**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam—you know officers make this game go

Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
And your war and aq changes are making them quit. Games are supposed to be fun. Spending 8-10 hours fighting insane node combinations and planning is not fun.

Aq was a mode where once it was set, we could hop on and just clear our path. Now it takes more time than even war.

If officers in these allies leave out of frustration, you aren’t going to have allies. If you don’t have allies, you aren’t going to have a game.

The amount of items you should be refunding players at this point is astronomical. I have not been able to do any arena bc is this stupid stuff.

Comments

• Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    By refunding you mean...?
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    As @Esket1t_420 said just dont do it. Ain't nobody forcing you too
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Run477 said:

And your war and aq changes are making them quit. Games are supposed to be fun. Spending 8-10 hours fighting insane node combinations and planning is not fun.

Aq was a mode where once it was set, we could hop on and just clear our path. Now it takes more time than even war.

If officers in these allies leave out of frustration, you aren’t going to have allies. If you don’t have allies, you aren’t going to have a game.

The amount of items you should be refunding players at this point is astronomical. I have not been able to do any arena bc is this stupid stuff.

Point number 2 is 100% false. AQ and AW have always had an element of assigned paths.

As for everything else- being in an alliance is a team based aspect of the game. It's the whole purpose of alliances. Officers know what is being asked of them when they step into that role. I am not sure how or where you are getting 8-10 hours of fighting from? To me it sounds like you are in over your head with your AQ map and AW tier.

Also where are you getting that they owe you items? What do they owe players? Maybe you just need to step away from the game.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Arsoz said:

Get ready to get nuked with responses saying "But i already did everything else so AQ is my only way to progress"

That’s fine. Maybe there are lots of people who aren’t in allies and just mess around with this game. That’s fine.

But when it comes to alliance formats, officers have to recruit and plan (defense, attack war, aq). And then somehow find time to actually play the game. I spend way more time doing officer stuff than I actually do playing the game
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    Run477 said:

Arsoz said:

Get ready to get nuked with responses saying "But i already did everything else so AQ is my only way to progress"

That’s fine. Maybe there are lots of people who aren’t in allies and just mess around with this game. That’s fine.

But when it comes to alliance formats, officers have to recruit and plan (defense, attack war, aq). And then somehow find time to actually play the game. I spend way more time doing officer stuff than I actually do playing the game
    then don’t become an officer and step down? i don’t understand why you are complaining about too much work when you put yourself in a position in which you know you have to work
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Run477 said:

Arsoz said:

It's your choice to be an officer/leader. No one forced you to do that. Take some responsibility. You chose to be in a position of power in your alliance. That means you agreed to all the thankless work that goes along with that title. Choices.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Arsoz said:

It's your choice to be an officer/leader. No one forced you to do that. Take some responsibility. You chose to be in a position of power in your alliance. That means you agreed to all the thankless work that goes along with that title. Choices.
    Again, thanks for proving my point

Some people do all the work. Others tell them it’s “your choice.”
    Because it is your choice. You choose to be an officer. It's not like you have to do all the work as an officer. If the work load is too much, ask the leader to make more people officers to handle that.

Kabam in no way is responsible for the way that alliances choose to run themselves.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    You left out some of the officer’s duties. Not pushing your alliance further than they can bear or are capable of. Maybe better said as a duty to know your alliances limits and capabilities.

This burden does not have to be entirely on the officers as the alliance as whole has a duty to it. Have them help out and do the work, see how willing they are to do what the officers have decided they should do.

Make a plan, lay out the maps lanes and modifiers and have your bgs fill out what they can do. If they cannot fulfill the required roles make adjustments, another one of the officers duties.

You left out some of the officer’s duties. Not pushing your alliance further than they can bear or are capable of. Maybe better said as a duty to know your alliances limits and capabilities.

This burden does not have to be entirely on the officers as the alliance as whole has a duty to it. Have them help out and do the work, see how willing they are to do what the officers have decided they should do.

