[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Sanax133Sanax133 Member Posts: 7
    LIS1 said:
    Same exact thing is happening to me been this way for about a week.
  • Tseramed19Tseramed19 Member Posts: 35

@Tseramed19 Do you happen to know what your resolution and frame rate settings were before the update? You should not have to use a higher setting now to run the game how it was before the update. If nothing else has been changed on your phone since the update, then it is the update that is causing the issue. My frame rate during fights has halved since I installed the update. Even if I change to running at my phone's max refresh rate, the fps is worse than before the update.

@SuperToebash , unfortunately, i do not know for sure what my resolution and frame rate settings were before the update. i would imagine that they were on the "normal" setting. instead of the "high" that i changed to when i made my follow up post. (I am unaware of quantitative/numerial settings like x.x fps, etc. Rather, my settings just allow me to toggle qualitatively.)

and true, i cannot disagree with the points you are making. i agree with every single one. i posted my findings in case it helps anyone. i don't expect a fix anytime soon, so I was getting desperate to find a work-around so at least i could clear some content. good luck to you. this is frustrating.
  • AlphaChaosAlphaChaos Member Posts: 20

I did a full reinstall like @AlphaChaos but to no avail. Tried some fights today and turned on the Realtime info statistics during fights. When I set the refresh rate to 90Hz the fps during fights cap out at 45 fps. Setting to 120Hz it caps out at 60fps. Before the update, the fps was almost always close to 90fps at 90Hz.

@SuperToebash, I did a bit of fiddling around with the FPS options on my OP 7T Pro. I dropped the refresh rate to 60Hz. Menu animation and map areas were totally choppy and stuttering. I started one match, finished it and forced the refresh rate back to 90Hz. Menu animation is better and a bit smooth but minor stutter. Started another match and funny thing, I didn't notice any difference while playing in 60Hz and 90Hz. The first time I switched from 60Hz (dynamic 90Hz) to 90Hz (forced 90Hz) the difference in gameplay was pretty clear. This is making me think that the latest update somehow locked the FPS to 60 or below and confirms your testing on your ROG phone.
    I got really frustrated while playing the game last night and downgraded it back to 27.2.0 from 27.2.5 (had a backup of the APK and Data using Titanium Backup). Difference is night and day. Sticking to this version until the next update is live and confirms the issue is fixed.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Member Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    When AQ was on, the app freezes for 5-8 seconds whenever I start an AQ fight. Now that I'm doing some paths in Act 6, the same thing happens for 3-5 secs. I'm using a Samsung A50 with the latest game and OS updates.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,382 ★★★★★

I did a full reinstall like @AlphaChaos but to no avail. Tried some fights today and turned on the Realtime info statistics during fights. When I set the refresh rate to 90Hz the fps during fights cap out at 45 fps. Setting to 120Hz it caps out at 60fps. Before the update, the fps was almost always close to 90fps at 90Hz.

@SuperToebash, I did a bit of fiddling around with the FPS options on my OP 7T Pro. I dropped the refresh rate to 60Hz. Menu animation and map areas were totally choppy and stuttering. I started one match, finished it and forced the refresh rate back to 90Hz. Menu animation is better and a bit smooth but minor stutter. Started another match and funny thing, I didn't notice any difference while playing in 60Hz and 90Hz. The first time I switched from 60Hz (dynamic 90Hz) to 90Hz (forced 90Hz) the difference in gameplay was pretty clear. This is making me think that the latest update somehow locked the FPS to 60 or below and confirms your testing on your ROG phone.
    FPS is also capped on Samsung S20 Plus. No higher than 60 FPS in fight.

I forgot to mention that it was a smooth 120 (verified through a few different fps and refresh rate counters). I tested it on Day 1 or I would have returned the phone. It used to be uncanny valley smooth.
  • Avalon986Avalon986 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all!
    Just wanted to add about those "Fight" button hangups....
    When i press "Fight" in
    EQ and story quests hangs for 3-5 seconds.
    AQ it hangs for 8-10 seconds.
    Labyrinth of Legends for about 15-25 seconds
    My device is a Moto 8 power with Android 10.
    There was no problem like that befor the sever crashes started.
  • demboyz16demboyz16 Member Posts: 38
    In-Game Name: demboyz16
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 10
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 27.2.5
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Connection and stability issues. I've lost connection several times now in the middle of quests, costing revives and potions. I can be stationary on the home screen and I'll lose connection. My wireless and cellular bars are full and for some reason I gain connection whenever I force stop the game.
  • demboyz16demboyz16 Member Posts: 38
    In-Game Name: demboyz16
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 10
    Description of the Issue: Connection and stability issues. I've lost connection several times now in the middle of quests, costing revives and potions. I can be stationary on the home screen and I'll lose connection. My wireless and cellular bars are full and for some reason I gain connection whenever I force stop the game.
  • LimodajiLimodaji Member Posts: 5

I am having the same problem on OP7pro. I thought something were messed up. Tried everything from reinstall to factory reset. The stuttering issues continued along with some textures not showing. I hope this gets resolved in the upcoming patch. In the meantime I managed to get an older apk and go back to 27.2.0.
    Superflex said:

In-Game Name: SuperFlex
    Device and Model: Samsung S10

Issues:
    Constant lag moving between screens
    Logged out repeatedly
    Parry's not registering regularly
    Dropped blocks occasionally
    Specials not activating intermittently
    Dexterity works sporadically

I see plenty of feedback but no recent response from the team. Can someone please acknowledge the aforementioned is currently under investigation, thanks!

