**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Alliance Quest Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    Again, the only counter. Let’s all R2 a 6* KG for 1 fight.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    Yeah the problem isn't so sayeth doom, its abit OP but managable... on most paths but not acid wash. there is no f4 member who can poison. But the main issue is hulkbuster, there is no champ in the game that is shock immune that can inflict poison.. willpower can heal some damage even without being heal blocked. but by day 5 its going to be nigh impossible to do. the person i usually have on the path is pretty damn good, usually able to clear it all week without items.. but this week hes nearly itemed out with his voodoo, and thats only day 2... and purely due to the shock damage from hulkbuster!
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Timer is on 17 seconds. So do as much damage as you can in 16 seconds, hit pause and timeout. Rinse and repeat.
    Great addition kabam.....
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    So, first degen fight, I lose 60% health in Thing bc the AI was passive as F. When I usually use blade there, he runs all over me trying to stop me from regenning - literally 5 hit combos running at me linked with a heavy. Today, he just stands around.

I took 0 hits and was punished 60% health. Thanks, Kabam! This game is so fun! @kabamjerks
  • R0n1n1979R0n1n1979 Posts: 26
    Nobody is talking about counterstrike.. that with so sayith doom , parry curse or Power to Cower no ducking way... the acid wash fights are a joke bad joke. If your going to put specific restrictions on how we do damage.. -40% reduction on cosmic champs day is going to next to impossible for acid wash, -40% science is going to be a problem for p2b.
  • BossdogBossdog Posts: 30
    edited July 2020
    Think there can be some changes to So Sayeth Doom. Starting the fight with 17 seconds to throw a special can be rough. Also it’s unlike the other cross fight ability mod like the stun curse mod where fight 1 of 3 whatever you do in that fight is what goes for the next 2 fights. If you do figut 1 perfect you shouldn’t have to worry about commands for the next 2 fights with that champion. A few tweeks could make this a lot easier to deal with. I’m not the best at explaining what I’m thinking but I’m sure someone can expand on this.
  • BossdogBossdog Posts: 30
    @Kapitz its champion specific. So if the first fight you use Corvus and stun them once your stun time is now decreased by 25% for the remainder of that fight and the next two fights that you use Corvus.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Grub said:

Can people stop using the “you don’t have to use the modifier” excuse? It’s complete ****. Kabam added the modifier for it to be used. The issue (like always), is that they don’t have anyone that plays high level content and tests these nodes.

Literally it would take a single day of one capable person running these paths and globals to tell them it was broken. There is a difference in adding challenging content and adding broken content.

In this case, some of these modifiers are broken and require being reworked. It’s really not that hard. Test your damn content.

They also added tiered rewards for players who do not wish to use the modifiers so players can use those as well.

Broken, no. It’s obviously beyond some people’s capabilities though.
    It's clearly beyond your capability since you yourself are not someone who runs it, just someone who gives a not-so-expert opinion on it that could not be any further from useful.
    Playing So Sayeth day 2 right now. I hear a lot of complaints but saw zero talk about it before it came into effect not sure how much thought people put into this before hand like I did. Granted I have fairly easy paths but if this was discussed before hand I would’ve gladly taken paths from people who didn’t have the counters.

https://youtu.be/vbVTNHv-ZOY

https://youtu.be/IhIzs7PCol4
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Mike192 said:

DalBot said:

Grub said:

Can people stop using the “you don’t have to use the modifier” excuse? It’s complete ****. Kabam added the modifier for it to be used. The issue (like always), is that they don’t have anyone that plays high level content and tests these nodes.

Literally it would take a single day of one capable person running these paths and globals to tell them it was broken. There is a difference in adding challenging content and adding broken content.

In this case, some of these modifiers are broken and require being reworked. It’s really not that hard. Test your damn content.

They also added tiered rewards for players who do not wish to use the modifiers so players can use those as well.

It's clearly beyond your capability since you yourself are not someone who runs it, just someone who gives a not-so-expert opinion on it that could not be any further from useful.
    Playing So Sayeth day 2 right now. I hear a lot of complaints but saw zero talk about it before it came into effect not sure how much thought people put into this before hand like I did. Granted I have fairly easy paths but if this was discussed before hand I would’ve gladly taken paths from people who didn’t have the counters.

This isnt Acid Wash right? I jumped on this post bcuz of that
    No, my bad it’s late and I only read the post I responded to when quoted.
    Wow, double intercept followed by double intercept. Super random.
  • Jerk_oftheyearJerk_oftheyear Posts: 2
    If we want kabam to respond, we have to pretend like something is going on that benefits the players. They would hop all over that in record time.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    We need this issue addressed asap. The node design did the complete opposite of what is intended.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I do not like them and won’t use them.

