Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

BIG shortage of GOLD

Comments

• Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    @Notsavage19

Ok first off. Increasing the rate we progress...sounds good to me. In fact this is common practice in the game.

No I don't want rewards handed to me either. I have earned the rewards. I want to use them. I cannot because I have no gold. That's a problem for me. If you don't share that problem then good for you.

And I at times have an iso problem too. But that's not a big deal for me because while I'm saving gold, I accumulate iso.

And so unless you've 100% all the static side quests, you're not going to have a ton of extra rank up gems and resources in the dusty cellar to even relate to my problem.
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Is there it a fixed period of time during which the gold appreciation comes around? Will it be anytime soon?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    Is it that time again?
  • Options
    Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    I think gold problem has sorted and seems like kabam is working pretty hard for it...try to cover up side Quist it gonna give some extra gold best of luck bro hope you rankup your champ..easily
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Wow still? I open 100k plus in gold a day just cracking open the original arena crystals! So there is your first mistake if you are opening the uncollected crystals instead switch back to the originals. And yes you should sell things to aquire gold! My overflow is full. I sell iso all the time and never run short. I have so much iso i raise 5 star techs with t4 science...don't care what class it is, i use what is in my locker and refill with the stuff expiring...and if i got a bunch about to expire is sell it all! And it hasn't kept me from getting to 1,000,000 plus overall rating.
    All the sources offered are viable means to obtain gold! I am sitting on 66 million now!
    GOLD IS A NONE ISSUE.
  • Options
    AvolA1987AvolA1987 Posts: 32
    @Topic starter:

You, my friend.. are not playing enough. This game will give you resources in comparison to the effort you're putting in. This hobo approach of blaming/asking Kabam really annoys me. If YOU don't have enough gold, that's because YOU don't put enough effort in to earn it!

It's like complaining to your government that you earn too little, while not having a proper job.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    That is exactly the issue! Not enough effort and an uncontrollable desire to rank champs the second you crack em open! "I GOT A 5 STAR DOOM! GOTTA RANK HIM RIGHT THIS MINUTE!"
    You will never have enough gold just playing uncollected and running story quests to get your "Cavalier" title. It takes effort.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 said:

@Notsavage19

Ok first off. Increasing the rate we progress...sounds good to me. In fact this is common practice in the game.

No I don't want rewards handed to me either. I have earned the rewards. I want to use them. I cannot because I have no gold. That's a problem for me. If you don't share that problem then good for you.

And I at times have an iso problem too. But that's not a big deal for me because while I'm saving gold, I accumulate iso.

And so unless you've 100% all the static side quests, you're not going to have a ton of extra rank up gems and resources in the dusty cellar to even relate to my problem.

"Ok first off. Increasing the rate we progress...sounds good to me. In fact this is common practice in the game."
    No, what's common is increasing the rate at which the lower players progress. That's a good thing. But, increasing the rate at which we all progress is not very beneficial for the future of the game because the faster we get champions and level/rank them up, the more easily we can beat content. This means that Kabam will have to create harder content for us, and since we're progressing so fast, they'll have to put out harder content faster, and we all know how that went with Book 2.

Point is, if we increase one side of the scale, we'll have to increase the other side, and there really won't be an end to things. As long as resources are limited, people will complain about their availability.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

mum_m2 said:

@Notsavage19

"Ok first off. Increasing the rate we progress...sounds good to me. In fact this is common practice in the game."
    No, what's common is increasing the rate at which the lower players progress. That's a good thing. But, increasing the rate at which we all progress is not very beneficial for the future of the game because the faster we get champions and level/rank them up, the more easily we can beat content. This means that Kabam will have to create harder content for us, and since we're progressing so fast, they'll have to put out harder content faster, and we all know how that went with Book 2.