Expect bases and world peace before Kabam makes some headway on addressing the issues with lag, graphical issues, and general game gimpiness. Unless it keeps you from buying stuff. That will get fixed at warp speed.
  • AfflictionAffliction Member Posts: 382 ★★
    Game still having major disconnection issues! So let's start AQ! AGAIN yay...
  • NooboholicNooboholic Member Posts: 10
    Stop AQ please nothing has changed for Android users in fact it disconnects more often than before. Been trying to fight for an hour here and unable to complete a fight.
  • ManquitoomarManquitoomar Member Posts: 10
    In-Game Name: E L M A N C O
    Device and Model: SAMSUNG GALAXY S9
    Device Operating System: ANDROID 10
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: in any game mode, any character of my rooster when the battle finish marks a connection problem...
    I am frustrated... more in AQ i win the fight then dissconect and my character is half life when i connect again...
    Please do something i am having this problem oftenly

My wifi is ok and function perfectly whit any other app
  • AgentNutzNZAgentNutzNZ Member Posts: 70
    In-Game Name: AgentNutzNZ
    Device and Model: Huawei P20 Mate Pro
    Device Operating System: 10
    Description of the Issue: Freezing after hitting Fight button, jumpy in game, this affects dex/parry/evade/block/some hits don't register, blocks don't register, evades register but hit by the attack that you evade/dex.
    Randomly blocking though i haven't blocked.

Seems like this last set of game meltdowns have really created open wounds.
  • Danny790Danny790 Member Posts: 27
    In-Game Name: Danny~790
    Device and Model: MiA2
    Device Operating System: 10
    Game Version Installed: Latest (cant check the exact number, unable to login)
    Description of the Issue: Cannot login to the game. Even if I am successful, browsing through few screens crashes the game again.
  • RJOHMERJOHME Member Posts: 13

In-Game Name: Rjohme
    Device and Model: (Samsung s9+)
    Device Operating System: (10)
    Cellular or WiFi: both. CELLULAR, mobile carrier: Verizon
    Game Mode: All, Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: I am getting kicked out of the game. It keep saying I did not have internet but I have check both my WIFI and Cell Data. I also have an Apple tablet and it does not have the same issues
  • BRG_5555BRG_5555 Member Posts: 3
    Samsung m20, android 10, stuck on download screen, in game name: ČÖŞMÕ. version. 27.2.0
  • Warlord5386Warlord5386 Member Posts: 245 ★★
    edited July 2020

Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro, Android 10
    I'm stuck on downloading screen after installing the new update from play store.
  • tfdrp2tfdrp2 Member Posts: 49
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10
    In game name tfdrp
    I was able to get into the game 3-4 times yesterday, and 1 time today. I sit looking at this screen every other time I try to get into the game

• 777dude777dude Member Posts: 6
    My game won't open whileim connected to wifi
    It only works with cellular data which is frustrating
    👿👿👿👿👿👿👿👿👿
  • tfdrp2tfdrp2 Member Posts: 49
    tfdrp2 said:

Samsung Galaxy Note 10
    In game name tfdrp
    I was able to get into the game 3-4 times yesterday, and 1 time today. I sit looking at this screen every other time I try to get into the game

I can now connect through cellular data (was not able to before) but still can not connect through wifi
  • Danklacrank1Danklacrank1 Member Posts: 59
    how can you guys start war or as when tons of on the east coast can't stay connected??? still get kicked off after aq fights arena fights it's horrendous and if this happens during war fight I'll freak lol please fix this...its a Wi-Fi connection issues because with cell service we have no problems
  • Somethingsome2Somethingsome2 Member Posts: 17
    I'm getting really pissed off finishing a fight in AQ and then getting disconnected when done. Then I get the joy of fighting again with half health. Fix you your damn game Kabam.

Galaxy S9 with latest version
    Wifi connection with 200Mbps service.
    It IS NOT on my end...it's your stupid infrastructure.
  • Eagleernie1Eagleernie1 Member Posts: 15
    Crashing after fighting in AQ. Stuck on login screen. Past 2 days have not been able to stay connected longer than 5 to 10 minutes.
    EagleErnie
    Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Merc_With_MouthMerc_With_Mouth Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2020

My game won't open whileim connected to wifi
    It won't even with cellular data too this is frustrating
  • Eagleernie1Eagleernie1 Member Posts: 15
    In-Game Name: eagleernie
    Device and Model: Galaxy S8
    Device Operating System: Android version 9
    Cellular or WiFi: both sprint
    Game Version Installed: 27.2.5
    Game Mode: all modes
    Description of the Issue: crashing after fight, stuck on login screen when trying to log back in. Have not been able to stay logged in longer than 5 to 10 minutes at a time.

• Jrf8_Jrf8_ Member Posts: 2
    I'm stuck on the downloading screen after updating to the new version of the game, do i uninstall it and again download it but I'm still stuck on the downloading screen. It us continuously showing the connection issue. Please fix it. I'm using a realme 6 pro, android 10.
  • Jrf8_Jrf8_ Member Posts: 2

This is happening continuously and it is not getting downloaded.
  • Spidey4035Spidey4035 Member Posts: 12
    In-Game Name: Spidey 4035.
    Device and Model: Oppo A9 2020
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Game Mode: Any mode
    Description of the Issue: Using WiFi when i win a match but before the victory message comes up, the lost signal sign appears and the game disconnects and when i get connected again i have to start the match again at half health against a full health opponent. It doesn't happen when i use my phone data and the WiFi works with my other apps just fine, the only issue is with MCOC.