Make a plan, lay out the maps lanes and modifiers and have your bgs fill out what they can do. If they cannot fulfill the required roles make adjustments, another one of the officers duties.

Tried that in the past in map 7. Usually ends up with someone hopping on and taking three easy Corvus paths and inevitably last person on not having the champs to clear the remaining paths.

That’s doable in map 6. I haven’t seen It ever work in map 7
    ItsDamien said:

Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Arsoz said:

Because it is your choice. You choose to be an officer. It's not like you have to do all the work as an officer. If the work load is too much, ask the leader to make more people officers to handle that.

Kabam in no way is responsible for the way that alliances choose to run themselves.
    Do you not think I ask people weekly who else will help? I love these responses.
    Hardly anyone wants to be an officer before the changes.

Now everyone is running from it lol
    Run477 said:

Run477 said:

ItsDamien said:

Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Arsoz said:

Do you not think I ask people weekly who else will help? I love these responses.
    Then the answer is simple. Find others who do want to and replace those who don't want to help the alliance benefit as a whole.

Kabam is not there to micromanage your alliances for you.
    We have done map 7 for the entire time I have been here 6 or 7 seasons now (and before that). We finished masters last season and finished plat 1 or masters almost every season I have been here (one season we finished plat 2 rank 1 when maintenance second to the last war of the season cost us a boss kill).

We can handle map 7. And I’m telling you, this new version is awful and it’s making people quit fast and nobody wants to do the extra work of planning when that happenz
    ItsDamien said:

Run477 said:

Run477 said:

ItsDamien said:

Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Arsoz said:

Then the answer is simple. Find others who do want to and replace those who don't want to help the alliance benefit as a whole.

Kabam is not there to micromanage your alliances for you.
    Let’s see how that goes:

“Hey, anyone that just jumped from an ally or got kicked want to come be an officer?” Lol
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Arsoz said:

Girl, because it is your choice. Community service volunteers don't complain about the amount work that they're doing because they chose to be volunteers. They chose to help for nothing in return. That's the same for alliance officers/leaders. We're basically volunteers. If you don't want that responsibility, then just step down and find someone more willing.
    Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Point number 2 is 100% false. AQ and AW have always had an element of assigned paths.

As for everything else- being in an alliance is a team based aspect of the game. It's the whole purpose of alliances. Officers know what is being asked of them when they step into that role. I am not sure how or where you are getting 8-10 hours of fighting from? To me it sounds like you are in over your head with your AQ map and AW tier.

Also where are you getting that they owe you items? What do they owe players? Maybe you just need to step away from the game.

Run477 said:

Run477 said:

I’m sorry what is false? I set paths in aq. Then everyone could just run the paths set. How is that false? Maybe you do map 3 and never have to plan anything?

And you’re probably right. And I don’t know why I bother with forums. I try to talk to kabam about what is going on and it always ends up being people just attacking people for stating facts.

Here’s a fact:

Map 7 I used to be able to run, total, maybe an hour. Yesterday it took me 1.5 hours to clear 4 fights. 3 sections of aq. It took me 12 timeouts with king groot (bc everyone else was bleeding Items) just to drop moon knight. These aren’t Corvus timeouts. These are fight for 5 minutes straight timeouts.
    So what has changed about AQ? You still assign paths if that's what your point was. Your OP was terribly written and thought out. Pretty soon you'll be able to assign paths via the battle group tab. You can now make sure people join the right BG;s as well now. All of which makes an officers job easier.

You're posting on a public forum. You aren't usually ever going to speak directly to Kabam. A MOD would be the closest thing to that but your post isn't constructive so its likely never going to make it anywhere. All you are doing is complaining with out offering any ways to fix whatever it is you are mad about.

If you are using Epic modifiers (your alliances' choice) then health pools increased as they add 50% attack and health. So yeah, the fights are longer. But again, YOUR alliances (officers and leader) made the choice to use those modifiers. Can't blame Kabam for your choices.

