVolatility Posts: 25

I never thought of this before. I have no idea lol.

Yeah, I never noticed it until I started checking my top champs’ individual prestige. Probably why I can’t find much info about it lol
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    hm good question. I always thought they ranked your champs by prestige and took the top five, but I'm not sure
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Hmm this is interesting...
    You got pic of your champs?

Here is what I have on auntm.ai and it doesn't tally to what your saying

• Options

Hmm this is interesting...
    You got pic of your champs?

Here is what I have on auntm.ai and it doesn't tally to what your saying

Yeah sure! My guess on Stealth Spidey’s prestige is only an estimate because he’s at sig 25, not 20, and I don’t think AuntM.ai calculates those more specific numbers. Either way, his prestige is definitely lower than my Omega’s, but he still places above him in my profile.

And while my top 5 PI champs are also my top 5 in prestige, that could easily get thrown off. Omega ranks as the last of my 5 even though he shouldn’t be when it comes to prestige.

• Options

I can confirm it’s not based off your top champs PI. When turn on suicides, my top champs change, where’s my prestige doesn’t.

Thanks for sharing! That helps a lot
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Your alliance mate is on LSD.

Your prestige is the average prestige of your top 5 highest prestige champs.

Gotcha. So this whole PI disparity influences nothing, even if higher PI low prestige champs bump your true top 5 out of the spot?
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    It’s is your top champs minus masteries. It does not care about your top champs in your profile. Just your base top 5 champs without masteries or anything else in play.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I also wondered how in the past, when 5/65 5*s were still at the top, you would have people on the global leaderboard or alliance with the exact same top prestige champs as maxed 5*s and sig 200, but they would have different summoner prestige!
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,648 Guardian

Yesterday, an alliance member said their prestige *dropped* from 9.5k to 9.3k after taking their 6* Doom to R2 (unawakened).

Just a thought, but did he check his Prestige ONLY after RANKING Doom up, and NOT actually using ISO to Level him up afterwards ?
    It is noticed that as far as PI goes, Ranking up causes a little “Drop” in rating, until you start to level them up afterwards.
    But don’t think that would have been a 1000 point drop (0.2k * 5).
  • Options

Yesterday, an alliance member said their prestige *dropped* from 9.5k to 9.3k after taking their 6* Doom to R2 (unawakened).

Just a thought, but did he check his Prestige ONLY after RANKING Doom up, and NOT actually using ISO to Level him up afterwards ?
    It is noticed that as far as PI goes, Ranking up causes a little “Drop” in rating, until you start to level them up afterwards.
    But don’t think that would have been a 1000 point drop (0.2k * 5).
    After reading the replies here, I decided to calculate what his prestige was based on his top 5 before and after the Doom rankup. Pretty sure he just saw something the wrong way because there’s no chance his top 5 before had a higher base prestige lol.

Appreciate the insight though! That very well could have been a factor in someone else’s case
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    There was another semi-recent post (somewhere) that someone showed the before and after of JUST ranking up (and think it was also a 6*), and it did seem to be much bigger drop from what I might have expected, or have seen in lesser champs in the past.
  • Options

There was another semi-recent post (somewhere) that someone showed the before and after of JUST ranking up (and think it was also a 6*), and it did seem to be much bigger drop from what I might have expected, or have seen in lesser champs in the past.

In PI or the prestige rating on their profile?
  • Options

In PI or the prestige rating on their profile?
    It was PI, as seen looking at the champ. But same reasoning would probably cause a drop in their Base Prestige as well. And doubt Auntm.ai lists Prestige at Levels other than at Max Level of each Rank. But if they do list ALL Levels, then someone could check it out and see what the values are.
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 292 ★★★

This is something I’ve been wondering for a while. The game says your prestige is “the average base hero rating of your top 5 champs”, but if their marker for ‘top 5’ is PI, then it’s very possible to have lower prestige champs bump higher ones out of your top 5 due to their high PI. For example, my 6* R2 sig 25 Stealth Spidey trumps my 5/65 sig 200 Omega in PI by over 1000, but his prestige is only ~9450, where Omega’s is 10160.

Yesterday, an alliance member said their prestige *dropped* from 9.5k to 9.3k after taking their 6* Doom to R2 (unawakened). I’m concerned that more of our prestige ratings will be lowered by ranking up high PI (but low prestige) champs, which feels a bit counterproductive. I don’t want to be, in a way, punished for ranking up my champs. Maybe my alli mate made an error and saw something that didn’t happen, but it’s confirming I worry I have, and I’ve never seen any official statements on the matter.

So, does anyone know how Kabam calculates your prestige? Is it purely based in your top 5 in PI? If yes..why, when it’s likely some players have champs with higher prestige sitting below their top 5? Would appreciate any replies on the subject, because I’ve got no clue.

Thanks!

Here's your BASE Prestige (P.I. without Masteries) for Both your champions which is used to calculate your overall prestige using top 5 champs based on BASE Prestige.

• Options
    RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Posts: 81 ★★
    Hello, I'm the guy behind AuntM.ai, thought I'd shed some extra light, and if you have any follow up questions.

Yeah sure! My guess on Stealth Spidey’s prestige is only an estimate because he’s at sig 25, not 20, and I don’t think AuntM.ai calculates those more specific numbers

As ThēMandalorian demonstrated, you can enter a non-standard number in the signature dropdown by typing them (on mobile you get the keypad pop-up).

And doubt Auntm.ai lists Prestige at Levels other than at Max Level of each Rank. But if they do list ALL Levels, then someone could check it out and see what the values are.

You're correct that I only have max level information displayed on AuntM.ai

This choice is due to how infrequent non-max level information is needed, and that it wasn't worth complicating the UI. When I have the map page ready, it will need to include access to non-standard and non-obtainable champion information, as opponents in quests have varying levels and can be unobtainable (Doombots).

For the purposes of prestige I don't think it's too valuable, I'd be happy to hear any differing opinions though.