Point is, if we increase one side of the scale, we'll have to increase the other side, and there really won't be an end to things. As long as resources are limited, people will complain about their availability.
    It does not mean that at all. They are already increasing the gold. They are already making harder content. And that's their job is to make content that fits our profile. Can Difficulty, the abyss, v5. Because in another problem, I don't have enough content to explore at the moment. So yes. Please make more content. Please make it harder. And reward more gold.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah gold is the bottleneck for anyone that doesn’t do much arena and doesn’t buy cav crystals, the game is designed to make you play arena, to balance other resources at a mid level probably 40 minutes a day, when you don’t do that you don’t get to rank non essential champs. Personally I don’t like so much arena being in the design, Arena is midless grind and hasn’t been updated in forever. and I just don’t rank up much when I cant be bothered grinding arena, when you stop arena the cats start backing up in stash and so you have to sell them. This months side quest has a ton of gold and I’m glad because it’s quite long and so I have less time for arena. I’ve played 30-40 minutes of arena most of my mcoc almost 5 years and it Definitely is less balanced than other times, I used to play arena for units but now I have to keep playing to stop my other cats expiring, gold was never an issue for me until the last few months, and act 6 gives you a lot of resources that require a lot of gold to use. Kabam have said in their roadplan they plan to take so much grind out of the game and this months side quest Great gold Rewards is probably a good indicator of what they might be looking to implement, its long been a talking point and is probably being looked at by kabam at the moment, it’s not like they have much financial incentive I’m not sure how many Of their customers buy gold crystals with real money bought units, but it’s hundreds of dollars for the gold to r5 a champ so I can’t see that affecting much of their revenue
  • Options
    AvolA1987AvolA1987 Posts: 32
    You are exactly making my point. You don't want/like to play arena, yet you're in need of gold..

I don't like arena either, but i do like the incursions. They happen to give you massive amounts of gold (after the reset, i almost got 1 million of gold in a single S6 and S7 run in 1 day..). You gotta work for your resources, they don't come dropping in your lap. Of course, we can blame Kabam again, but maybe it's time to step it up a bit and play some incursions/arena to level out your resources, or try and do better at resources management (pick the right content to clear, according to what you need).
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Kabam will have to fix the gold issue one way or the other. I just suggest that they fix it now to avoid all the screaming they will have on forums when r3 6 stars become a regular occurrence and the biggest of whales won't be able to keep up.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

Kabam will have to fix the gold issue one way or the other. I just suggest that they fix it now to avoid all the screaming they will have on forums when r3 6 stars become a regular occurrence and the biggest of whales won't be able to keep up.

What does Kabam need to fix exactly? If you choose to do Map 7 or rank a bunch of 5*s and 6*s indiscriminately (or both), and are not utilising the myriad of avenues to obtain gold explained in great detail on this very same thread, then that’s on you. Not Kabam.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Was at 3,8million golds. Sold lots of iso because I didn’t have enough of rank up materials for the time being and landed at 4.6million golds. That’s just from the crystals shards earned from wars, calendars, some arena milestones from 3 and 4* basic. Ought to make planning and it will pay off one way or another
  • Options
    If you are playing 100k of arena crystals every day then your life choices probably shouldn’t be pushed onto others, if you want to spend two hours every day in arena that’s great for you, But may not be a valid life option for others, QOL is the new kabam conversation. The idea that everybody doesn’t want to arena everyday shouldn’t really shock you. But yes rank ups stop when the grind stops. Game takes a lot of time to play all modes before the boring arena grind. Some game design tweaks might be good, as we are witnessing now. we will still play arena for f2p units so it’s not like it becomes a useless feature, just probably gives it the attention that it deserves, for the most boring game mode to be a unit bonus rather than a constant requirement to balance other resources. If people have champs worth ranking and cats worth ranking they are already putting a decent amount of time And effort into the game. But for balance yes if you don’t want to arena just realise that you may end up selling rankup materials before they expire and ranking low use champs to get the unit rewards every rank up event might not be an option anymore. Can’t say I think that’s great game design, but it is being changed which is the positive
  • Options
    @xNig been wondering about your second accounts
    with 15 5/65 champs and zero arena, (I assume you meant r4 5* not 4*?) do they just have to sell the t4bs and t1as, mine are backing up all the time, but I guess you don’t 100% all the eqs every month like me so that may not be an issue
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Speeds80 said:

@xNig been wondering about your second accounts
    with 15 5/65 champs and zero arena, (I assume you meant r4 5* not 4*?) do they just have to sell the t4bs and t1as, mine are backing up all the time, but I guess you don’t 100% all the eqs every month like me so that may not be an issue

No. I meant 5* R5.

