**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

I think you'll still see quite a few outliers at the end of this season. A lot of the upper mid alliances that have been fighting it out around Gold 1/2 will probably finish higher than they typically "should" this season. They're the ones that will probably have a higher amount of mismatches in their favor and will have quite a few wars with inflated points from opponents not clearing the map.

So if your one of those alliances that ends up with a very padded season score at the end of this one, you shouldn't necessarily assume you'll be there are even close to there once matches even out more

I agree with this 100%. I think it will take 2 or possibly 3 seasons to realy level the playing field.
    Yeah I think a lot of the people saying things will even out after a week or two are way off.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I think you'll still see quite a few outliers at the end of this season. A lot of the upper mid alliances that have been fighting it out around Gold 1/2 will probably finish higher than they typically "should" this season. They're the ones that will probably have a higher amount of mismatches in their favor and will have quite a few wars with inflated points from opponents not clearing the map.

So if your one of those alliances that ends up with a very padded season score at the end of this one, you shouldn't necessarily assume you'll be there are even close to there once matches even out more

Yeah, those alliances have a much lower war rating than they would have if they weren’t facing strong high prestige alliances, so it’s basically the same effect as tanking, this season is going to be all over the place until alliances get into their real position for their strength skill and effort put into war, those alliances getting matched with much stronger alliances they just can’t win against will place lower since they’re getting a higher amount of losses, it’s a great change for the long term, it’s just going to mess up rankings for this season a bit
    Not really. I don't see those alliances making massive gains in war rating once matches even out. They'll be back to matching against alliances their own strength and winning a similar percentage of their wars to before.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    A difference of 13 Mil. Try a 40 Mil with a 6 Mil like was shown here. Everyone keeps talking about skill like ANY of these Matches have a shot. Riiiiight.
    Well thank goodness all the guesswork is taken out for everyone. All they have to do is work their tails off, and Players higher up can tell them what their effort is worth.

Well thank goodness all the guesswork is taken out for everyone. All they have to do is work their tails off, and Players higher up can tell them what their effort is worth.

Yep. Because the EARNED that right by beating the teams that you cannot while you STOLE the rewards from them for their hard efforts of growing their team and competing from the ground up by using loopholes of a broken system.
    Ain't nobody stole anything from anyone. Both systems involved people getting exactly what they earned.
    The difference is, when you take away someone's ability to earn a Win, no matter what they do, it's called a setup.
    Just to be clear, I don't blame Kabam. I don't agree with the decision to handle it like this, but they were trying to make people happy as quickly as possible, given the fact that the climate didn't exactly exude patience.

Yep. Because the EARNED that right by beating the teams that you cannot while you STOLE the rewards from them for their hard efforts of growing their team and competing from the ground up by using loopholes of a broken system.
    Ain't nobody stole anything from anyone. Both systems involved people getting exactly what they earned.
    Oh no. You’ve sat here and insulted everybody who had stronger teams for days because you can’t win. Because you lack skill, a strong team, and common decency. You’ve told everybody that worked hard that they don’t deserve to be ranked above lower ranked teams. Now as somebody who has completed all in game content and had won all war matches at a much higher level last season while ranking below somebody in a 4 star alliance. I’m telling you that you CHEATED THE SYSTEM and YOU ARENT THAT GOOD
    Why do you keep implying I'm here for myself? Our last War was pretty even and we won. We had a hard Season last Season, and went down to Silver 1. We just didn't win enough. I'm not here complaining about that. That was no one's shortcoming but our own. Our Matches were fair.
    I'm here because if something is wrong, it's wrong. No amount of justification and arguing among us will make it right. I'm not here for myself. I'm here to speak up to the reality that it's not rainbows and lollipops, and changing it shouldn't have come at the expense of honest game play.

Oh no. You’ve sat here and insulted everybody who had stronger teams for days because you can’t win. Because you lack skill, a strong team, and common decency. You’ve told everybody that worked hard that they don’t deserve to be ranked above lower ranked teams. Now as somebody who has completed all in game content and had won all war matches at a much higher level last season while ranking below somebody in a 4 star alliance. I’m telling you that you CHEATED THE SYSTEM and YOU ARENT THAT GOOD
    Why do you keep implying I'm here for myself? Our last War was pretty even and we won. We had a hard Season last Season, and went down to Silver 1. We just didn't win enough. I'm not here complaining about that. That was no one's shortcoming but our own. Our Matches were fair.
    I'm here because if something is wrong, it's wrong. No amount of justification and arguing among us will make it right. I'm not here for myself. I'm here to speak up to the reality that it's not rainbows and lollipops, and changing it shouldn't have come at the expense of honest game play.
    Ok there shortcut taker. You can pretend you and the 4 star alliances are the best. And you are better than me because you and your small roster beat uncollected more skillfully than my larger roster beat the champion in act 6.

People who stand up for others are usually honest. And you are not that.
    Do you even hear that response? None of that even applies to me.
    I'm not bothered. You want to keep digging, be my guest. You're the one that makes less and less sense.
    All you're doing is trying to make it personal, and I'm not getting wrapped up in that. The only point you have is I haven't beat The Champion yet. I also don't care, and it's not what we're discussing here, so Imma leave the insults to you, and let the conversation move on.
This discussion has been closed.