**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sunspot vs Abyss Mesphisto?

Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
Hey all, I’m prepping for my Abyss run currently. I have all of the horsemen at 5/65 except for Torch (I don’t have him at all). I’ve heard a lot about Void being used as an alternative against Mephisto, but he’s only rank 4. I was wondering if Sunspot is a valid counter? From what I gather, there doesn’t seem to be anything that hinders Sunspot’s abilities. I would very much like to save the T5B and T2A and not rank up Void, since I already have Sunspot at rank 5. Also, is She Hulk’s damage valid enough to be able to power through aura of incineration? Obviously it would take revives.

So yeah, can I use Sunspot for Abyss Mephisto?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    No. You’ll regret it so much you’ll restart the path.

Meph will keep gaining power from Sunspot’s incinerated, and your Big Bang sp2 will deal a sad 85k due to the cap, whilst you’re struggling to bait special after special after special.

If you have a 4* duped Torch, bring him along. He’ll serve his purpose although it will be more costly (ie you most probably won’t solo Meph which is why you’ll need him duped to regain the persistent charge).

And no. She Hulk won’t cut it. As much as you’ll be able to bait special after special to maintain your furies, the chip damage you take from the aura will eventually kill you before you get a substantial ramp up needed to take him down. And as we all know, the longer you use She Hulk as she ramps up through the fight, the better she gets. So what will eventually happen is that you’ll always be using the front underpowered version of her without being able to get to the insane portion of her.
  • Options
    Corby11Corby11 Posts: 170
    What @xNig said.

I r5 my 4* Human Torch for it, he did most of the damage then I finished him of with 5* colossus.
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    It will be a nightmare. If you want Mephisto Counters then here is a list:
    1)Human Torch.

2)Void.

3)Claire Voyant.

4)Blade (Parry and MLM, Only Sp1, Max deep wounds, you will be gaining power like hell and you will be stacking thise bleeds like pro, no hitting on block just Parry MLM).

5)Havok(Go to Sp1 and throw it, wait for plasma charges to go up atleast to 5 or 6, after that only parry and heavy, just Parry and heavy, keep maintain your plasma charges to 5 or 6 and don't throw any specials, I am not sure but he will loosing atleast 1000K health per tick means 2k health per second, if you use boosts).

6)Omega Red(Since omega red is a champion who instead of relying on big yellow numbers relies on red numbers, just go and check my Omega red guide efor abyss, you will know how to use, Suicides are not necessary but if you can run Suicides that's awesome.

7)Red Hulk (He need wto be awakened, red hulk can do almost all mystic fights, his damage Against mystic class is insane, my alliance member took down Realm of legends juggernaut with red hulk in 70 Hits and we all know juggernaut have higher physical resistance than mephisto and Mordo. Then imagine what will red hulk do to Abyss Mephisto,Mordo and Loki, awakening abilitiy is necessary).

If you don't have any of these options, I can tell you more options, but I don't think it's mephisto you should be worry about, you should be worry about Mordo and IMIW. Without Human Torch, Mordo and IMIW are units drainer.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    I’d recommend ranking Void and bringing him along. He is definitely still worth the R5 for a lot of late-game content, and is excellent for the Mephisto fight. On my initial clear, my R5 sig 200 Void took him down very handily with just 2 revives, running zero boosts.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Void is also very good for the Mordo and Joe Fixit fights, so you wouldn’t be bringing him along for just one scrap
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

It will be a nightmare. If you want Mephisto Counters then here is a list:
    1)Human Torch.

2)Void.

3)Claire Voyant.

4)Blade (Parry and MLM, Only Sp1, Max deep wounds, you will be gaining power like hell and you will be stacking thise bleeds like pro, no hitting on block just Parry MLM).

5)Havok(Go to Sp1 and throw it, wait for plasma charges to go up atleast to 5 or 6, after that only parry and heavy, just Parry and heavy, keep maintain your plasma charges to 5 or 6 and don't throw any specials, I am not sure but he will loosing atleast 1000K health per tick means 2k health per second, if you use boosts).

6)Omega Red(Since omega red is a champion who instead of relying on big yellow numbers relies on red numbers, just go and check my Omega red guide efor abyss, you will know how to use, Suicides are not necessary but if you can run Suicides that's awesome.

7)Red Hulk (He need wto be awakened, red hulk can do almost all mystic fights, his damage Against mystic class is insane, my alliance member took down Realm of legends juggernaut with red hulk in 70 Hits and we all know juggernaut have higher physical resistance than mephisto and Mordo. Then imagine what will red hulk do to Abyss Mephisto,Mordo and Loki, awakening abilitiy is necessary).

If you don't have any of these options, I can tell you more options, but I don't think it's mephisto you should be worry about, you should be worry about Mordo and IMIW. Without Human Torch, Mordo and IMIW are units drainer.

I can vouch for Red Hulk being a viable option against Mephisto. I did not have Human Torch in my first run. Used r5 RH and took him down with 2 revives.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Right on, thanks for all the info everyone. Greatly appreciated, I’ve got none of the other counters other than Void, and I don’t have Torch above a 3* version. So Void 5/65 it shall be.

Again, thanks for all the help y’all. At the core of things I’m just impatient lol, I’m just waiting on 4 more T2A and 6 T4 Science. Have a great day everyone!