Yes. They have to sell T4Bs and T1As quite frequently. I 100% all difficulties on their EQs as well. Free units 😊 (It’s just playing UC when they have full energy, then autoplaying the rest on my other phone. I do that when I’m watching tv and grinding arena on my main on my iPhone. Multitasking lol)
  • Options
    Addyos said:

What does Kabam need to fix exactly? If you choose to do Map 7 or rank a bunch of 5*s and 6*s indiscriminately (or both), and are not utilising the myriad of avenues to obtain gold explained in great detail on this very same thread, then that’s on you. Not Kabam.
    You have 0 clue what you're talking about. Have you 100% act 6? Done initial clear of Abyss? Do you know how many t5bs and and t2 alphas I have expiring forcing me to rankup? Of course you don't. I'm talking end game grown folks talk. This doesn't concern you.
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    I’m sitting on 105 million in gold. Have over 20 rank 4 /5* and 10 rank 5/5*. Stilll have plenty of gold. Play more arena it nets me the most gold. Last year at this time I was sitting on 12 million. In one year I almost got 100 milllion in gold just from arena and EQ
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

Addyos said:

You have 0 clue what you're talking about. Have you 100% act 6? Done initial clear of Abyss? Do you know how many t5bs and and t2 alphas I have expiring forcing me to rankup? Of course you don't. I'm talking end game grown folks talk. This doesn't concern you.
    Have I 100% act 6? Not yet. Done initial clear of Abyss? No. Do I know how many t5bs and and t2 alphas you have expiring forcing you to rankup? No, but I have over 24 million gold and tons of gold crystals, so when I do get to the stage you’re at, I’ll not be wanting for gold since I regularly hit arenas, do incursions ever so often, run quests everyday, sell excess iso when needed and the list goes on and on and on...

Will using these resources eat into my gold supply when I get to that stage in the game? Sure. Will using these resources cause a gold problem for me. Nope, because I’ve done the groundwork to never be short on gold for a long time. So again, what’s the gold issue that Kabam needs to fix? Or is it an issue you need to fix for yourself, when the solutions are already there?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Addyos said:

The real question is how do you have so many rank up materials expiring and no gold? You obviously play the game to have them expiring, so why aren't you playing the aspects that gain you gold regularly?

It takes a long time to get enough T2A and T5B to get them put into the stash.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    It could be the imbalance of rank up material acquisition.

From what I understand, @TheTalents runs 777x5, so T5B and T2A comes in at a rate at which his gold intake can’t support. You can’t blame him for pushing higher rewards in any aspect of the game, nor blame the game for not providing enough because, the game does, albeit in a separate game mode.

As long as there’s such an imbalance, there’s bound to be shortages somewhere. Even someone who does 777x5 and grinds the hell out of arena, he/she might face a champ shortage, where there’s insufficient champs to be brought up, or lack of lower level resources such as T1A and T4B.

Balance in acquisition across all areas is of utmost importance to prevent burnout and disillusion.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Addyos said:

The real question is how do you have so many rank up materials expiring and no gold? You obviously play the game to have them expiring, so why aren't you playing the aspects that gain you gold regularly?

It takes a long time to get enough T2A and T5B to get them put into the stash.
    I have 6 million gold currently. I play arena regularly. All your assumptions are not smart. I'm saying if this pace continues everyone will have a gold problem. You all have 0 foresight.