They need to be adjusted
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

You keep talking so smugly and arrogantly about something, meanwhile you yourself aren't doing it for... reasons..You could have requested to run it to "own the idiots" on the forums, but you didn't.

This ONE PARTICULAR LINE with THESE PARTICULAR modifiers and THESE PARTICULAR champs are just cruel and fly in the face of everything we were promised about not needing specific champs making for a better QoL in game. Many alliances are left to figure out which nodes to leave up on Map 7 Dr Doom because this is now an item and time out fiesta. Map 7 is teetering on being as unplayable as AW and that's absolutely putrid.

We need solutions other than "King Groot with Man-Thing synergy”. This is antithetical to everything we have been promised.
  • McCloud33McCloud33 Posts: 43
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

This "So sayeth doom" modifier is just stupid. There are several instances that you are unable to complete the prompt whether that be double special attack, debuff a stun immune, an AI that is passive and won't attack in for the intercept and the fact that the F4 champs can't deal with every node in aq. Compound that with the fact that the defuffs last for 3 more fights is just too much!

You said that you wanted to change those pain points in AQ that were encouraging ppl to use the corvus timeout method, but this is exactly what this is doing. If you happen to get the debuffs on you there is NO WAY to remove them other than enter a fight and timeout. I tried to fight through and it's just not worth it. The combination of fatigue , crit reduction and concussion (none of which have the values for how strong they are) make it impossible to do a fight so your only real option is to time out 3 times taking the 50% health reduction and then use your potions when they're all gone.

This node is just way too punishing to the player. At least in the grandmaster fight, you were allowed 5 blunders before you were penalized. PLEASE FIX THIS!
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    So all this Kabam attention on a gimmicky Sabretooth "bug", but why are we getting ABSOLUTELY ZERO attention to this issue that is absolutely enraging so much of your high end player base? Is it because we are having to drop so much coin on item usage above and beyond the normal Glory returns that we now can't use on T5B?

This is absurdity and it is already leading to players simply leaving the game. SSD is one of the most poorly designed and punitive things I have seen in this game in a long time. I get the objective to emphasize skillful play, but when you do it in a way that harms the player when many of the random objectives are completely unfeasible, not ok at all.
  • TipoTipo Posts: 113
    Mike192 said:

DalBot said:

Grub said:

This isnt Acid Wash right? I jumped on this post bcuz of that
    Near death 1st couple fights on a super easy path is probably not ideal. So sayeth doom tripled the avg. item use for all of last aq in a day.
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    DalBot said:

You keep talking so smugly and arrogantly about something, meanwhile you yourself aren't doing it for... reasons..You could have requested to run it to "own the idiots" on the forums, but you didn't.

This ONE PARTICULAR LINE with THESE PARTICULAR modifiers and THESE PARTICULAR champs are just cruel and fly in the face of everything we were promised about not needing specific champs making for a better QoL in game. Many alliances are left to figure out which nodes to leave up on Map 7 Dr Doom because this is now an item and time out fiesta. Map 7 is teetering on being as unplayable as AW and that's absolutely putrid.

We need solutions other than "King Groot with Man-Thing synergy”. This is antithetical to everything we have been promised.
    What’s up Dal!

3 of us R5’d KG for doom day on acid wash. Was a bummer. BUT, does KG need Man-Thing to be able to shrug everything off at the start of the fight? Or will KG do that on his own?
  • TipoTipo Posts: 113

One of my team members is leaving. You know what he told me? He said "Talents I did all those rankups on July 4th and Kabam made the game harder for me." He said "we'll never just be allowed to have fun." Thanks a lot Kabam I lost yet another player because you don't test your work.

Why not have the CCP go in and test AQ modifiers? They would've figured everything out in a matter of hours and told you so sayeth doom was a terrible node design. Yet you all are concentrating on a Sabretooth bug that we couldn't even use yet.

This sums it up perfectly thanks.
    And first time in 3 years, I've itemed out and cannot finish my path. Hey, @kabam, r u listening to me? I'm on degen paths in map 6 and it's impossible with F4 champs. I don't have corvus and cannot do the timeout 3 time trick.

I know I'll be banned or something for this, but frankly, **** YOU! This is the most **** that you've ever pulled. You tell me how many great matchups a KM or KG on degen there are?

Oh, btw, I got double intercept like 3 **** times with my non-F4 champs. Thanks a lot!

Retirement or stepping down to 4*5 is where I'm going.

#F2PDEAD