**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Man it was going so well... (Canadian Difficulty Week 3 Feedback)

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
(*TL;DR at the bottom)
I was Really Enjoying the Fun Node Combos Kabam was coming up with in the Northern Expadition's Canadian Difficulty during Week 1 and 2, , but now in Week 3 it just looks like they went back to the usual Annoying Node Combos... All Or Nothing+Improved Power Gain for example being such a Tired and Overused Node Combo...
Why couldn't we keep going in the direction of the "Toxicant? Toxi-can!"+Poison Vulnerability+60 Seconds Bleed Path, it gave us options like using a Team of Robots or any Bleed Immune Champion that can't normally Apply Poison.
Simple idea on the Caustic Temper Path swap Chaos for a Node along the lines of "Completing - Actions without Fail earns the Attacker a 10 Second Fury increasing Attack by -, if the Actions Required are Failed the Attacker will be Drain 100% of their Current Power." sort of like Mojo's Prompts but with multiple inputs required, just a Fun Node Combo that would let you use certain Poison Immune Champions you wouldn't normally use on Caustic Temper simply by preforming a set of Commands given by the Node and gives you a Challenge by needing to Fulfill this set of Commands or else you'll be Penalised but not instantly Ko'ed or something. So it's not the easiest thing ever but making a mistake won't slam you into the ground you know?

*All I'm trying to say is I was really enjoying the direction they were going in (and hope they continue the direction) with Node Combos that instead of just making the Fights Harder, it gave Counters you wouldn't normally use with Fun Interactions but not making the fights so easy you could do them blind. (The Power Shield+Power Reserve Path in Week 2 for example, had those Big Fun Numbers but it was so easy and the enemies went down so quickly...)

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

I like all or nothing
    Gully 2099 was made for it

Agreed, she rocked those paths.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

I like all or nothing

Seems like you haven’t tried og Vision. Absolute domination. Had both Vision Guilly99 on team and Vision was a safer choice. With Vision you keep the opponent between 0 to 1 power bar while with guilly between 2 to 3, balancing on the edge.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    I just really dislike the breakthrough global node. It makes the fight unnecessarily long even if you bring perfect counters to the other nodes.
  • Options
    _colo_colo Posts: 50
    I didn't feel the difficulty and the nodes were bad. But all the freaking paths. It gets tedious and BORING. Please just stop it. Its seems like Kabam has a goal to make side quests feel like ground hogs day. Either in the excessive amount of paths to run or constant recycling of the same quests. On both fronts, please stop it. Put that on your roadmap.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    The difficulty and node combinations are fine. This is when if your roster is not more developed you may need to go in with some lower level characters to overcome. That’s why it’s higher level difficulty and not for everyone.

Plenty of solutions still to these node combinations.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

I like all or nothing

Seems like you haven’t tried og Vision. Absolute domination. Had both Vision Guilly99 on team and Vision was a safer choice. With Vision you keep the opponent between 0 to 1 power bar while with guilly between 2 to 3, balancing on the edge.
    OR you could bring guilly who gets the fights done 10x faster even if it is a little riskier
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    edited July 2020

I didn't feel the difficulty and the nodes were bad. But all the freaking paths. It gets tedious and BORING. Please just stop it. Its seems like Kabam has a goal to make side quests feel like ground hogs day. Either in the excessive amount of paths to run or constant recycling of the same quests. On both fronts, please stop it. Put that on your roadmap.

Kabam did say this Canadian difficulty would be a testing ground for future Cavalier difficulties, so I imagine all the node combos are what we'll see rotating with every EQ.

the defenders with those node combos haven't been bad at all if you have a proper counter, even a 4* could pull it off.

the real challenge will be when they attach some of these nodes to Annihilus, Mojo, Korg, Doom, etc..

Personally I've enjoyed it so far, I was able to put my r5 ManThing to work on that poison vulnerability path.

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Finally some more difficult content, nodes are interesting like poison vulnerability with the one where you inflict poison on hits. Can try the paths infinite times but I’ve actually died a few times which I hadn’t come close to in the last two weeks. I like the difficulty
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I did Caustic Temper with my 5/50 Medusa and All-Or-Nothing with 4/55 Magik and 5/50 Warlock for that Havok. I've found this week to be really fun personally. I liked the node combos. It makes you bring in champs you may not have ranked up that high, but not all is lost because of the breakthrough node.
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I’m going to be honest, cav eq needs to be harder than this to have any longevity, if the difficulty of cav eq is like this now it’s not going to satisfy players who have been cav for a few months, and it also needs better rewards so it lasts longer relatively. As for the nodes they’re fine, all or nothing can be done with literally any power controller, bleed and toxicant is even easier than a generic fight because the nodes let you apply poison, yes caustic temper is annoying but the fights aren’t that strong, and the unstoppable path is super basic, if you’re not able to do this then you simply aren’t ready, there isn’t any cheap bs in this, it’s simply very long and boring

That is the point, if you got the correct champs, you won't have any issues.

So, the "needs to be harder" is all relative to what you have.

Kabam could make 12 paths, have the first 3 for those that just turned Cav, then next 3 would be harder, next 3 is final Act 6 level difficulty, and the last 3 would be gated to only use 3* champs to make it harder, otherwise, no matter what they do, there are people now with R3 6*s that can beat ANY content they want.
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Emma frost, Sparky, Doom, Ghost with Hood synergy, Guilly 2099, Vision, Quake, Mr Fantastic to name a few options that are viable for all or nothing.

If you are finding it difficult , then that means you need to work on your roster.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

I like all or nothing

Maybe you're thinking of Sp1 spam with G99. If you ramp her up in the first fight, you can turn on her power drain pre-fight. Every time you finish a combo, they lose a bit of power which means no one ever reaches a Sp3 on that path. Plus the healthpools were kinda built for her to finish the fight fast AND be able to throw that Sp3. Way better than Vision.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I’m going to be honest, cav eq needs to be harder than this to have any longevity, if the difficulty of cav eq is like this now it’s not going to satisfy players who have been cav for a few months, and it also needs better rewards so it lasts longer relatively. As for the nodes they’re fine, all or nothing can be done with literally any power controller, bleed and toxicant is even easier than a generic fight because the nodes let you apply poison, yes caustic temper is annoying but the fights aren’t that strong, and the unstoppable path is super basic, if you’re not able to do this then you simply aren’t ready, there isn’t any cheap bs in this, it’s simply very long and boring

Yeah I agree, it’s pretty easy.
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302

is this why Mysterio was able to heavy attack me into oblivion?? LOL ..i mean he LITERALLY just spammed heavies on me .. heavy after special, heavy after intercept .. heavy, heavy, heavy ... almost non stop .. I was like WTF. i can never do that when i'm playing as Mysterio.

Well, after sp2 you can do it, all incoming attacks gonna miss when you charge heavy
  • Options
    LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 219 ★★
    Greekhit said:

I like all or nothing

Whoever disagreed with this post should show their video footage of them kill that havok with guilly2099.
    I know I don't have her, but the power she drains is pretty little. Havok generates power passively, I would like to see how she works around that.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

so op is the complaint more about lack of creativity or difficulty

Starting with Increased Creativity in Week 1 and 2, then lack of Creativity in Week 3.