Sounds like you need to step down from being a officer. I don't think you can handle it.
    edited July 2020
    Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Arsoz said:

then don’t become an officer and step down? i don’t understand why you are complaining about too much work when you put yourself in a position in which you know you have to work
    You’re proving my point. If everyone says screw this, I don’t want to do it. Who is going to be the officers?
    People that want to do it obviously?
    Speeds80 said:

Why is this forum full of these people mocking anybody that makes a game suggestion, As usual this is a game design discussion, pointed at kabam to question whether they are making smart moves with their design as it is frustrating people and encouraging people to not want to keep competing at a top level. As everybody seems to keep suggesting. Less people competing At the top level isn’t a healthy game design plan. Everybody with their comments to tell someone not to keep trying to competing or running alliances seem to Be the people that should be nowhere near a ‘game design’ discussion. If your attitude is game is designed, suck it up buttercup, if it falls apart it’s because of people’s bad attitudes towards that bad game design. Enforcing the unhealthy view that nobody should suggest anything, and that the forum isn’t a place for constructive feedback. Too many trolls lurking trying to find anyone they can try and belittle.
    Item use in war is way way up from the new maps, this may settle as we get more used to them, but it may burnout many along the way, burnout was a factor kabam have been recognising and clearly attempting to address lately, (realising the 5 year vets who keep spending are keeping their profits up more than the short termers who may not last very long. When up and coming people see the videos and stories of how terrible map 7 design is now, it hardly inspires them to try and progress

TLDR.

The topic creator is whining about Officers doing too much work for Alliance related things.

You know what people can do? It's amazing really. I'll tell you. Humans, believe it or not, have the capacity to choose what they do and do not do.

This isn't even a vague discussion about the game design. If people don't like something, then don't do it. You wouldn't cut off your own finger, then think "man I don't like that" and do it again.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    The topic creator is suggesting to kabam that their design maybe off and maybe causing burnout: maybe you should read it objectively instead of with troll goggles
    Speeds80 said:

Why is this forum full of these people mocking anybody that makes a game suggestion, As usual this is a game design discussion, pointed at kabam to question whether they are making smart moves with their design as it is frustrating people and encouraging people to not want to keep competing at a top level. As everybody seems to keep suggesting. Less people competing At the top level isn’t a healthy game design plan. Everybody with their comments to tell someone not to keep trying to competing or running alliances seem to Be the people that should be nowhere near a ‘game design’ discussion. If your attitude is game is designed, suck it up buttercup, if it falls apart it’s because of people’s bad attitudes towards that bad game design. Enforcing the unhealthy view that nobody should suggest anything, and that the forum isn’t a place for constructive feedback. Too many trolls lurking trying to find anyone they can try and belittle.
    Item use in war is way way up from the new maps, this may settle as we get more used to them, but it may burnout many along the way, burnout was a factor kabam have been recognising and clearly attempting to address lately, (realising the 5 year vets who keep spending are keeping their profits up more than the short termers who may not last very long. When up and coming people see the videos and stories of how terrible map 7 design is now, it hardly inspires them to try and progress

Tell me which part of this original post was an actual suggestion? I'd really like to know how any of the OP was an actual game suggestion.
    Speeds80 said:

The topic creator is suggesting to kabam that their design maybe off and maybe causing burnout: maybe you should read it objectively instead of with troll goggles

It's hard to objectively read a subjective message.

Perhaps you should take your psuedo intellectual monocle off.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Notice how he’s not Telling anybody else to make game choices or play the game differently, but you are telling him to change the way he plays because the changes that you may not have even experienced are somehow justified by you.
    Ever consider that people quitting being an officer or quitting the game, or quitting competing at those levels: A don’t effect you, and B actually may not be in kabams grand scheme of things
This discussion has been closed.